Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm also a big fan of the fact that Lin Xue Ya is completely absent from the season so far, hopefully never to come back. Screaming Phoenix Killer, you were too good for this world

Scheming in the darkness can not be considered real subterfuge
True strength is being able to mislead the eye under the light of day
Fact and fiction are opposites of the same sheet of paper
Who can see beneath the surface and glimpse my true nature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yinlock posted:

were the dramatic poses during the poem really necessary

wasn't he in the middle of a conversation

Absolutely necessary

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Every part you consider a negative of the vape wizards reveal in the end I thought was a positive. Him being ]secretly the strongest swordsman in the story completes the character, he's an rear end in a top hat through and through, roping around people in a huge scheme just to gently caress with them. Then all that power he had served him very little in the end when Gilgamesh killed himself denying the one thing he's spent so much time working on

Also I dont know why you think he's the second strongest dude in S1, he would pretty handily beat anyone presented in the story so far

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yinlock posted:

shang with an actual sword might be able to take him, but as has been said there's no reason for them to fight

Nah, Shangs entire thing is that he uses his Qi to form the blade of whatever he’s using or channel it inside others to blow them up from the inside, a real sword wouldn’t improve his skills much just tire him out less.

Vape wizard created sword techniques so counter intuitive that the greater your own mastery of the sword the easier it would be for him to gently caress you up in them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like how the natural extension of the whole "Always someone trying to be a super swordman" applied to smiths too in the end. Of course in this world there would be loving people crazy enough to make a sword that creates a portal to the far reaches of space just to prove they can.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I sure as hell didn't expect Aoi Yuki to be an evil talking sword

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

My assumption is that he's both an actual government official and also part of the evil gang because he's a corrupt magistrate, though it could go either way.

Also I definitely hope he's onto Lin Xue Ya's ruse because I desperately want to see him knocked down a peg.

His entire soliloquie is about how he misleads in broad daylight. In season one everyone but Shang knew that he was a super rear end in a top hat from the get go they just didnt know how much of an rear end in a top hat he was.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

I mean, Mei Tan's dead and Lin Xu wasn't. That's a victory in and of itself for the pragmatic.

And then Shang Bu solved the other problem pretty much immediately. That takes care of the double-ownage.

Narratively, blue haired Glasses Dude is either part of the Evil Organization and is on another angle at getting the Sword Scroll back from a different angle than the Princess of Cruelty or he's working with the Evil Organization because Shang did indeed steal those swords, even if he stole them from arsehole wizards.

The intrigue comes from the question of 'is the majority of people in Xei Yu an arsehole wizard' considering the evil smile thing this guy has going on.

I mean Lin's entire reason to go with everyone was to own Mei, he spent a lot of time and effort to own him, and in the end he failed to own him. Its a complete failure for Lin, he just salvaged it because he learned about Shang in the process and oh boy is it going to be fun to try to own the people that will come after him.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

But that's the thing, he's a master at getting people involved. Even when you know he's trying to take a poo poo on you you still think you can outshit him.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is he saying that line about turning to friends when in need of aid? Because if it is it'll be perfect

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shangs outfit looks comfy as gently caress

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I want the Aoi Yuki sword to actually not be that evil and make friends with the princess of cruelty

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I always think its called voice actor

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They are going to have to hurry the gently caress up since there are like 5 henchmen stones and their boss we still haven't even seen.

And we are already 4 episodes in

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lang: Your words are superficial, what lies underneath is unimaginable!
Lin : Oho? And what lies underneath then?
Lang : I dont know but you are a bad dude!
Lin: Womp womp

Lang I love you dude, but your moment this episode was basically us the moment we saw Lins design on season 1.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

90% sure I remember reading a quote about how it's the other way around and Urobochi bugged TM Revolution to let Urobochi put him in the show.

the doll was just going to be a promotional "mascot" of sort and urobochi liked it so much he wanted it included in the second part of the story.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder what Urobochi's intent is with these characters. Like the priest is basically Kirei before he took the step into being evil and we have a character thats supposed to be good at predicting these things actively try to murder him before he takes that path. His entire design screams evil. Is it going to be that obvious or will he subvert it in the end?

Likewise everything is pointing to poison girl grabbing the Aoi Yuki sword to get strong and beat Shang. It makes sense from a story telling perspective, because Fox has shown to be very little match for Shang and like he noticed, Lin has eyes on him already. But at the same time I dont think thats where the show is going, her using the sword is pretty much an admission that she's failed and it really does feel like the show is going to try and do something different.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Knowing ling he's already 10 steps ahead and he's been laying down the foundation to accuse fox of being the enigmatic gale

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I have to keep repeating this but everyone knew what Lin's deal was in season 1 and they still got owned in the end. Knowing it just makes you more vulnerable because it makes you think you have a leg up on him

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Welp indeed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spend half the episode thinking about how lin is going to try to gently caress Fox only to have Fox mind worfed by aoi Yuki.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Today's episode was pretty good and I genuinely said "welp that's one way of solving loose threads" during one of the scenes

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62F5LO1Fjw

Its shuten dojis voice just...less thirsty in one way and far more thirsty in another

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im so loving mad right now

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Pretty much where I'm at.

Women in Urobuchi shows I guess

POC was legit my favorite new character this season and Urobochi fridged her. Yes it was predictable as hell but I honestly hoped he had gotten over this problem but noooope

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If she actually survives somehow she even got the typical character development haircut for free, what a nice guy

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lin is def going to paint fox into the enigmatic gale

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm still mad that POC died but thirsty sword telling clingy monk to ease up was fun

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey lin just saying but that's twice now you've been owned by following Shang around

I mean yes you owned them both but one was so not mad that he ended up owning himself so hard it's shockwave owned you in the process. And the other one admitted he was mad and got over it in like 10 seconds

Also there is something hilarious about a fight to the death being interrupted by an extremely not owned Lin just casually yelling "hey catch"

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 10, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Monk turning into a Aoi Yuki sword otaku continues to be extremely amusing

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its pretty amazing how she was fretting about goth monks insanity and how she immediately used his emotions as a cudgel to get her back to Shang. I wonder if she would rather take her chances being locked up again in the sorcerous index over being in a ditch in the nuclear wasteland

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure that Xiao's death and the leadup to it was an explicit parallel to Xie's. They both get stomped by Shang and then shanked by Lou and the Seven Blasphemous Deaths, but the way they approach it and the way they end up treated by others are completely different. As for Lin, he's established as being really good, but not as good as Shang, both in the physical and the philosophical sides of swordsmanship. If Shang has difficulty blind-fighting someone, you can bet Lin will too.

there is 0 chance that lin is worse than shang in sword fighting unless they forgot everything about s1. Screaming was on par with Shang and he got clowned by bones and then bones got clowned by Lin

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Shang was holding back super hard throughout S1. I really doubt he was fighting Sha seriously.

I mean the same thing can be said with Lin in this fight since you could just argue that he was letting on just to play around with Night of Mourning

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You gotta contort yourself pretty hard to see any pertinent political analogies from thunderbolt. Its just your standard wuxia with demons

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ah yes the countries divided by the war and machinations of literal foreign devils kept away by the threat of nuclear bombs swords.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

7BD is silent because Aoi Yuki aint cheap

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah but the Divine Order don't have the Mandate of Heaven either, they're a group of heretic sorcerers and rogue warriors. They're no better than steampunk warlock.

If the heretic sorcerers and rogue warriors overthrow the government then they have the mandate. Its that simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its pretty funny that they could get the arms and hands on the nendroid to move in the same way they do.