Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beer gas canister posted:

I can play Doom, Link's Awakening, Spelunky 2, Slay the Spire, and THPS, all on the same console, on the shitter.

that’s one long poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Switch OLED (one long extended defecation)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Fun Times! posted:

Taking bets on whether I wake up tomorrow and find this as the thread title.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fun Times! posted:

In my case it's One Long Extended Delay til the post office tracks down the container with mine in it :sigh:.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
That's a bummer. I hope they bring it to you soon or at least give you back your money.

There are often a few brick and mortar stores (ie, Target, GameStop, Walmart) that don't advertise openly about having them if the postal route flakes out.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that’s one long poo poo

Turn your OLED on

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aerofallosov posted:

That's a bummer. I hope they bring it to you soon or at least give you back your money.

There are often a few brick and mortar stores (ie, Target, GameStop, Walmart) that don't advertise openly about having them if the postal route flakes out.

Gotta wait a few weeks for it to be declared as "lost" first before EB Games will replace or reimburse it. I've spoken to someone with AusPost and they know where it SHOULD be, there's just a massive backlog because of COVID safety requirements. Unfortunately it took a detour through Sydney for processing, and that's a black hole for AusPost right now.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Understandable. I hope it turns up soon. Are these consoles region locked?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aerofallosov posted:

Understandable. I hope it turns up soon. Are these consoles region locked?

No, though developers can region lock their games on an individual basis if they want. I don't think any actually have.

Your online account may be region locked in certain cases. Like for example if you have Mario Party Superstars North American cartridge, and you have a subscription to Nintendo switch online in Europe, that subscription won't actually work for the online modes. That kind of thing mainly only gives any hassle to people with early review copies.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

b_d posted:

tall page.

really weird that the record number of dislikes was less than 100k before. that must be underreported. maybe they only count 10% of dislikes because they were making people feel bad or something like that.

Nah, it's more that people on average like Nintendo more, and NSO isn't actually that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Now, 140k dislikes is still baby talk, look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQT-O1nMSBU&t=1s

260k+ dislikes. Now we're talking! By internet logic, you'd expect GTA V to be a failure, but:

Wikipedia posted:

Extensively marketed and widely anticipated, the game broke industry sales records and became the fastest-selling entertainment product in history, earning $800 million in its first day and $1 billion in its first three days.

Well poo poo, I guess the more dislikes you have, the more you sell. Nintendo, take notice! Add Gameboy-titles and raise the NSO-price 3x! Collect those hate-likes! :lol:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'd like to get an RPG on the Switch but I've not really played any before. I have Digimon: Cyber Sleuth and it was a lot of fun until I put it down for a month and the game becomes nearly impossible to pick back up because it's hard to figure out which part of the story you've made it to without going back and retracting every single step in an FAQ until you find the one NPC in a random hub to progress the story again

I've got passing interest in FFX and Xenoblade Chronicles but any suggestions are fine. I tried googling but every website is just a bunch of listicles in no particular order

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dragon Quest 11.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tampa Bae posted:

I'd like to get an RPG on the Switch but I've not really played any before. I have Digimon: Cyber Sleuth and it was a lot of fun until I put it down for a month and the game becomes nearly impossible to pick back up because it's hard to figure out which part of the story you've made it to without going back and retracting every single step in an FAQ until you find the one NPC in a random hub to progress the story again

I've got passing interest in FFX and Xenoblade Chronicles but any suggestions are fine. I tried googling but every website is just a bunch of listicles in no particular order

Dragon Quest 11 was my goty a couple years back, it's the JRPG standard that pretty much invented the genre

Shin megami tensei V comes out soon too, it's like Pokemon only with actual demons and probably harder

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have never clicked dislike on any YouTube video. I've only ever clicked like on a video to easily find it later

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I have never clicked dislike on any YouTube video. I've only ever clicked like on a video to easily find it later
:same:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Libluini posted:

Now, 140k dislikes is still baby talk, look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQT-O1nMSBU&t=1s

260k+ dislikes. Now we're talking! By internet logic, you'd expect GTA V to be a failure, but:

Well poo poo, I guess the more dislikes you have, the more you sell. Nintendo, take notice! Add Gameboy-titles and raise the NSO-price 3x! Collect those hate-likes! :lol:

That's them announcing it being ported to another new generation of consoles instead of just making a new one, prior sales have nothing to do with it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I remember doing this, 10+ years ago. Nowadays sadly that stopped working since I often just click on everything that interests me even remotely, which creates too much chaff to walk through to find the few hidden gems I really do want to see again.

