Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
lol what in the world

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1438850371112390662?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

robot roll call posted:

I've got a lot of nostalgia for playing through Castlevania Circle of the Moon on the original model GBA. Tape one of these bad boys to your Switch for the ultimate authentic experience:

Seriously, this thing was mandatory, you could not see this game even sitting directly under a lamp.

Get an SP, nerd.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

WHY BONER NOW posted:

lol what in the world

Not the weirdest thing they've done

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah, Rush seemed to be the most obvious thing they'd put in as soon as they announced dogs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

this your first monster hunter?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Just came here to say that I absolutely hate the way Spawn Wave talks, man. I know he covers gaming overall, but I just watched something Switch oriented. He talks like he was given someone else's Powerpoint to present and he's not sure if they have accurate info in it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

LODGE NORTH posted:

Just came here to say that I absolutely hate the way Spawn Wave talks, man. I know he covers gaming overall, but I just watched something Switch oriented. He talks like he was given someone else's Powerpoint to present and he's not sure if they have accurate info in it.

Could be worse.

Could be RGT85 or whatever his name is.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Anyone else having problems buying Dojoran?
Just gives me an error code after I put in my password.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dojoran-switch/

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Vikar Jerome posted:

this your first monster hunter?

I've only played the Rise demo and a bit of the 3ds one, I had no idea they do zany stuff like this. Pretty cool if you ask me (a person who doesn't play the games)!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

robot roll call posted:

I've got a lot of nostalgia for playing through Castlevania Circle of the Moon on the original model GBA. Tape one of these bad boys to your Switch for the ultimate authentic experience:

Seriously, this thing was mandatory, you could not see this game even sitting directly under a lamp.
The best was when you combined a worm light with a pass-through with a regular worm light for DOUBLE LIGHT ACTION and MAXIMUM BATTERY DRAIN

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LODGE NORTH posted:

He's by far the worst of all the daily rumor/news people and I hatewatch it every drat morning.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flavor.flv posted:

Not the weirdest thing they've done

Is that a crossing guard from Phoenix Wright?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LODGE NORTH posted:

He’s awful

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

rt4 posted:

Is that a crossing guard from Phoenix Wright?

That is Maya Fey wielding the Blue Badger from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Umbra Dubium posted:

Speaking of metroidvanias, which instalment of Shantae should I start with if I don't fancy a picking up a Gameboy Color game in this day and age?

(I jest, I love my Gameboy Color.)
I enjoyed both Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero, but those are the only two I've actually played, so...

robot roll call posted:

And then Dissonance over-corrected.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 17, 2021

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Umbra Dubium posted:

Speaking of metroidvanias, which instalment of Shantae should I start with if I don't fancy a picking up a Gameboy Color game in this day and age?

(I jest, I love my Gameboy Color.)

flavor.flv posted:

Seven Sirens is the best one and also the most metroidvania

Pungry posted:

Pirate's Curse and Seven Sirens are the only real Metroidvanias of the new Shantae games. Half-Genie Hero is closer to Mega Man X and is fine, but I prefer Pirate's Curse and Seven Sirens.

this.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Well I was enjoying Eastward, but if the first boss is a sign of how the bosses are in this game then I'm going to bounce off this game hard.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

He's by far the worst of all the daily rumor/news people and I hatewatch it every drat morning.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

I keep seeing these thumbnails and it's like why does Youtube keep telling me to watch the same video every day.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
One of my palico buddies in MHGU is wearing Wind Waker Link's face with Amaterasu's body from Okami and wielding Sailor Moon's Moon Rod, Rush from Mega Man seems pretty boring compared to that.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Back in the day people would send their first-gen GBA's to a guy who installed custom backlighting.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Tender Bender posted:

Back in the day people would send their first-gen GBA's to a guy who installed custom backlighting.
RIP Portablemonopoly/TritonLabs, singlehandedly forced Nintendo to make the GBA SP

"September 18,2001 - posted by Adam Curtis

Hello everyone, today has been a very interesting day for a couple of reasons. First of all, I have received some email expressing concern for my long post regarding Tuesday's tragedy in the US. I do agree that the PM Web site is not the most appropriate place for such commentary. On the other hand, in the interest of promoting rational thought and stability to what limited extend I could, I decided to make the post. Maybe the NFL commissioner read my post and changed his mind about having football this weekend! (Yeah, right..)

