Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Momentum was in Conor's favor. He won R3 on all 3 judges' scorecards and was well on his way to winning R4 before Khabib caught him with a fluke takedown. Should be an easy rematch for Conor IMO, he has Khabib's timing down pat now.

How's that? Am I an honorary Irish now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Chris James 2 posted:

Automatic F for no contractually-obligated promotion of the whiskey

:negative:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

JaySB posted:

Irish take on the fight: "Khabib would have lost if he stood up and fought like a man instead of rolling around on the ground"

gently caress, it's so simple and elegant

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Cyber Dog posted:

Just a reminder that Tony Ferguson did this, just to show Pettis

https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/1049017346080354306

god I love that weird motherfucker

during the fight my wife asked me "what is wrong with that Ferguson guy?" very concernedly and I didn't have a good answer

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

JHomer722 posted:

If Conor starts to lose his best model for moving forward is Chael “I’ve never lost a fight, just gotten caught” Sonnen

Yeah. People are still paying cash money and devoting their eyeballs to watch Chael limply grind on Rampage for 25 minutes in tyool 2018 because he's entertaining as gently caress despite being some sort of weird failure golem. Conor gonna be fine, he just needs to focus on circus fights instead of title fights

Redundant posted:

They did and it's pretty great.

lmao

poor Conor really misjudged Khalabeeb's willingness to play along with his bullshit

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 8, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

picture how mad Dana is gonna be if Beast sparks DC and the lesnar doublechamp superfight evaporates

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

also wasn't Val/Some TUF Girl going to headline 230?

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So it's a big risk no-choice situation for Khabib and a no-choice high reward situation for Conor to rematch.

I feel like getting another big sack full of money to deliver a second life altering beating to a guy he handled like a child the first time around is an acceptable risk threshold

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 9, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's signed for the event but they've probably been listening to the groaning about how that's not a great headliner so they're still looking for something else, even though they've got the World Superfighter Division Championship fight sitting right there

that makes sense, I mean I'll pay for any Val fight but its not exactly a dream match

Rigel posted:

Conor's whiskey is reportedly terrible. Shocking, I know.

https://twitter.com/rprose/status/1049429269032648704

also not to defend an r-worded Irish idiot but this article is real dumb and reads like they just wanted to dunk on McGregor

his fancy whiskey is just re-blended Bushmills, there's no way it's as vile as all that. its not good, sure, but it's a fuckin 25 dollar whiskey, it's gonna be basic as poo poo and good mostly for mixing

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

gross

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Demtor posted:

Hahaha. Fair. Yes. Getty images is apparently a thing, but I'm not paying $500 for a picture.

if you want an ugly tony avatar I will not stand in your way

otherwise you gotta pay the troll toll to get into that boy's soul

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

In my opinion, the fight was not gay enough. khabib and conor should have kissed but they didnt

when Khabib spit on Conor I hoped he was gonna use it as lube

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Khabib smesh Dana

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

in a perverse way you gotta respect Conor's willingness to get the poo poo kicked out of him by fighters who are clearly better than he is

I guess

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

That's him trying to hype a rematch

here's what he posted after the fight

quote:

“Congrats to Floyd on a well fought match,” wrote McGregor on Instagram. “Very experienced and methodical in his work. I wish him well in retirement. He is a heck of a boxer. His experience, his patience and his endurance won him this fight hands down. I always told him he was not a fighter but a boxer. But sharing the ring with him he is certainly a solid fighter. Strong in the clinch. Great understanding of frames and head position.”

The one thing that is consistent about Conor is that he is a gracious loser right up until the point where it becomes better for his pocketbook to start hyping the rematch

with Khabib, he just dramatically overestimated a dagestani psycho's willingness to play along with his carnie bullshit

or, as better put in the immortal words of the great Irish philosopher joelsmith543:

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 11, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

god I love the Diazes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

Holy crap I just came back to this subforum after years out and I haven't thought about mobn in like 5 years

Truly a grandfather of 'I train' goons

*grandmother

CommonShore posted:

Right there in the thread. He just posted it.

Good enough for me!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I've already sent hot tips to Ariel

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

got a link? that poo poo sounds funny

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

but enough about dana

:discourse:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

il serpente cosmico posted:

Joey Diaz shits in the shower and crams his turds down the drain

Joey Diaz is very good, yes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

refusing to train against the Black Beast is really just being a good sport

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Seriously it's totally natural for your accent to slip if you live in a foreign country for an extended period you parochial fucks. I had a (relatively mild) accent when I moved to the states and I sound 100% American now

the translator thing is loving weird but it's plausible that he was meant for her brazilian fans, not because she suddenly doesn't understand english

What's really important is how that rear end look like a birthday cake

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm sure everyone here saw, but I didn't notice that Khabib wasn't letting go after the tap and Herb Dean had to pry his grip apart until we watched the replay of the whole end of the fight like 3 times.

Khabib is Extremely Good, yes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

you know whats a tite rear end song? bat out of hell, by meat loaf, in case we need something better to talk about but would prefer to stay way off topic

lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Flaskraven posted:

I saw this posted on r/mma and it's the hardest I've ever laughed at an mma move
https://streamable.com/gr0wn

ahahah

I hope they never cut Artem

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

God I miss him

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

today in Twitter Wars, Ben Askren is already slapfighting with the entire division

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1055496765116428288

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1055460377721532418

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1055501350405107713

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1055438044092919809

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

whats the problem officer *flexes every single muscle in his body* just eating my #CupNoodle haha

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

mewse posted:

I absolutely refuse to watch the fights from last weekend so can someone give me a 1 sentence summary of how bad Artem Lobov was (again, NOT going to watch the fights)

artem's own coach posted:

"So does Artem deserve to be in the UFC based on his own merits? Should he be cut after another loss? Well firstly, if losses against high level opposition were the only criteria for being cut then you’d be quickly left with just [two] in each weight class,” Kavanagh wrote on Facebook. “Sounds obvious but on every fight card HALF the fighters lose. Cut them all?”

• Locked thread