Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

This ep was fun and I'm looking forward to watching more adventures of Scruffy, and his friend Vapey, and his new old friend Twangy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

My assumption is that he's both an actual government official and also part of the evil gang because he's a corrupt magistrate, though it could go either way.

Also I definitely hope he's onto Lin Xue Ya's ruse because I desperately want to see him knocked down a peg.

Vapey's climactic character moment in S1 was him getting knocked down a peg.

Sure he got back up immediately after because it's not like a dead guy can own you twice, right?

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Space Flower posted:

apparently the sultry Aoi Yuuki sword has the same name and appearance as the talking sword used by Urobuchi's character in TRPG-turned-light-novel, Red Dragon (in anime Chaos Dragon, urobuchi's char and sword are genderswapped)

in Red Dragon too, it's a sword of calamity that seduces whoever sees it

It has, however, also been swanked up to puppetshow standards.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

I wanna see Princess Cruelty keep escaping death at the hands of all of these clearly vastly superior fighters she keeps throwing down with, partly because she's the only female character, and partly because she's the only obvious underdog in the equation.

I hope she doesn't fall back on the Aoi Yuuki sword because that'll probably be the end for her, and also because if she does and dies, it'll probably end up with the monk getting the sword. And that would be a bit too on-the-nose of a shoutout for me.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I always think its called voice actor

lol

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

I like lang, the guy's got gumption and doesn't take vapey's poo poo

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Either way it's adorable

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

I like how all it took was a single exchange and then Shang immediately understood what vapey was up to this time.

Also Lang is two for two on good instincts, poor decisions.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

I knew this would happen and I hate it more for it.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

It doesn't help that she was the only character with an arc.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Scumbag Fox has been a real treat this season, lemme tell ya

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

lmao they made a special beat up, bruised face for Xiao Kuang Juan

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah that owned and I loved watching his broken glasses dangle around. They put so much effort into the details and I love it.

lol

I love this dingus. He owns Lin, then Lang, then himself.

With a little help from the guy you most expect, but in a way you least expected.

Yo I love this show, it's buckwild

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

I know urobuchi likes the concept behind that character enough to keep writing him into things but he was definitely the least compelling of all the baddies this season.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

give him a bat, you fools

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

my favorite part of s2 was how vapey got so completely owned despite his plan working flawlessly. i hope he gets owned some more in s3.

I think vapey might be 0-2 as far as not being owned by villains goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011