Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The recap part of the movie is extremely good despite being a recap too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I'm sad we didn't get another T.M.Revolution song for the OP, Raimei was such a great song. Hopefully that black Giorno fellow will get a theme song as good as Betsu Ten Gai as well, his theme was one of my favorite songs from the last season.

Darth Walrus posted:

You know, I’m kind of curious whether anyone’s done decent art of the characters in a different artstyle. I ain’t slamming the visual presentation, because it’s cool and unique, but it’d be kind of fun to see these sword-obsessed weirdos with actual varied expressions.
The characters have official art alongside their puppets on the official site (Season 1 here) and there was a manga adaptation of the first season. The art for the manga wasn't particular amazing but it was different.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The full version of the OP is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USmtjXUUlQ0

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The biggest way to shut him down would be to somehow make everyone aware of him and his shtick. He's essentially an internet troll trying to rile up a reaction from his victims, so if they don't engage with his antics he can't get what he wants.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I'm liking Diddy Kong's personality so far. I hope he doesn't end up being an antagonist, although my initial suspicion was that he is the Princess of Cruelty's boss or part of her organization in some way.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Pretty sure the cop is still just a cop, although now we know he's just as evil as has been hinted at. And he clearly has either a personal vendetta with Shou Fu Kan or his emperor does because he is going way out of his way to frame Shou for everything bad that happens everywhere.
To me it seems like either he or his emperor really wants to acquire the Index, either because some of the swords in it belonged to the emperor (based on the explanation he gave to the old guy) or the emperor is just power hungry and wants 36 badass swords. I don't think he particularly cares about Shang beyond the fact that he happens to be the person with the Index.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

And exactly how did his voice get cursed in the first place?
He probably pissed off some wizard/demon. It's got the hallmarks of a classic Faustian bargain! Preview spoilers: Hopefully that fight with Shang isn't a falling out :ohdear: And the princess of cruelty is now bunkmates with Di Kong! :3: It would be great if he ended up turning her to the side of good.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Hell, he might even make it ironic and have it so that when Hunting Fox tries to expose Lin in a climactic scene, it ends up making himself look like the person who's pretending to be an officer of the law.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Urobuchi's uncle told me Princess of Cruelty lives at the end and marries Di Kong to retire to a life of peace and quiet, where she atones for her sins by working as a wandering apothecary. And uh she adopts a cute dog, I guess :colbert:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

This is clearly all a long con, and when Shang, Ling and Lang have the monk on the ropes she's going to jump out of nowhere to steal the kill like a true assassin.

:smith:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The lack of frames on Hunting Fox's glasses make it look like he's doing a OwO face.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I can't believe Lin is going to be a corn cob for the season finale.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 10, 2018

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The opening scene is truly one of the greatest pieces of comedy ever written. :lol:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Saw a funny comment somewhere else: Shang stuffs the Index with every piece of junk he finds, turning it into a magical sword gacha the next time someone tries to steal from it.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's some S2 fanart I found, I'm a big fan of the Thunderbird Fantasy one.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

dogsicle posted:

so this is a movie i guess, might be similar to the other one because it's got prequel stuff about lang... or just his instrument? i recognize none of the people
New info on this, mostly voice actors and some more character reveals. Oh wait there's also our favorite fox! My guess is it's going to be the story of how Lang got cursed based on the new female character revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duvh3viuHVQ

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Reminder that the movie is this friday for anyone lucky enough to see it! Also check out this funny/cool clip of a Thunderbolt Fantasy musical.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Movie was awesome, here are my thoughts:

1. Very happy Mu Tian Ming doesn't get shanked or sidelined, she was badass.

2. I hope she appears in S3 and doesn't get sidelined if she's part of the main cast.

3. TM Revolution is a magical girl! :swoon:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New characters looking good, the design of the guy with eyeliner/bags? amuses me since it stands out so much from the normal ones.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I'm excited for what appears to be (preview spoilers) the return of the best character, blue bard lady. Hopefully she's going to have a recurring role and not just be a one episode cameo because the main cast (especially the protagonists) needs more women, but her lack of presence in the opening leaves me pessimistic.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Ling Ya specifically said not to mention who sent them, so if there's any beef it's likely with Shang. Also suspecting that the blindfold means we are not going to see more blue bard action. :(

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

ElBrak posted:

If a dude is schooling your rear end and he asks you to bring out your nuke, you might not wanna bring that nuke out. Just saying.
Yes, that's basically what bard girl said to Shang during the fight right after the villain taunted him to bring out the index.

Turin Turambar posted:

And Lin totally attacked the Mask's weak point, he doesn't consider himself an evil villain, he is working for his country.
My understanding from that scene is that mask general is just playing along with Lin to avoid revealing that he doesn't trust him; after Lin and Xing Hai leave he admits that he is a "twisted lowlife" just like Lin.

The preview for the next episode look interesting, it suggests that we're going to meet more demons, possibly high ranking ones based on the episode title, so we might be getting some insight on demon politics.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I'm catching up on the last 4 eps and I didn't expect to get an eyeful of Xing Hai fanservice :eyepop: Just the entire idea of a fanservice scene using these dolls is hilarious and Lin giving her a massage had me cracking up during the entire thing.

Regarding the reveals from the latest episode:

I'm sure Lang and Azibelpher are going to have a wholesome Father's Day in next week's episode. :) Also this series really enjoys blinding women, huh.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

It definitely feels like Season 2 and Season 3 were intended to be a single storyline, but I assume it's really expensive to do puppet pyrotechnics as well as making a puppet for every new character, and budget concerns could have been an important factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Hello I am necroing this thread for two reasons:

1. Filming for season 4 began last month. Get hyped! :dance:

2. Pili made a World of Warcraft ad a while ago if you've ever wanted to see that in puppet form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOm6EHcAglM