Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Pikachu talked in that one movie to tell Ash he wants to be with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Not knowing much about Pokemon, I can only assume that this makes perfect sense
https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1364920567514734593

It's a shame that Herman Cain isn't around to witness this

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1364923859326169089

Pokémon poo poo going down on the 26th

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Maybe I'm just a boomer but are face tats ever appealing? I get thats part of his brand but it just repulses me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't know what he's like or what his music is like, but Post Malone looks like what you'd get if you caught bathroom graffiti in a pokeball and then maybe evolved it once.

I've heard that he's a nice guy and that his hygiene is non-existent. He certainly looks like he doesn't know what the inside of a shower looks like. Also his music has way too much auto tune.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Walla posted:

I've heard that he's a nice guy and that his hygiene is non-existent. He certainly looks like he doesn't know what the inside of a shower looks like.

Post Malone confirmed goon

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Violet_Sky posted:

Maybe I'm just a boomer but are face tats ever appealing? I get thats part of his brand but it just repulses me.

i read about this maori politician in new zealand the other day whose whole personal style is insanely rad

can't really say the same about mr. malone's "stay away" eyebrow adornment but that's just me

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't know what he's like or what his music is like, but Post Malone looks like what you'd get if you caught bathroom graffiti in a pokeball and then maybe evolved it once.

He makes some very good music but yeah, I don't get the appeal of this look but he seems happy so it's none of my business.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He did that one Spider-verse song, he's good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Cool. I wasn't sure if it'd unlock any extra puzzles or not. I don't care for the Roulette, but the highlighted "You can do something here" is very nice and is helping me better understand standard formations.

Yeah if you're brand new to picross don't feel bad about using the blue numbers. They're a really useful learning tool. Eventually you'll feel more confident and can turn them off unless you get stuck and need a nudge.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Violet_Sky posted:

Post Malone confirmed goon

Post Alone

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weedle posted:

i read about this maori politician in new zealand the other day whose whole personal style is insanely rad

can't really say the same about mr. malone's "stay away" eyebrow adornment but that's just me

This dude is cool, his tattoos are significant to his personal beliefs, and his culture. Post Malone is a white dude that needed to see a therapist before getting any tattoos.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I loving love Picross and have really leveled up my ability over the past year (just 100%ed Mario's Super Picross on the SNES app last week) but there's no way I'm touching that newfangled stuff like Mega Picross or Color Picross. My brain is at capacity with regular puzzles.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mega Picross and Color Picross own. You're forever limiting the expansion of your mind by not giving them a try.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

I loving love Picross and have really leveled up my ability over the past year (just 100%ed Mario's Super Picross on the SNES app last week) but there's no way I'm touching that newfangled stuff like Mega Picross or Color Picross. My brain is at capacity with regular puzzles.

Color Picross rules.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

It's standard time though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Color Picross is also not really that much harder than normal Picross. The tutorial of its hint system is kind of baffling though, I play it with hints off and using the different colored temporary marks to work things out.

Mega Picross certainly is harder, but it just has its own tricks and patterns to learn like normal Picross.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yes they absolutely are. Only buy sandisk or samsung. Advice used to be make sure you were buying from Amazon direct and not third party sellers, but others say they mix the stock so they've still gotten duds, although personally I've not had any problems with the numerous sandisk cards I've bought. Don't bother with any of the official nintendo branded ones, and get a bigger one than you might think you need because space fills up fast. I just recently moved from my 200GB one to a 512GB one I got in a recent sale for ~€50.

Ok cool, good to know. Thanks! I was just thinking 256GB would be enough for me. Maybe I'll consider a 400+ card then, lol. I'll wait around for a Best Buy sale. :cheers:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't like Mega either. I just find it unintuitive and frustrating. Color is fine as long as the colors aren't too similar.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Mega picross sucks but color picross fuckin rules

I have so much picross left in the ones I own but I really want P5, hoping it goes on sale soon

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any way to get sound from a Switch to a wired USB headset? I have a Corsair headset and the output is USB. I google a lot but it's a lot of endless adaptors for wireless.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This is an entire line of monsters in Monster Rancher.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Ogmius815 posted:

It's standard time though.

