Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The only game i'm really looking forward to right now on Switch is Smash Brothers Ultimate. My go to Switch games currently have been Lumines, and Fortnite, but I should really be playing more Splatoon 2.

I'm looking forward to the surprise release of advance wars 5, it's def gonna happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Heath posted:

Just ordered one of those 8bitdo SNES controllers. Finally I can play Mega Man X with a proper controller the way God intended

When you have it and have played with it for a while, can you do a post about how it is to play with? I'm thinking of getting one or two as well and thinking/hoping that these will be better to work with than joycons with smash and whenever nsmb shows up.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm looking forward to the surprise release of advance wars 5, it's def gonna happen

Right after the surprise release of the new Mother game

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1046835969910030338

Get ready for Monpoké - may or may not have something to do with Pokémon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I feel this image's potential is underutilised.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Monster pockets, it's a surprise Pokemon/hot pockets tie-in

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
Been playing cities skylines on my switch, been having a blast. I came into it expecting not to be playing it at the extreme rates my computer can handle it and it is a fun city builder regardless of the poo poo up close textures. After running several cities into the ground I finally have an income and am working toward my first districts. I would reccomend this game for anyone looking to get their city building sim on, as long as you can tolerate the frame rate dips and crap graphics if you zoom in and fly around. Any tips for this game would be appreciated. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to setup public transportation. At least weed is legal in my city. :2bong:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

As Nero Danced posted:

When you have it and have played with it for a while, can you do a post about how it is to play with? I'm thinking of getting one or two as well and thinking/hoping that these will be better to work with than joycons with smash and whenever nsmb shows up.

They are good, though I haven't used them for something like a fighter so I can't really speak to that. They feel good in the hands and the smaller triggers arent too much of an issue though they are super clacky if you dont like that kind of thing. Also the direction marks on the dpad will rub the poo poo out of your thumbs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Added to the OP, a recommended social media follows section

Recommended Social Media Follows
GameXplain GameXplain covers all Nintendo news. If there is any new trailer, news, or credible rumors, they will quickly have a video up on it, as well as comprehensive analysis, previews, and reviews. Yes the one guy has a voice that's a little hard to understand sometimes. He had partial hearing loss, cut him some slack
Nintendo World Report more Nintendo news and reviews, their guys tend to be older, more jaded, and more rambling. The main reason I link them is they do more reviews.
Nintendo Voice Chat Weekly IGN podcast on Nintendo, a fairly good news round up with quick review summaries, eShop summary for the week, and interviews
Cornshaq This guy's main gimmick is he reviews about five games a week. These are mostly PS4 versions of games, and usually the cheapo indie games you would never think of playing. But most of these games also have Switch versions, and no one else reviews them, so if you have a spare $5 and are wondering if that game from someone you never heard of but looks kind of interesting is worth your time, his reviews are quite nice.
Wario64 Any time any game goes on sale, or something that's limited in quantity goes up on Amazon, this guy is on it. Keep him in your Twitter feed and you'll see all the latest sales and deals.
Mat Piscatella expert on NPD can tell you exactly how things are selling and has great analysis, knows which way the industry is moving
Supper Mario Broth funny Mario trivia
Zhuge Like Mat Piscatella except for the southeast Asian market. Knows a ton about emerging markets and mobile games
David Gibson Expert on Japan gaming market, often covers Nintendo investors meetings live
Dr Serkan Toto Another expert analyst in the Japanese gaming market, well worth a follow
Nintendo A small hanafuda company. Invented the ultra hand toy for grabbing things from a distance

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 2, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

Monster pockets, it's a surprise Pokemon/hot pockets tie-in

If AssCreed can have pizza rolls, no reason Pokemon can't have hot pockets!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

All your favourite Monpokes like Snake, Kobra, and Eevee.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

it's going to be a chain of poke restaurants. they are very popular right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_(Hawaiian_dish)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

American McGay posted:

lol if you think the Switch version of this is coming out anytime in the next 2 years.

Hell did Heroes 2 ever come out on switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Added Ethernet adapter and OTG cable to OP accessories list

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Super Mario Party, Warriors Orochi 4, and Diablo III coming out soon is going to make my walllet cry.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Read that as Wario and then got sad

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Calaveron posted:

Hell did Heroes 2 ever come out on switch

It was a launch title.. In Japan. The Heroes 1&2 Switch pack never made it across the ocean.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Over There posted:

Read that as Wario and then got sad

Getting something like WarioWare: Mega Party Games on the Switch would be all kinds of fun.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you don't care about translation, you can buy it from the Japanese eShop.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
wait cornshaq is still alive???

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is he a person of some infamy? I only discovered him a short while ago because he has a ton of longplays where he never swears and my kid likes to watch let's plays. He seems to only do reviews now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Look up the cornshaq retsupurae

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

it's going to be a chain of poke restaurants. they are very popular right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_(Hawaiian_dish)

You're kidding but they've had a bunch of different types of poke bowls at Aldi recently and they own.

I would be 100% down with a chain of Pokemon themed poke cafes opening up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im so hungry I could eat a Tauros is in the anime, so I want a line of Pokemon themed steakhouses

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Frankston posted:

All your favourite Monpokes like Snake, Kobra, and Eevee.

:golfclap:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I want to pick up one of the Overcooked games but which one is easier overall? Planning to play with people who rarely play video games but I heard they’re great couch co-op

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lakbay posted:

I want to pick up one of the Overcooked games but which one is easier overall? Planning to play with people who rarely play video games but I heard they’re great couch co-op

The second is definitely easier. They had a hard time balancing the first one because there were literally only two of them. And they made the game, so they couldn't pretend to be bad at it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Reality Pisser posted:

Look up the cornshaq retsupurae

cornshaq baby please

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Monpoke is obviously a high fashion clothing line inspired by Pokémon.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
What are some good spook games currently/coming for the switch?

Slightly off topic:
Why did the previous thread close?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Meallan posted:

Slightly off topic:

don't ask

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Meallan posted:

Slightly off topic:

Because me and some other posters got into a really loving dumb argument. The OP locked the thread for a while and we got a new thread because why not I guess.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was actually planning on closing it to create a new OP since E3, yesterday is just when I finally got around to doing it. First day of the month seemed an opportune time.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Ohtsam posted:

Monpoke is obviously a high fashion clothing line inspired by Pokémon.

Snorlax onesie, here I come

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I was actually planning on closing it to create a new OP since E3, yesterday is just when I finally got around to doing it. First day of the month seemed an opportune time.

new thread every month let's go

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

add more spiders and jack o lanterns to OP

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So apparently I actually won a prize in the Summer of Fun thing they were doing. Judging be the dates, I must be like a 3 or 4th redraw since they seemed end and say they were contacting people about a month ago

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You're like the second person in the thread to report winning that.

Make sure it isn't a phish

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Is this thread for God's Perfect Console the Nintendo Switch still horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

il-landier posted:

Is this thread for God's Perfect Console the Nintendo Switch still horny

of course