Secondly, I have received a multitude of emails about the possible release of a "Game Boy Advance 2". You can read about this here.

I will personally treat this story with a grain of salt. While I would be very pleased to see such a move by Nintendo, the "proof" offered by jeuxstart.com appear to be the mere wet dreams of a few video game store clerks. Have you ever talked to these people? If so you know why not to listen to a word most of them say... I'm going to leave it at that.

I hope I am wrong, however. It would be great to see those 2500 signatures on the petition make a difference so soon!

Finally, I got the dual-LED frontlight today from UPS. It had been delayed a few days due to flight groundings last week. I am working on designing an optimal power circuit for the two LED's, when I get everything set up I will take some pictures and get them online ASAP. I am optimistic, but only time will tell how well this particular frontlight works!
Are you lost? Have no idea of what we're talking about? Click on any of the past developments to learn more:

June 20 - September 17, 2001: Looking for a frontlight + other comments

June 19, 2001: Our first real breakthrough: an optical guide has been found.

June 18, 2001: A mini-FAQ regarding our project.

June 17, 2001: After talking to various Sharp employees, we learn more about the LCD on the Game Boy Advance and formulate the only possible internal lighting solution.

June 16, 2001: We decide to research the implications of lighting the system internally.

June 15, 2001: PortableMonopoly.com begins its crusade against Nintendo's poor choices in product design and misleading advertisement."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Was his post about the events of September 11th as racist as I think it was?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

The United States posted:

RIP Portablemonopoly/TritonLabs, singlehandedly forced Nintendo to make the GBA SP
I bought drat near every light accessory for the GBA, including a very bright (but super battery draining) CCFL from Lik Sang. I was day-one on the Afterburner and loved it even though the installation method guarantees you got permanent lit up specs of dust. Then I was day-one on the GBA SP because of course I was.

Last year I removed the afterburner from my GBA to install the Funnyplaying IPS LCD. It still worked, and the same dust was there too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The GBA SP must have been that guy's personal 9/11.

It's crazy how the GB/A modding scene has exploded in recent years. When I started modding Gameboys two or three years ago, there was no way of doing a proper backlight for GBC, and now there's a few different IPS options available.

I'm currently rocking the gorgeous GBA SP Unhinged.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's crazy how the GB/A modding scene has exploded in recent years. When I started modding Gameboys two or three years ago, there was no way of doing a proper backlight for GBC, and now there's a few different IPS options available.

But the clamshell is the best part

At least the screen is nice and you've got Earthbound

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Clamshells are great but they're a notorious point of failure and a pain in the dick to do any modding or maintenance work with.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yeah I know, those things can't last forever

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why wouldlnt u just mod the normal gba if youre getting rid of the clamshell lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Detective No. 27 posted:

Disgusting. Don't ever post pics like this unspoilered again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah im going ot put the gba with a lit screen in a flat version so it doesnt fold up anymore and also its vertical - patrick bateman

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Stux posted:

why wouldlnt u just mod the normal gba if youre getting rid of the clamshell lol

The form factor reminded me of the GameBoy Pocket. And I've modded an original GBA (poorly).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Stux posted:

yeah im going ot put the gba with a lit screen in a flat version so it doesnt fold up anymore and also its vertical - patrick bateman

Patrick Bateman would have been a TurboExpress guy.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Look at that subtle off-silver coloring. The tasteful verticalness of it. Oh my God, it even has a backlight.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Unforgivable.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

That is awesome

I want someone to completely redo the actual SP. clamshell case in aluminum and a nice IPS screen

E: oh I see we’ve already discussed that. I stand by my wants and needs :colbert:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The game being flush against the thin screen is actually certified Fresh

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I looked at the unhinged case a while ago and it doesn’t fit the original screen. would be interested if I could put an AGS101 screen in there I don’t like the IPS replacement

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Look at that subtle off-silver coloring. The tasteful verticalness of it. Oh my God, it even has a backlight.
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
As someone who can't remember how the physics were in Monkey Target in the original Super Monkey Ball, does it still look all right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t2flIEfV6s