Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Great, horny mahjong for the Switch...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Animal Crossing has sneakers now. The final barrier has been removed. We can have an Animal Crossing/Splatoon crossover

https://twitter.com/Criisalys/status/1224808349620940802?s=20

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cartoon Man posted:

I think those are actually Saturn ports funnily enough! Looks like a game that was mentioned in a "Did You Know Gaming" video

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

This is like the fifth horny mahjong for Switch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There were like 5000 strip mahjong PS1/Saturn games, I guess someone still wants to port those.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Andrast posted:

It's almost like the block reward is some kind of joke

Oh wow, thanks man, I never realized!

Amppelix posted:

This video is by noted rear end in a top hat nick robinson, who nobody should support.

Oh he's a creepy shitlord? I guess I should've known. Feels like almost anyone with a YT channel and some sort of following is a creeper in some way. I've only ever seen his videos when YT pushed them on me and out of the two or three I watched, this one seemed reasonably well made and I enjoy seeing Kamiya shenanigans in all shapes and sizes, so I kinda liked it. It also fits really well with the whole blocked by Kamiya/Kamiya is gonna clear his block list thing... Sorry for posting videos by a thirsty fuckface apparently :(

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gripweed posted:

The Switch is getting a collection of classic Mahjong games

I love how there's no actual Mahjong gameplay in that trailer.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

abraxas posted:

Feels like almost anyone with a YT channel and some sort of following is a creeper in some way

What a bizarre, over the top statement

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gripweed posted:

Animal Crossing has sneakers now. The final barrier has been removed. We can have an Animal Crossing/Splatoon crossover

https://twitter.com/Criisalys/status/1224808349620940802?s=20

Too late, it's already happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE_nosBTn8I

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someone talk me out of buying a very long hdmi cable so I can put the switch dock beside the couch instead of the tv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Len posted:

Someone talk me out of buying a very long hdmi cable so I can put the switch dock beside the couch instead of the tv

You'll stumble over it every now and then and rue your decision

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vandar posted:

I love how there's no actual Mahjong gameplay in that trailer.

I think most people know what Mahjong looks like

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Len posted:

You'll trip over it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

There's ways to cover the cable, and if your home allows it you can just route the cable underneath. I'm lucky enough to be able to route a long HDMI cable through my basement to connect my PC to my TV.

But since you need to be talked out of it, there's the risk that upon playing Animal Crossing you'll realize the real world will never be as good and thus decide to take your own life, and a long HDMI cable might make for a decent makeshift noose, so don't buy long HDMI cables if you value your life I guess.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Len posted:

Just frikkin do it

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Just put the TV beside the couch so a regular HDMI cable reaches.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Just get off your couch and walk over to the switch.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I tried a long hdmi cable like that. I occasionally ran into issues with controllers momentarily dropping connection, probably because the new position made the signal travel through the couch, instead of air.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You'll trip over it

Not if I snake it along the wall :colbert:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Len posted:

Move the TV closer to the couch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Len posted:

Not if I snake it along the wall :colbert:

If you do this make sure you post pictures of it in the thread.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

🐍 it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Just get off your couch and walk over to the switch.

Buy a Switch lite. Problem solved.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Also New Leaf had tie-ins with Splatoon, with exclusive villagers, clothing and furniture availaible through the Splatoon amiibos.

Unrelated,

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1225071583464570880?s=19

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:piss: oh man am I buying this

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Is this different from the Japanese only release from last year? Either way, I'm down for a barrel of ports.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Beastie posted:

Buy a Switch lite. Problem solved.

I feel like that wouldn't solve the seamlessly switch from tv to handheld without getting up non-problem.

Also I'm hoping putting the joycons by the couch makes them work better because I really do enjoy playing in the tv more than a tiny screen.

Mega64 posted:

If you do this make sure you post pictures of it in the thread.

Wouldn't be the most janky thing I've had to do. For awhile I had an Ethernet cable strung up the wall along the balcony blinds and then to the other side of the room.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:piss: oh man am I buying this
Keep in mind this is only the NES Double Dragons and the NES Kunio (River City Ransom-ish) games, it's not a complete collection of ports and arcade games by any means.

Still, that does include Super Dodge Ball and Nintendo World Cup (the Japanese version) and it means that Historical Kunio (aka Technos Samurai), one of the best River City Ransom-alikes, is officially localized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csGUOuGMHMk

No Super Spike V-Ball though.

bushisms.txt posted:

Is this different from the Japanese only release from last year? Either way, I'm down for a barrel of ports.
They claim the Japanese games are localized now, which would be an important difference.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

this loving rules.

*edit*

Oh it's just the NES games and not a complete collection....

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The United States posted:

Keep in mind this is only the NES Double Dragons and the NES Kunio (River City Ransom-ish) games, it's not a complete collection of ports and arcade games by any means.

Still, that does include Super Dodge Ball and Nintendo World Cup (the Japanese version) and it means that Historical Kunio (aka Technos Samurai), one of the best River City Ransom-alikes, is officially localized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csGUOuGMHMk

No Super Spike V-Ball though.

They claim the Japanese games are localized now, which would be an important difference.

If I truly don't care about arcade Double Dragon or arcade RCR/KK, but really enjoyed everything I played on my North American NES back in the day, will I care about missing stuff?

Wasn't there an RCR sequel on the SFC (Japan only)? Is that on here?

Edit: nm, you clearly said only the NES KK stuff was on here. All good.

I have barely played any KK games, beyond those officially released in NA, so this is still probably awesome. Are they going to be fixed up ports, or will there be horrendous slowdown? I can't watch videos while at work, so my apologies if this is answered in them.

Also, is this the first time that something on NESflix is sold elsewhere on the EShop?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 5, 2020

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I went into the Dragon Quest 11 Demo expecting at most a 2 hour demo. I have played for 4 hours and it is still going. I had to call it quits for now.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Len posted:

I think the Switch uses a slightly different HDMI connection from standard? There was a thing where it stopped working for some reason when I tried just using the HDMI cable from my PS3.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

blackguy32 posted:

I went into the Dragon Quest 11 Demo expecting at most a 2 hour demo. I have played for 4 hours and it is still going. I had to call it quits for now.

You've probably played about half of the demo. If you've enjoyed what you've played so far, you might as well just get the full game since the game only gets better once the "demo" portion is over.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think the Switch uses a slightly different HDMI connection from standard? There was a thing where it stopped working for some reason when I tried just using the HDMI cable from my PS3.

I'm currently using my Switch with the HDMI cable that came with my PS4. There might be more than one kind of HDMI cable though, I dunno.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is anyone else excited for the mystery dungeon remake ?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The United States posted:

Nintendo World Cup
The best football game ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDWI5FOneLs

I wonder how poo poo the Double Dragon 3 release is going to be.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

fit em all up in there posted:

Is anyone else excited for the mystery dungeon remake ?

Extremely. The demo is cruel with how short it is.

I'm glad the online rescue browser is back too, rescuing other players is a really fun way to add content but having to type in a 30 character password each time makes it harder to just pick up and play.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I used the one that came with my TV mount when traveling a few weeks ago and didn't have any problems

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is Fitness Boxing completely pointless now that Ring Fit Adventure exists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Is Fitness Boxing completely pointless now that Ring Fit Adventure exists?
They serve different purposes. Honestly I really enjoy the workout in Fitness Boxing and was just wishing the other day while I was doing it that they'd make a Ring Fit style adventure/rpg game but with the shadow boxing controls instead of the ring and yoga.

If you're happy with Ring Fit you probably don't need to worry about Fitness Boxing, but I like both in their own ways.