Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I am way more pumped about Pretty vs Ugly Tony than Connor/Khabib. Like I'm more interested to know who will win the title fight, but I also think it will be pretty obvious by the end of the first round who's going to be able to do their thing. In Ferguson/Pettis you've got two of the best scramblers and most creative strikers in any division, as well as probably the two most dynamic submission games. I think Pettis' run of bad form makes people forget what a killer he is, esp off his back. He subbed Bendo, Giblert, Charles Oliveira, and Chiesa off his back; has anybody in UFC subbed more legit grapplers from that position?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Chris James 2 posted:

Beat Diaz once, lost to Diaz once, lost to Floyd, lost to Khabib

Beat Mendes on a fairly fuckin big PPV, then beat Aldo, and has also beaten Alvarez all on big shows. I don't know how anybody comes up with "4" as a number of big PPV events Connor has done.

efb

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I feel like Khabib is basically mini Cain Velasquez, complete with propensity for injury. And the way to beat him then is to be Junior Dos Santos on the right day (this was Conor's chance, and to a lesser extent Barboza's and Johnson's), or to be Werdum, a high level bottom player with enough cardio to keep up with Cain's output. This points to Tony and Ortega and Diaz as having the best shots, although Ortega's never gone 5 rounds in UFC so the limits of his cardio are hard to gauge, and I have a hard time believing the Diaz match wouldn't look mostly like Nick vs GSP but with smaller people.

• Locked thread