Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Aw yeah, this is probably going to be my favourite show of the season. I just love all the details on the puppets, its amazing. Each episode of this must have taken a long time to make.

Also can't wait to see how Enigmatic Gale will screw over people this season, he's an amazing character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Holy hell this shot, amazing.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

So the sword is basicly heroin, one taste is enough. Welp indeed. Our Heroine with a Heroin Sword

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Great episode again.

also, can someone with gif powers make a gif of hunting fox pushing his glasses up at ~08:37 in the latest ep (thunderbolt fantasy s2e08), and his laugh at 10:49 to. Hunting Fox is just so Gif-able.

EDIT: already got one:

https://twitter.com/queuebae/status/1064519066164084738

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 19, 2018

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

So what did we learn?

Crazy monk was already so crazy that Aoi Yuuki sword had no effect.
Hunting Fox trying to up his scumbag game even more. He truly wishes to be the end boss.
Wanderer can even command men like a general. He is of course perfect in everything.
Dragons truly are chumps.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Man just catched up and hunting fox just got an offscreen death huh, thats a bit of a shame.

This whole season felt a bit like a gaiden, a side story. But the characters were great, with the princess of slaughter as the absolute best, and hunting fox as a decent 2nd. Shame that both of em ended up getting chumped by the mad monk in the end.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Necroposting time!

So recently netflix added Pili Fantasy: War of Dragons

https://www.netflix.com/title/81094893

I saw that and thought it looked a lot like Thunderbolt Fantasy, and it is, the same studio is doing the puppets. This is their original show that has been running in taiwan/china? for years and is apparently on season 73. The thing on netflix right now is Apparently a remake of season 6, supposedly one of their best seasons?

I watched 2 episodes and well the puppets and puppetry is amazing. It's the thunderbolt fantasy guys alright, they are really skilled.

But the story. Even 2 episodes in i hardly have any idea what is going on. What doesn't help is that you just get loredumped to hell and back. That and there are a lot of characters doing all sorts of things and i have no idea who they are. Nor do they seem that interesting.

Seeing all this makes me realise what gen urobuchi and co added to thunderbolt fantasy; quality writing and characters. I miss the antics of vape wizard. Also timing. These episodes are like 50 minutes long and thats to much.

If you really love thunderbolts puppetry you might want to check it out, it's on a netflix near you right now, maybe you will like it. I might just be an uncultured swine and should watch more episodes, please tell me if you think so.

What i guess isn't helping is that i think the actual main character of the series is dead and in the process of being revived. Maybe he is the character that makes the show but i have no idea and 2 hours in he is still dead.

Anyway it's a shame, i love the idea of more quality taiwanese puppet shows. There is no way this will be a success like Thunderbolt Fantasy was. They should have gone with a complete reboot or something new instead of just dropping the random netflix user in a remake of season 6.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Man i've missed hunting fox

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Aw yesssssss. Can't wait for Vape Wizard Antics Season 3

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

What the hell is going on there? It starts with a concert and then it turns into some sort of crossover thing? is what i saw from skipping through it.

Gonna need a translation on this i guess.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

gently caress yes! Can't wait. Love this series.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

So new season starts on 3 april , nice.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Episode 2 was amazing indeed. Looks like we are going Dimension hopping this season huh. I'm so up for that.

Also vape wizard continuing to be the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Demon witch lady found the Aoi Yuuki sword, and its apparently her sister? Looks like she gets released from the sword next week.