Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How have we reached a consensus internet opinion that ports that run better than the original, at 2 to 4 times the resolution, are bad ports.

It's just continuation of the argument from before the reveal that 3D All-Stars cannot exist and anyone claiming to know that it is real is lying. After the reveal it morphed into "it's limited, see there are just 10 copies made haha it's the same as not existing" which morphed into the current "the games are bad" also anyone getting it will just want to sell it but it doesn't matter because no-one will pay anything for it. It's a weird long grudge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bloomberg's new article says Nintendo is expected to release more games. But, what stood out was that Nintendo intends to release many games, and is planning to not stop after next year.

They also straight up confirm that the hardware guys are still working on hardware which feels a little unbelievable but it's big if true.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

not a bot posted:

It's just continuation of the argument from before the reveal that 3D All-Stars cannot exist and anyone claiming to know that it is real is lying. After the reveal it morphed into "it's limited, see there are just 10 copies made haha it's the same as not existing" which morphed into the current "the games are bad" also anyone getting it will just want to sell it but it doesn't matter because no-one will pay anything for it. It's a weird long grudge.

I'm just salty people got their Mario trilogy but leakers have been promising me a Metroid trilogy for what feels like years

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You can have...more games!?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mega64 posted:

You can have...more games!?

That goes directly against the leak that there were only 4 more too. Four isn't many!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Chronojam posted:

They also straight up confirm that the hardware guys are still working on hardware which feels a little unbelievable but it's big if true.
imagine a world where nintendo released joycons that didn't have awful drifting issues

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mass Effect 1 is among the best games of all time.
ME2 is among the most overrated games of all time.
ME3 is among the worst games of all time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

wtf

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DemoneeHo posted:

Any word if Sunshine changed the requirements for reaching and beating the final level? More specifically, instead of having to do all 7 Shadow Mario missions, you just need an arbitrary number of Shines to reach Corona Mountain?

there is a 0% chance of this happening

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You probably can't even skip cutscenes. I know it still pops up a save dialog box when you get a blue coin, instead of just doing it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

is there anywhere can I get some actual specific information on the quality of the All Stars ports that isn't just people making vague statements while taking passive-aggressive snipes at each other for being too loyal/not loyal enough to Nintendo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Augus posted:

is there anywhere can I get some actual specific information on the quality of the All Stars ports that isn't just people making vague statements while taking passive-aggressive snipes at each other for being too loyal/not loyal enough to Nintendo

No

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

cool

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Augus posted:

You can play them on the switch. What else matters?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Augus posted:

you can formulate a good opinion by buying and subsequently playing the games yourself

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

I'm guessing reviews will start to come out soon.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Augus posted:

I'll tell you tomorrow night

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

reviews are out already

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Augus posted:

I’ll let you know how cool and good or dumb and bad they are sometime this weekend

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can confirm that it’s a title published by Nintendo for the Switch.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I can confirm that it’s a title published by Nintendo for the Switch.

hell yeah day 1 buy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lot of reviews up:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/super-mario-3d-all-stars

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

donkey kong country isn't good, it was never good, you were just 12 and it had 3d looking graphics. donkey kong 3 and 64 have worse reputations because the people who seeded the internet's opinions about that era of games were old enough to realise they were playing some real poo poo by then

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dabir posted:

donkey kong country isn't good, it was never good, you were just 12 and it had 3d looking graphics. donkey kong 3 and 64 have worse reputations because the people who seeded the internet's opinions about that era of games were old enough to realise they were playing some real poo poo by then

wrong!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Mass Effect 1 is the best one

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dk64 is legit pretty fun but you gotta really love collecting poo poo

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

People deciding to get hyperbolic about DK 64 in recent years trying to claim it's bad is some bullshit revisionist history. It's a masterpiece and by god I won't stand for this anymore.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gumdrop Larry posted:

People deciding to get hyperbolic about DK 64 in recent years trying to claim it's bad is some bullshit revisionist history. It's a masterpiece and by god I won't stand for this anymore.

how does it feel like to stand on the wrong side of history?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only good parts about DK64 were the arcade machines where you could play Jetpack and the final boss where a big tittied chimpanzee cheered you on as you shot a rocket at a lizard man's ingrown toenail.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

There is no greater pleasure in life than multi colored bananas and various types of coins.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
If I'm not mistaken DK64 has the Donkey Kong arcade game hidden as a bonus, which is notable as one of the very few times the arcade game (not NES version) has been made available

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
I haven't played it myself but there's a romhack for DK64 that allows you to freely switch between all Kongs without needing to jump into the tag barrels over and over again.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4961/

I think this could make the game infinitely better.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

If I'm not mistaken DK64 has the Donkey Kong arcade game hidden as a bonus, which is notable as one of the very few times the arcade game (not NES version) has been made available

I think you're required to win the arcade game to progress, which pisses off a lot off people.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Dabir posted:

we're living up to the new thread title I see

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I've seen everyone one of those opinions attached to each one of those games at some time or another.

ME1 is extremely RPG heavy and tons of pregen stuff for any exploration missions. Planet travel in the mako(car) loving sucks. Overall pretty good and a ton of world building and lore detail went in to layer the foundation of the series.

ME2 is "Let's do Gears of War, but Sci-Fi" with the typical Bioware touches. DLC was significantly better then the base game, and the main story hit some high points despite some truly questionable design stuff (ex. Subject 0's bra belts, the fawning counselor character)

ME3 is everything to the extreme, this is a BIG DEAL EPIC game with a phenomenal multiplayer game. Got a river of poo poo for a pick 1 of 3 ending options rather then guided by previous player choice. DLC is much better then the base game, expands much more on the ending, and the Citadel DLC is basically a fun celebration of the franchise.

The whole point of the franchise from day 1 was "everything carries over" so even decisions in 1 have some line of text or a returning NPC. It's entirely likely that most people missed 3/4 of the "player choice" content because no one besides crazy people wanted to play all 3 games multiple times for different encounters.

Dragon Age fixed this by setting up a site where you could create a profile of choices in the first 2 games and import that world state into DA:I.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I played 1 and 2 a lot to try everything, but 3 killed my interest.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Dabir posted:

donkey kong 3 is fine and stanley the bugman should be in smash

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy poo poo goddamn, I completely forgot about ME3's multiplayer.

Bring it the gently caress on. Loved that poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played and enjoyed ME 1 and 2 on 360 but my imported character looked weird in 2 compared to 1 and inexplicably had an entirely different hairstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I think you're required to win the arcade game to progress, which pisses off a lot off people.
Yes, but the real bullshit is that when you finally beat it and get the banana, you find out that you have to beat it a second time on a harder difficulty to get the Nintendo Coin which you need to beat the game.