Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Capcom says no to the Hunter as a spinoff character according to “people familiar with the matter” if you want to believe them. I’m not sure if I do completely but it makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Making a MonHun character would have been much easier if they took the Byleth framework and made an interesting character insted.

My hope is that we get a beefy Palico Chef instead. Make one of the skins the weird design from the godawful live-action movie.
A palico was always my thought for MoHun rep since Marvel got a Monster Hunter, and Palicos feel more like a mascot character that'd really fit in with the Nintendo characters. I also feel like all the odd gadgets and assist stuff they do would really work with a Smash moveset.

But with the felyne hat being added as a mii costume piece, it feels fairly ruled out?
e:

hatty posted:

Capcom says no to the Hunter as a spinoff character according to “people familiar with the matter” if you want to believe them. I’m not sure if I do completely but it makes sense
That seems odd given MVC:I straight up had "Monster Hunter"?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm not sure if I really buy the whole "Byleth used to be a MonHun character" theory since they would have had to cook up all the other parts of that DLC relatively quickly, such as the stage and whatnot if that was the case.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

okay so they wouldn't put in your guy, but they could put in the [Adjective] Hunters who hang out around base and during cutscenes

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

Making a MonHun character would have been much easier if they took the Byleth framework and made an interesting character insted.

My hope is that we get a beefy Palico Chef instead. Make one of the skins the weird design from the godawful live-action movie.

The movie was not godawful, it was a fine lazy Saturday movie

Source: godawful movies are my hobby and that was passably okay

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
If they want to make a Monster Hunter Smash character they should just use the one they already have an amiibo for:

Bonus points if they implement the monster he's riding, too.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

That seems odd given MVC:I straight up had "Monster Hunter"?

Story goes that the mvc team went behind the Mon Hun teams back and did it against their wishes/without them knowing. I'm probably misremembering a bit.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

D1E posted:

Uhh... what would even be the point of 4K output if it's using the same CPU/GPU/RAM?

Playing games at 4K 10fps?

I imagine it's just an upgrade to the dock that lets it upscale. That'd be easy enough to pull off

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I imagine it's just an upgrade to the dock that lets it upscale. That'd be easy enough to pull off

lmao.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

they can't make anything that would make older games obsolete but it would be nice if it just ran a little faster so certain games wouldn't have hitches

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I hope it has built in joycons like the lite but also you can attach joycons if you wish.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

elf help book posted:

I hope it has built in joycons like the lite but also you can attach joycons if you wish.

But on the top and bottom so you can play in portrait.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bull3964 posted:

But on the top and bottom so you can play in portrait.

I hope it still fits in my flipgrip

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I want a switch micro. Pocket switch. Wallet sized. Can't read the text get some glasses bitch.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

I want a switch micro. Pocket switch. Wallet sized. Can't read the text get some glasses bitch.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Story goes that the mvc team went behind the Mon Hun teams back and did it against their wishes/without them knowing. I'm probably misremembering a bit.

lol how the gently caress could they get away with that

Weedle
May 31, 2006

seems a lot more likely that the monster hunter people just changed their minds

e: or the dlc-focused strategy for infinite meant that the brass was like "we're putting all the characters we have in there and i don't want to hear any loving complaining"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I appreciate it when remakes keep the pixel art instead of doing some weird HD art mashup that looks like poo.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1367508822990884867

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

I appreciate it when remakes keep the pixel art instead of doing some weird HD art mashup that looks like poo.

That looks sick, Pocky and Rocky rules. Natsume also did the similarly cool Wild Guns and Ninja Warriors remakes

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

American McGay posted:

Woah, a 16 bit remaster that doesn't look like absolute garbage? I might buy it just on that alone.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I don't remember much about Pocky & Rocky except it being absurdly hard, even with two players.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

DLC Inc posted:

lol how the gently caress could they get away with that

Capcom owns Monster Hunter and can do what they want with it. It's just good praxis to be like "Hey guys, we wanna do this" and get blessings before you start pissing off your dev teams.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Weedle posted:

seems a lot more likely that the monster hunter people just changed their minds

e: or the dlc-focused strategy for infinite meant that the brass was like "we're putting all the characters we have in there and i don't want to hear any loving complaining"

the monster hunter team also turned down having a generic hunter be in MvC3 so idk
could also be that they were just talked into it by management that was desperate to make MvC:I a success and they now regret agreeing to it. there's probably a lot of things Capcom has to regret about Infinite.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Relevant Tangent posted:

Use that NFC trick and put all your Amiibos on paper proxies.

But then how will I bask in the glory of my poor decisions?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sakurai coming out as a foot fetishist wasn't something I expected

Also lol at the anime swordsman having a counter, again

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grapplejack posted:

It's really not a "counter" in that sense at all

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

This character has been getting Sakurai way too flustered and excited, it will be best for involved when we move on to the next DLC

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1367515942285148163

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Bloop posted:

It's really not a "counter" in that sense at all

Yeah, one of them just has a Witch Time/Bat Within effect on their dodges and rolls.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
it's not really a counter, it's significantly better than a counter

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Where is Braid remaster?

When is Braid remaster?

Why is Braid remaster not here yet?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

So I guess Nintendo's little game of limited window availability is going to work and I'm gonna pick up 3d all stars asap. Are there any other titles going away for no reason?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you want a game you should buy it. If you don't want a game you shouldn't buy it. Hope this helps.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Well I would have eventually, I just don't need it right now, and I could have gotten other things. :bahgawd:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

TheWorldsaStage posted:

So I guess Nintendo's little game of limited window availability is going to work and I'm gonna pick up 3d all stars asap. Are there any other titles going away for no reason?

The very old Fire Emblem rerelease is the other one that's limited time. If you have no nostalgia for it and don't think you'll be interested in playing a NES era Fire Emblem game then you can skip it probably.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Well I would have eventually, I just don't need it right now, and I could have gotten other things. :bahgawd:
You should have gotten other things.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i’m betting on them making galaxy available some other way after they take down all-stars.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Where is Braid remaster?

When is Braid remaster?

what would even be remastered? it still looks good

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they could make that one cloud move even slower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

Where is Braid remaster?

When is Braid remaster?

Soulja Boy put a stop to it