So I'm now forced to sort favorites into multiple different folders or I'll never see them again around my 1000+ liked videos.

Butterfly Valley posted:

That's them announcing it being ported to another new generation of consoles instead of just making a new one, prior sales have nothing to do with it.

It's always nice seeing someone immediately getting what a useless joke of a metric dislikes are, we're 100% in agreement here.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I hate YouTube.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i hate the ads you have to watch on youtube if you don't subscribe to their premium plan, especially those annoying as gently caress google nest ads

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I guess I don't hate YouTube on the concept of it being a place that hosts videos. But it is so loving ubiquitous and it gives platform to so many annoying fuckwits and then since there's money to be made there's tons of incentive to advertise these fuckwits and then I have to see their dumb faces in all these gaming threads. I don't want to know who Asmongold is, drat it.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I'll watch some videos on Dragon Quest 11, not in a rush to pick anything out today. Gamestop lists the Switch pre-owned at $44 while the X-Box and PS4 versions are under $20 though lol

Nintendo why

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Nintendo appeals to hoarders!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Willo567 posted:

i hate the ads you have to watch on youtube if you don't subscribe to their premium plan, especially those annoying as gently caress google nest ads

If you're on Android, get Youtube Vanced. Problem solved.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

It's a good game. If you have a PC that can run it is on GamePass.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Zurtilik posted:

I hate YouTube.

Nah its pretty much the best thing ever

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Tampa Bae posted:

I'll watch some videos on Dragon Quest 11, not in a rush to pick anything out today. Gamestop lists the Switch pre-owned at $44 while the X-Box and PS4 versions are under $20 though lol

Nintendo why

Are you looking at the original release or 11S? You want 11S, it's an expanded re-release with extra content and a soundtrack that isn't midi trash.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Yeah, make sure to get that one! It's also got the wacky 2D mode if for some reason you get bored of 3D. I'm half tempted to play 2D mode on my Xbox.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Artix posted:

Are you looking at the original release or 11S? You want 11S, it's an expanded re-release with extra content and a soundtrack that isn't midi trash.
There's only one version on the Switch so yeah 11S, nintendo prices never go down even used

I can get it on Game Pass but the idea was a long game I can play at work in downtime and that doesnt work on a console

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

Nintendo why

I think there's still a demo on the eShop. It's like the first 10 hours of the game or something and you can pick up right where you left off if/when you buy the game.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Tampa Bae posted:

There's only one version on the Switch so yeah 11S, nintendo prices never go down even used

I can get it on Game Pass but the idea was a long game I can play at work in downtime and that doesnt work on a console

Fair enough! Maybe you can snag a retail or digital deal sometime soon, it is closing in on Black Friday/Christmas time.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

The Postman posted:

I think there's still a demo on the eShop. It's like the first 10 hours of the game or something and you can pick up right where you left off if/when you buy the game.
That works for me then, I'll be busy for the next two weeks with work but by the time I get to sit down and really play it maybe it'll be on sale for Black Friday

Zurtilik posted:

Yeah, make sure to get that one! It's also got the wacky 2D mode if for some reason you get bored of 3D. I'm half tempted to play 2D mode on my Xbox.
I saw that in a review and if you can switch between them at-will it'd be a great way to change the game up a little and preventing burnout while still progressing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

shin megami tensei three nocturne is better than any other jrpg on the system until smt5 releases and perhaps after then too

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zurtilik posted:

the 2D mode has random encounters, not a fan

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

has anyone ever put a resident evil chainsaw controller in their rear end

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

If you have NSO there's the two Breath of Fire's on the SNES. If you have the NSO expansion there's Phantasy Star IV and Shining Force as well. Though with retro JRPGs come retro issues!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I think playing that demo is a good idea too. Because I love DQ11, but I feel there's a certain corniness to it that could understandably make people bounce off of it. Ni No Kuni is on mega sale a lot and goes for pretty cheap used. I enjoyed the bit I played, but I shelved it because I have 1,000 other games I need to play still.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
got my n64 controller in the mail and started playing Mario party 1 and i wore a glove because i instinctively knew that it would hurt my hand but it's very hard to press buttons in mittens

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Augus posted:

has anyone ever put a resident evil chainsaw controller in their rear end

Yes why?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

shin megami tensei three nocturne is better than any other jrpg on the system until smt5 releases and perhaps after then too

is it actually better than xenoblade chronicles? bc i remember that being really good and smt3 looks extremely grindy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if you find yourself grinding in smt3 youve done something terribly wrong and have misunderstood the basic mechanicsi of the game.