I really wish companies would just use UTC on announcements instead of using the cutesy names and still getting it wrong anyway.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Pierson posted:

Is there any way to get sound from a Switch to a wired USB headset? I have a Corsair headset and the output is USB. I google a lot but it's a lot of endless adaptors for wireless.

Docked only, I reckon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mons Hubris posted:

Pikachu talked in that one movie to tell Ash he wants to be with him

And it made grown adults in the US loving furious

Lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My prediction:
Lots of Pokémon Snap gameplay footage shown.
Sword/Shield expansion pack information shown.
Let’s Go Pikachu/Eeve sequel set in the Gold/Silver gen. (Maybe diamond/pearl instead.)
Pokémon mystery dungeon sequel announced.
Pins/missions and other impossible to get poo poo announced that we’ll get up in arms about.
Detective Pikachu 2 movie announced.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

what if the presentation ends with a surprise botw2 trailer

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Beastie posted:

Docked only, I reckon.
Tried it, no joy. I'd rather not buy an expensive bluetooth adaptor but I don't think I have much choice in the end.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just want a new Picross 3D. For me that was the ultimate Picross.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey RocketPan, how are sales of the Switch versions of Turok compared to Xbox One / PC? I assume Switch would be noticeably higher but I'm curious. For me personally, growing up as a N64 kid, it felt...wrong to play those games on anything but a Nintendo console.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Apparently the Pokemon thing is only 20 minutes long, so we're probably just getting a bunch of dumb pop culture crossover stuff like Katy Perry Machamp perfume and Post Malone Gengar shoes and 3 minutes of Snap location previews.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

LuckyCat posted:

I just want a new Picross 3D. For me that was the ultimate Picross.

Try voxelgrams on the eshop

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

American McGay posted:

Apparently the Pokemon thing is only 20 minutes long, so we're probably just getting a bunch of dumb pop culture crossover stuff like Katy Perry Machamp perfume and Post Malone Gengar shoes and 3 minutes of Snap location previews.

I'd buy Gengar shoes, me, a 31 year old man.

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Pierson posted:

I was able to get Switch audio running to my PC with this adapter, and my wireless headset has a dongle that plugs into the USB-C port on the undocked Switch, so you might be able to throw one more USB-C male-to-USB female connector in the chain and do it that way. If you can wait a day for a definitive answer, I just ordered one such converter for the hell of it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Pierson posted:

If you're playing docked and near a PC, you can plug a 3.5mm cable into the headphone jack on the Switch and your PC's line-in jack, then in Windows set that input to playback through your headphones.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Bleck posted:

If you're playing docked and near a PC, you can plug a 3.5mm cable into the headphone jack on the Switch and your PC's line-in jack, then in Windows set that input to playback through your headphones.

This is what I do, except from my monitor's 3.5mm output back to the line-in so I don't need to unplug anything to undock. My monitor doesn't have built in speakers and the jack is unlabeled, but it's there and it works.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My wireless headset's transmitter has a line in (SteelSeries Arctis 7), which I've used for the Switch at my desk while chatting on Discord or whatever. I've also got a bluetooth receiver that my TV can connect to for the same purpose. Has a bit of lag, but oh well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

:wtc:

Was the original ever on the soundtrack to one of the Pokemon movies or something?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
"I want to be with you" is Pikachu's famously memed line of dialogue from one of the 13 Pokemon movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rageaholic posted:

:wtc:

Was the original ever on the soundtrack to one of the Pokemon movies or something?

nope.
the only real connection the song seems to have is that it's a 90's song and Pokemon was a 90's game I guess?
I assume it's gonna be played over a sappy pikachu montage during tomorrow's stream