Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even now this landscape is assembling.
The hills darken. The oxen
sleep in their blue yoke,
the fields having been
picked clean, the sheaves
bound evenly and piled at the roadside
among cinquefoil, as the toothed moon rises:

This is the barrenness
of harvest or pestilence.
And the wife leaning out the window
with her hand extended, as in payment,
and the seeds
distinct, gold, calling
Come here
Come here, little one

And the soul creeps out of the

Welcome one and all, to the official :spooky:Scream Scream:spooky: thread for this October. What started as a way to celebrate Halloween with a few online friends has grown into a yearly tradition that I want to share with everyone. If you love horror movies and the season of the witch even half as much as I do, or if you just want to hang out with some goons and watch movies this October, you'll fit right in. Now, let me explain how this works.

Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for all of October, at 8:30 EST, I'll be streaming two horror films a night, along with some other light halloween-themed entertainment to break it up. The stream is hosted here and sometimes here if something goes wrong. That's 24 horror movies total! And you can chat with goons in the official Scream Stream discord while you watch!

Every Scream Stream has its own Scream Theme, and this year the theme of the films shown will be Direct To Video. Every single feature was released directly on home video, streaming, or other non-theatrical venue. These obscure releases are hopefully new to you, or at least fun.

Gaze in wonder at this year's library.

The usual disclaimer applies that I haven't seen everything I'll be streaming, so surprises are in store for all of us. I'll also be showing something after the second movie for you night owls.

But there's more to the Scream Stream than watching awesome horror movies with your favorite goons! We also have prizes! What kind of prizes? Well how's about :

Every single Friday night, you'll have your chance to enter a raffle to win a pizza the following night, to enjoy while you watch your movies! You have to tune in for the details, and the rules are slightly different this year. The only thing tastier than pizza is pizza you don't have to pay for! Here are some satisfied winners from the past:

On a more personal note, I'm really thankful to everyone who participates in this yearly tradition. Life isn't always easy but Halloween always cheers me up, and it makes my year that I can share some of that joy with an audience. Feel free to say hi in the discord and post here! Scream Stream is fun for everyone.... as long as you don't overdo it with the pizza.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SCREAM STREAM 6 MONSTER HALL OF FAME

Here's what we watched so far this month!

Dagon

Demonic Toys

Murder Party

The Video Dead

I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

The Nail Gun Massacre

Splinter

CreepTales

Castle Freak

Project: Metalbeast

Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings

Winterbeast

Curse of Chucky

Puppet Master

Sometimes they Come Back

Night of the Demons 2

Fermat's Room

High School Ghost Hustlers aka High School Ghosbusters

Scarab

Street Trash

Gerald's Game

Minutes Past Midnight

Slumber Party Massacre 2

The Phantom Empire

And if you're curious about previous years, check out the official Scream Stream Letterboxd courtesy of friend of the stream Franchescanado!

And for the nostalgic, here are the intros from the previous years' streams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOebimeruU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpI9WZdIe30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzO7BYE9TA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHE7nI2xd7s

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 1, 2018

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

It's the best time of the year!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

Every Scream Stream has its own Scream Theme, and this year the theme of the films shown will be Direct To Video. Every single feature was released directly on home video, streaming, or other non-theatrical venue. These obscure releases are hopefully new to you, or at least fun.

Cursed theme

https://i.imgur.com/PrbmSlx.gifv

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I'm looking forward to this even though I'll be missing out on the fridays. Work schedule's got me 2pm-11pm until an Act of God happens.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I was in on this a couple years ago and enjoyed the hell out of. Not sure if I'll be able to join this time due to increasing family obligations, but I'll jump on if I can. Lurdiak you're awesome for doing these.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm so goddamn happy it's that time of year again. Last year was my first Scream Stream and it was a blast. I cannot recommend this enough to any goons who haven't taken part in this yet.

Sadly, since I work nights I will not be able to participate on Fridays. Papa Lurdiak, I hope you will be able reveal details soon on how to get in on them sweet pies, I still want to contribute to that!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
oh hell yes

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This is a permanent fixture in my October plans, and I'm so glad it's back. You know I love you Lurdiak, almost as much as I love disagreeing with you on movie opinions.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Yes!! I'm going to watch so many horror films.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

the only thing that kept me going through that poo poo-tastic September was knowing that scream stream was coming.

I hope fewer dogs die this time

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm gonna be late to most of these but I'm still gonna make it godDAMN it

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I’m gonna be so busy this month and will need this injection of spookiness more than ever. Thank you, Lurdiak, you sweet sweet man.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Welcome to October, can’t wait!

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
For some reason I thought this wasn't happening this year. I'm so happy to find out i'm wrong!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm looking forward to another month of Scream Streams.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Choco1980 posted:

This is a permanent fixture in my October plans, and I'm so glad it's back. You know I love you Lurdiak, almost as much as I love disagreeing with you on movie opinions.

:hfive: Hell yeah!

My favorite time of year. This is the only time I enter CD. Thanks again Lurdiak, even though you have horrible movie opinions.

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water
Lurdiak is awesome and this is the best time of the year.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Hell yeah I'm excited for my first Scream Stream :)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for hosting this again this year, Lurdiak! Can't wait.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's time again! Can't wait!

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

For some reason I thought this might not be coming back. Pumped it is. Hoping to make as much of this as possible. Thanks for doing it again.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I bet we'll end up being surprised by some of the quality horror movies that ended up not getting a theatrical release, for whatever reason.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Basebf555 posted:

I bet we'll end up being surprised by some of the quality horror movies that ended up not getting a theatrical release, for whatever reason.

I appreciate your enthusiasm

--

I felt a tug on my heartstrings and realized that after the first weekend I'm going to miss most of this year's, I think. I should be around for the rest of the Sundays, though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I HAVE JOINED U PEOPLE

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

When it's that time of year again already

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's really challenging due to time differences but I'll try to join at least a few streams on Fridays or Saturdays. Last time it was pretty fun watching cheesy horror flicks and ripping into them in the chat. Looking forward!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Hell yes!! Stream those screams! Everyone please check this out.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I wish posts had a Like button.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Spatulater bro! posted:

I wish posts had a Like button.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

This has been my phone background since last stream

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SCREAM STREAM INAUGURAL NIGHT

This Friday's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

Dagon

(Rated R for strong violence/gore, sexuality/nudity and language) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

Demonic Toys
(Rated R for fantasy/horror violence and language) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

We'll also be playing...

Mystery Bonus Features

This is also your chance to tune in and win...

Be there!

Windows 98 posted:

Hell yes!! Stream those screams! Everyone please check this out.

Please do!

Timby posted:

I HAVE JOINED U PEOPLE

Welcome! One of us, one of us!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 4, 2018

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Aw man, I love love LOVE Dagon.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Opening with a Stuart Gordon film is a powerful move. Can't wait.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Dagon is excellent.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm quite thrilled about these opening features.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Aw, sweet. Scream Streams are the best, and particularly ones with movies I haven't seen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oops, almost forgot, went back and added some content advisory information for both films. Last year there was a very unfortunate incident where a viewer saw something on the very first Scream Stream night that vividly reminded them of a personal trauma, and this pretty much wrecked their October. I'm making an effort to avoid a repeat of that this year.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nooo!