Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 13, 2006

The only things of Urobuchi I've seen are Madoka, Gaim, Psycho-Pass (didn't finish it, though), Gargantia and this show. And Chaos Dragon but I'm not sure that really counts and yeah, with the exception of Madoka women in his shows have no agency and are often basically just stock characters written straight. Even in Psycho-Pass where the main character was a woman. One of the reasons I dropped it was that she was presented mostly as vapid with no agency in what was going on in the plot. If that changed, I didn't find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 13, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

The production of this show is really amazing.

Even when I'm not enjoying the plot, the puppet work keeps me watching.

Potsticker
Jan 13, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like the plot too even if it mostly washes over me, there's something I like about how deliberate things feel, a lot of very specific talking and discussion that strikes me as realistic between people acting fairly human despite being quite powerful; almost like a D&D adventure party.

I feel like in general season 1 was really strong and I didn't care too much for season 2. This season I didn't really like the like-- first two episodes, but since then things have been generally more entertaining. Again, just considering the story. Puppetwork has been generally great the whole way through.