Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
you missed more action.

but the walking and talking was great and you shouldn't have found it boring, and it's weird to say it but thudfan is actually a character-driven show with awesome wuxia action instead of an action-driven show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Lin is anything but pragmatic, and if he wanted Mie dead he could've just killed him - this would have actually been much easier than what he was trying to do.

He wanted Mie alive and humiliated - he wanted it so much he spent twelve whole episodes putting together a massive, complex scheme with no goal other than humiliating him. Not only did his scheme failed, but Mie also died meaning that he'd never get another chance.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
It's hard to imagine Lin suffering a more definitive loss because he doesn't seem to value anything except being smug and owning people. His only fear is failure, and he experienced that with Mie. He could die, I guess? but it doesn't seem likely.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
I think the talking instrument is great but it really annoys me how it actually has a mouth that opens and closes while everyone else (except rear end in a top hat Cop) just has that weird semi-detached lower lip. It took me all of S1 to stop noticing the fact that their mouths basically don't move at all when they speak and it's hard enough without a billion closeups of that wagging demon-head jaw to remind me of the contrast.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
I thought about it a bit and realised that I also like her, because she has, so far, displayed the same specific trait that I normally like the most in a hero: determination and pursuit of a goal despite hardship, personal suffering, and in particular despite a lack of inherent aptitude or power.

also in a show where everyone has cool hair, she has the second-coolest.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
It's just like how in some western fantasy settings there's a very vaguely described ubiquitous religion that's clearly equivalent in tone and social function to Christianity in medieval Europe (or at least, popular understanding of medieval Europe) and also has crucifix-shaped holy symbols and gothic cathedrals and priests who wear cassocks and is possibly literally called "the Church" or something similar.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are going to have to hurry the gently caress up since there are like 5 henchmen stones and their boss we still haven't even seen.

And we are already 4 episodes in

they're probably being saved for season 3. They'd be in the OP otherwise. (well, they'd be in the OP as puppets rather than stones)

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Okay, so, a) goddamnit.

b) Hahahahaha Hunting Fox's whole deal is amazingly petty. Like other than Lin, the guy is the best schemer in the show and yet his grand scheme has the goal of "find a fence to buy these stolen swords"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
I broke out into laughter like three separate times during the end scene: once when the old fortress master shows up with a bag of swords and I realised he was going to make Shang carry them, once when they said "well, he fell off a cliff, nobody could have survived that let's not bother checking" and once most of all when Lin was all like "Awww, it must be pretty hard carrying all those swords, if you wanted some help I'd be happy to carry ~~NIGHT OF MOURNING~~ for you. Just as a favor! I don't want it or anything".