Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

If you want a game you should buy it. If you don't want a game you shouldn't buy it. Hope this helps.

Wait, I'm confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

DLC Inc posted:

what would even be remastered? it still looks good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

remove all text

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

DLC Inc posted:

IIRC the original was limited to 720p because that's what the artwork was rendered at, so they're redrawing it all.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Limited Run Games is doing a standard and super fancy special edition run for No More Heroes 1 and 2.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Been considering getting a second Switch so I can turn my launch one into a portable emulation machine. This at least gives me an excuse to wait.

Hahaha like I’ll actually find that one, the regular model’s still always sold out whenever I stroll by places. Oh well, no rush.

Yeah, I could go for a Switch Pro. My launch one is doing fine, but I play handheld much more and a better battery would make me happy. As long as the dimensions are the same I'd be happy, I like the Switch but it's pretty much on the edge of comfortable enough to hold. I feel like if it were bigger it'd be unwieldy.

But talking about hacking it, I know mine is hackable... and that's super tempting. Where's the thread on that because 1) I'd like to know what would be possible and 2) if it's possible to do with a dumb macbook air or is this all Windows stuff, because then I'm poo poo out of luck.

Also if you're transferring your data from one Switch to another, it's as simple as removing your SD card and just re-downloading the new games right?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

$70 per collector's edition.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

According to today's halfhour nontendo direct, some of which has already been posted here, Blaster Master 0 is getting a final entry in the trilogy and it looks like the gimmick might involve switching between parallel dimensions mid-level? It's hard to tell from what's been shown but it looks like fun.

Lots of Switch games announced so I'm wondering why the Switch Pro Again For Real is the topic du jure

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Chronojam posted:

Lots of Switch games announced so I'm wondering why the Switch Pro Again For Real is the topic du jure

it always is

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

yes yes but where

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Chronojam posted:

Well you see, the Switch Pro news is from 20 hours ago, whereas the new Switch games news is from 20 minutes ago.

That's why there are most posts about the former. Hope that helps.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

You'll find that discussing the Switch Pro, news from the week before Switch launched, never helps.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Chronojam posted:

According to today's halfhour nontendo direct, some of which has already been posted here, Blaster Master 0 is getting a final entry in the trilogy and it looks like the gimmick might involve switching between parallel dimensions mid-level? It's hard to tell from what's been shown but it looks like fun.

Link to this? I'd like to watch it if possible.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh hey! Blaster Master 3! that sounds cool. I didnt play the previous two but I've been quite curious.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bog3dFx4WdQ

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I feel like this hasn't gotten adequate attention in the thread: :siren:Bravely Default II has a card game.:siren:

It's also kind of a board game. It's like if they slapped the thematic elements of Yu-Gi-Oh atop the mechanics of Go.

Yu-Gi-Go.

Muk Dumpster posted:

Just get an unpatched switch or get a modchip for the current ones and overclock, there's your pro with a slightly smaller screen

Hold it closer to your face and the screen gets bigger!

That brings me back to my high school days. Where I was doing the exact same thing but with Star Wars references in fansubs. Good times.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They should put Morrowind on The Switch and they should just put like 3 GB of random add ons along with it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hammer Bro. posted:

I feel like this hasn't gotten adequate attention in the thread: :siren:Bravely Default II has a card game.:siren:

It's also kind of a board game. It's like if they slapped the thematic elements of Yu-Gi-Oh atop the mechanics of Go.

Yu-Gi-Go.

The aesthetic reminded me of Dungeon Dice Monsters actually. I just want to be about to walk around on my squares.

And so far none of the cards have text longer than a side of A4 so it's nothing like Yu Gi Oh.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zurtilik posted:

They should put Morrowind on The Switch and they should just put like 3 GB of random add ons along with it.

Holy poo poo I would be so down for this.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh hey! Blaster Master 3! that sounds cool. I didnt play the previous two but I've been quite curious.

They're fun games and not pricey either, check them out.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Good start but what I REALLY need is La Pucelle Tactics.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

xedo posted:

Good start but what I REALLY need is La Pucelle Tactics.

Does Mastiff or whoever has them now still have the publishing rights to that?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'm playing Street Fighter 2 on the Capcom Arcade Stadium, and the AI is brutal, even on the lowest difficulty. I know fighting game AI is bullshit but I figured this would happen with M Bison, not Dee Jay. Was it always this bad or am I just trash?

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm playing Street Fighter 2 on the Capcom Arcade Stadium, and the AI is brutal, even on the lowest difficulty. I know fighting game AI is bullshit but I figured this would happen with M Bison, not Dee Jay. Was it always this bad or am I just trash?

Every third fight on the arcade versions is a ‘more money please’ fight.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zurtilik posted:

Morrowind: All Cliffracers Edition

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Does Mastiff or whoever has them now still have the publishing rights to that?

Ah, is there a weird publishing situation involved? That's always a shame.

I know La Pucelle got a psn rerelease during the ps3 era, I had hoped a port would be feasible.

Zellus
Apr 3, 2010

Incompetence surrounds me!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The US release of Super Turbo cranked the AI difficulty to an absurd degree to get more quarters. Switch to the Japanese rom for a far less frustrating time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wamdoodle posted:

Morrowind: Oops! All Cliffracers Edition

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mario is safe
https://twitter.com/CharlesMartinet/status/1367598922399551493?s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat that lettuce Chuck. I'm jealous.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

I want to protect Charles Martinet at all costs

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

xedo posted:

Ah, is there a weird publishing situation involved? That's always a shame.

I know La Pucelle got a psn rerelease during the ps3 era, I had hoped a port would be feasible.

Mastiff apparently still exists and lists La Pucelle on their website. They are also the publishers for FIGHT CRAB, so there's a possibility that if enough people want it, they and NIS could work something about.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Really want to play faeria but constant internet connection required? No thx

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al-Saqr posted:

The first one frequently goes on sale for like 4 or 5 bucks. Get it then. 2 isn’t as good but still good so get that one next if you enjoyed 1.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Was there some other stealth announcement? I checked Nintendo's YouTube channel and don't see any new game updates. How was Blaster Master Zero 3 advertised?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
It was announced at the New Game+ Expo.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

they should make a morrowind roguelike, where every 5 - 10 minutes instead of receiving a random item, a random mod is installed.

Edit: COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT TM TM TM

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't care about anything anymore until Tony hawk gets a street date

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I don't care about anything anymore until Tony hawk gets a street date

I don’t think he needs one, he’s married

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU