Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Who the gently caress is Amy Kaplan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

BlindSite posted:

She's been reporting on the UFC forever.

My bad I guess, but I’ve never heard of her or seen her mentioned anywhere. Though a small set of Google results indicates she is a photographer/writer.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

That display is so cheap, goddamnit everything about this poo poo reminds me of those brands of soaps and cleaners and cheese snacks that don't exist outside of the Dollar Tree

It needs a cardboard cutout like Ron Jeremy’s rum.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Remember when Urijah Faber picked up and just moved Conor when they squabbled outside a bathroom a few years ago?

Lol, truly the most exposing tape on McGregor. I hope AKA has put in the proper time analyzing it.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Tony Ferguson posted:

This is a rat race, but I'm no rat. I'm a fuckin turtle, a ninja turtle. So which one's your favorite? I like Michelangelo. Next question.

Vitoresque in his rambling is El Cucuy

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

It’s dumb and the Joanna fight makes more sense in every way other than fulfilling their desperate need for an MSG main, but when the TUF competitors are the division, who should she fight?
Joanne Calderwood? They stripped the champion and Eubanks is the runner up in the tournament, barring her failing kidneys.
I want to reiterate that I do think it is very very stupid and makes no sense as a loving MSG headliner, but UFC gonna UFC and stick it to Nate Diaz by putting a 4-3 fighter in the main event.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Is Chookagian the one whose nickname is literally “Blonde Fighter”?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Gentleman, we’re forgetting that the Black Beast is fighting this weekend. I hope his back is magically all better this time...

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Tony said his favorite turtle is Michelangelo, but he showed off bo staff skills during his workout.
Is he playing head games? I feel so disillusioned.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Can someone do me a solid and post the Diaz scorpion/frog pic?

Unrelated to anything going on at the moment, but I need to save that poo poo.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

How did Khalabeeb look on the scale? I assume we won’t have to hear about him being rushed to the hospital, though I bet there’s no way any UFC or commission doctor would say poo poo for this event.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Senjuro posted:

The solution is to first root for Khabib because no other lightweight has a better chance of beating Conor and then root for Khabib's next opponent.

Maybe the lightweight who already beat Conor has the best chance of beating him. And also maybe someone who can shoot a double leg but isn’t bad at striking.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Senjuro posted:

Any future rematch with Nate will be a tossup at best. Khabib's the only one, on paper at least, that could completely dominate Conor.

I guess I agree about Nate 3. And Khabib, on paper, could smesh Conor. Or he could get KTFO. I want Khabib to win, though.

I’d like to see Conor against Kevin Lee. And Ugly Tony. And the Black Beast.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Plus he wears that funny hat.

Unhateable.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

ghouldaddy07 posted:

All glory to Kabib but this whole thing felt like the first Diaz fight.

Lol, what?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Really the worst part of all this is that now I’ll have to hear more about and from loving Dillon Danis. gently caress.

Has Snoop Dogg been reached for comment?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Yeah, it’s funny that Conor’s dipshit lackeys are somehow the catalyst for both major incidents.

I wonder how long everyone will pretend or be ignorant that Conor swung first at Khabib’s team on the cage.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lol, Tony’s fights are so insane. Most fighters instinctively shoot a takedown when they’re in trouble but Tony’s so weird his go-to is that drat roll lmao.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lmao, RDA with the deep cuts. He’s fighting Usman next, right?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mekchu posted:

The CME post 229 podcast is out and is aptly titled "Canonball!".

:allears:

Listening to this now and they bring up this video. Can't tell for sure but lol if Conor said to Khabib during rounds, "it's only business."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_lqgAC7Hu0

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

DBB always says he needs a break or isn’t ready and then books another fight immediately.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

conor is a coward, unlike angela magana

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Didn’t DC have a broken hand?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

someone with good movement and a stiff enough jab off the back foot could give him a pretty hard time I think and outpoint him to a decision. They would be called a coward and Gay on the World Wide Web but they would win.

Who is the Uber Gay though? The man who cowardly takes his opponent down or the man who runs away?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSj3VzKit6A

There's footage of Khabib after the brawl when he goes to back in this video from like 7 mins onwards.

Cool video. Ali might have done 9/11, but he knows how to cater a party.
It was interesting to see Herb going over the rules in the back. I know they always do it but I’ve never seen it before.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Theo Von just seems like an incredibly chill dude that mixes well with anyone

This. Dude kills it on any podcast he’s a guest on.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

il serpente cosmico posted:

Meisha's fake ta tas probably caused more problems. The butt is a source of great power, tbh.

It’s a double edged sword. See MacKenzie Dern.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/madflavor/status/995332080643944448?s=20

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Joey Diaz has done and does do many things with turds and I wish he was my friend irl.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It should be illegal to be Yoel Romero.

It really is an extremely unfair advantage.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Did anyone know that Nate Diaz became a father this year?

Seems like something I wouldn’t forget, but I don’t remember hearing about it until now.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I watched the Bellator show the other day, and Goldberg on commentary with Big John is abysmal.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Rogan and DC are also cool because they don’t give a gently caress.

Joe: Is that staph on Kevin’s chest?
Producer in their ear: Don’t say anything don’t say anything don’t say anything
DC: Yep, that’s staph.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Eagerly awaiting Mike Perry’s discovery of his “oriental blood” and the follow up video.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

Aren't askren and woodley team mates? Like, DC / Cain? Have they spoke about fighting each other?

They won’t fight each other. Could change I guess but that’s what they’ve said so far. I find it hard to imagine the UFC trying to change their minds with a fuckton of money.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

gently caress Reebok for denying us the beauty of Popeyes printed across the rear end of the Black Beast.

“Imma go and have a spicy bucket of Popeyeees. That’s right I said POPEYES, not KFC cuz they won’t pay me nothin. I’m goin deep tonight.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

UFC November: Popeyes and Black Eyes

• Locked thread