Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at the long rear end terrible post in the last thread naming all the guys who hit harder than Conor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat sounds like the event will be a bust based on IT office interest anecdotes

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

InfiniteZero posted:

We all know that the event will actually be a bust because Khabib will drop out by Wednesday.

No! Noooo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don’t think Khabib will prolong the fight to punish Conor if he has a chance to finish him he should take it or he might pay for it later

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

khabib wont get too tired but conor probably will if khabib gets hold of him even if he is just fighting against the fence and he wont have the reserves to hurt khabib in the later rounds. i think if it goes to round 3 its not possible for conor to win because khabibs tempo is too high

yeah i think youre right. khabib might get tired if hes gettin cracked tho

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

Conor has spent his career boxing up FWs. Eddie walked directly into McGregor’s power hand over and over. Chad$ said McGregor didn’t hit harder than a lot of FWs, but he was very accurate.

I think McGregor is a pick’em still against a guy like Barboza. Conor’s only chance is a lucky shot.

Remember when Urijah Faber picked up and just moved Conor when they squabbled outside a bathroom a few years ago?

Lmfao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

LobsterMobster posted:

gotta guarantee shevchenko gets the belt, then they can have her fight joanna

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

in fact i think modern mma should be treasured as it is. there really arent that many sports left that cant be completely mastered by an individual athlete

Yeah the level of athlete has gone way up across the board. It’s only gonna get better

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

Just in case anyone likes laughing, Brendan Schaub and Theo Vonn have a podcast coming out this month.

Theo Vonn is loving hysterical and Schaub and him are great together.

Now back to the regularly scheduled Conor talk.

sounds awful

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

The quality of card Bellator puts together still isn't on par - despite protestations in this thread the last two or three ppvs have been really loving good.

youre right

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Schaub has CTE and Down syndrome

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah he's stupid but I was just posting a few choice bits for those that didn't feel like watching the 15 minute video of his weirdness

for sure and thank you lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

Thanks for the input! Good job! You get a gold star.

no prob keep us updated on any other lovely rear end podcasts tangentially related to the ufc

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

How to be a PSP Poster -

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i just hate brandon schaub lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
colt is the most powerful of the 3 ninjas

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody talking to me about the Conor fight this weekend or at all bc I’m a sweaty fuckin IT nerd

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Horney posted:

Valentina is going to fight someone who's in actual danger in the cage against her instead of one of the most dominant champs in the sport. The reason for this is because November is marginally more convenient than December for the UFC. exhibit 420 of why should I care about this sport or its belts at all

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Joanna too scared to lose 3 in a row

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DaFrugalGamer posted:

wmma is garbage

True

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There’s no good talent. It’s gonna take a long time

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mewse posted:

I hope they parody the Kaepernick nike ad next. That's not tired

Brutal

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
effort x consistency = confidence

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone at my job where nobody fixes any servers or anything talkin bout the fight. Gonna he huge. Can’t wait. Was great when Conor called Ali a terrorist snitch glad we are on the same page on that one

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Balthesar posted:

lol i should have expected and preempted that response with i am not an IT professional, but sure, lets keep running the joke into the ground. I agree he posts the occasionally funny thing but its mostly responding with "lol" rather than an actual reason he disagrees with a poster.

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Waroduce posted:

I am a deadlifting 29 year old computer toucher who boxes and rolls ocasionally AMA

Congrats on beginning to exercise before age 30

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Waroduce posted:

10/10 dime status

I am actually fat and old now I am a former division 1 baseball player and was ranked in the ESPN top 300 AMA

E: this is the first ppv im going to buy instead of streaming now that the fighters have made weight so cool.

Surprising you never went anywhere with that

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
conor by tko, then hes gonna jump out the cage and attack a known terrorist. hes the greatest fighter since ali and the greatest hero sportsman since pat tillman RIP

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

josh thomson in his prime was a loving excellent fighter. and great fun to watch.

yeah too bad he got so many miles on him so early and 100000 injuries. he was so well rounded

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

I'd love to look at Josh Thomson in the Metal Gear Solid 3 Injury Viewer

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Anyone want to Toxx bet for a ban?

I think Conor will win.
Who wants to take Khabib?

:toxx:

theyre afraid

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
respect. these other dorks arent fit to hold your lanyard

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SquirrelGrip posted:

powder didn’t do poo poo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

Jon jones not guilty

This guy supports snitching

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Destro posted:

I thought he was a truck driver too but I could be wrong

That’s Brett Rogers lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
They have to do Ferguson vs Khabib and I think they will. There’s no way you can justify an immediate rematch

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Veskit posted:

I could justify it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah but I don’t think they’ll do that or can justify that to fans

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Only reason Conor did well round 3 is Khabib tired his arms out pummeling the absolute poo poo out of him for literally like 45 seconds straight full power shots and it took him a few minutes to recover enough from it to continue taking him down effortlessly. Conor has a good chin and is tough, he took a beating

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i thought he was pretty aggressive at first. trying to press khabib, not being on his back foot at least and still got taken down from 50 feet away and held down for the entire round

• Locked thread