Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Teardown definitely won't come out on Switch. All the others seem plausible tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I went into multiplayer on Clubhouse Games with my Pro Controller and it won’t even let me back out unless I go and detach the Joycons.

Effort.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lord Lambeth posted:

Clubhouse games is proving to be a very good podcast game

:yeah:

It’s great since my pod backlog is huge now due to quarantine and not driving as much.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Darts and billiards are great. Yacht too. The game is so great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s really giving me an appreciation for all these old games. I love the HD rumble of the dice. I’m glad Nintendo hasn’t forgotten about the feature. It needs to be used way more.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Shame Boy posted:

2. I know they had to make sacrifices because of the hardware but i'm not a huge fan of the dual screen approach they took to putting all of bottom screen info (radar, character selection,second screen during some gimmicky gameplay sections) in a picture in picture box that you essentially just have to deal with whenever you need the second screen. You can adjust the size all you want but it's still gonna be awkward.

I moved it off the screen entirely, there's just a green pixel in the very corner now. Maybe that's going to bite me in the rear end later when something needs both screens but so far I haven't missed it, and the game automatically switches screens when I go inside buildings

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Holy mackerel, online 9-ball is almost entirely people that just aim at random balls and foul every turn.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oscar Wild posted:

100% agree. I can't really say why. Maybe its the huge map size.

It’s a number of things. Maps are too big with too few resources scattered about. Maps aren’t super well designed around your slow characters which are primarily slow infantry whereas Wars only had two infantry and more vehicles. Occupied cities hurt you meaning capturing is a drag and not possible for a single infantry unit and means you have constantly damaged units and not enough places to heal or replace them. This means prices are all wrong and the list goes on.

Again these game’s are finely tuned and something being slightly off can really hurt it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dip Viscous posted:

Holy mackerel, online 9-ball is almost entirely people that just aim at random balls and foul every turn.

That sound like the game can't find matches so you play against a poo poo AI.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I cannot remember the last time I was as mad as I got tonight while playing Ludo. I know everyone jokes about Mario Party or Monopoly ruining friendships but I felt like chucking my Switch across the room after getting knocked back to start twice in the same turn, and that happened a few times.

You can see why someone played that and thought “oh yeah, let’s really amp up the relationship-ruining power here” when they made Sorry.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Ludo is like Monopoly except it completely loving drops the mask of pretending to be a game. There are no decisions to be made. There is nothing to be gained or lost. You just go in ciricles for hours.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

You can at least choose which token you move when you roll tho right?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pretty good posted:

You can at least choose which token you move when you roll tho right?

Doesn't Clubhouse also come with the card game "War"? That's 100% random too, no decisions made.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dip Viscous posted:

Ludo is like Monopoly except it completely loving drops the mask of pretending to be a game. There are no decisions to be made. There is nothing to be gained or lost. You just go in ciricles for hours.

It looked exactly like "Sorry"/"Trouble" to me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

All those games are based on Parchisi, pretty much the same kind of thing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s really giving me an appreciation for all these old games. I love the HD rumble of the dice. I’m glad Nintendo hasn’t forgotten about the feature. It needs to be used way more.

It will never be used for anything important because the Lite doesn't have it

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Actually it involves choosing the pawn that sends the opponent back home when you move so there is that (re: Ludo). But yeah, when I played it I just wanted to put it on auto pilot after 20 minutes. I wish there were emotes or chat online with randoms lol, I saw a guy playing and the things that were happening to him in Ludo I knew he was pissed.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Actually it involves choosing the pawn that sends the opponent back home when you move so there is that (re: Ludo). But yeah, when I played it I just wanted to put it on auto pilot after 20 minutes. I wish there were emotes or chat online with randoms lol, I saw a guy playing and the things that were happening to him in Ludo I knew he was pissed.
This was me.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I started to try to learn richi mahjong but I gave up before playing after looking at the rules

This actually looks a lot like a game I used to play called rummikub but all the symbols are hard to understand

Similarly I played a couple rounds of Hanafuda and have no loving idea what I was doing. I somehow won though

Richi Mahjong is a super fun game. It requires some memorization (and in the meantime, a written list of hands you can make is useful) but it's so worth it.

Hanafuda is a bit simpler, and there's more luck involved, but it's also a fun game once you have memorized the hands you can make and know what you're aiming for.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Crazy to me my entire life up until this morning I never realized the trick to winning mahjong solitaire was to not bother clearing a pair if it wasn't blocking anything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I just have the demo, but President seems needlessly complex. I'm able to mostly follow it, but there are some rules that baffle me. Why do the card numbers start at 3, thus making 2 the highest? What was wrong with the King or Ace being the top? That, and a few other things I can't remember just kind of made me confused. I'll need more time with it, because I want to love it like others do.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just have the demo, but President seems needlessly complex. I'm able to mostly follow it, but there are some rules that baffle me. Why do the card numbers start at 3, thus making 2 the highest? What was wrong with the King or Ace being the top? That, and a few other things I can't remember just kind of made me confused. I'll need more time with it, because I want to love it like others do.

President is subject to dozens of different house rule depending on where you are playing it. I'm surprised Nintendo could settle on one set of rules.

Also its not called President, its called rear end in a top hat :colbert:

vvvv:golfclap:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 6, 2020

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Rutibex posted:

President is subject to dozens of different house rule depending on where you are playing it. I'm surprised Nintendo could settle on one set of rules.

Also its not called President, its called rear end in a top hat :colbert:

Just call it Trump as a compromise.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Just call it Trump as a compromise.

That's its own thing, isn't it?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Anybody played realMYST yet, and if so how are the controls?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Windjammers is fun and good. I see why this is a cult game. If Dotemu can do as good a job with the sequel as Streets of Rage 4 then that would be rad.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ok so I can't find instructions for the NES30 Pro by 8bitdo and I can't figure out how to connect it to my Switch.

Anyone know?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ok so I can't find instructions for the NES30 Pro by 8bitdo and I can't figure out how to connect it to my Switch.

Anyone know?

https://download.8bitdo.com/Manual/Controller/N30pro+F30pro/N30pro+F30pro_Manual_V4.pdf

also update the firmware if you haven't yet

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Thanks. How long should it flash before connecting because it's taking ages.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Anyone know?

Yea! Pretty simple:

Plug into Switch with included cable to pair via USB. If this doesn't also pair it wirelessly...

Start+Y is the official "turn on as a Switch controller" input; hold that for 1 second and then the sync button while the Switch is looking for a controller to pair.

It cannot currently turn the Switch on via its home button, but I just press the Start button to wake it up along with the Switch.

You can tap (screenshot) button and the button of your choice to toggle said button's turbo function (denoted by a flash of the home button's LED ring,) but you'll also take a screenshot in doing so.

I have the occasional trouble syncing on wake, but plugging it back in and unplugging it solves that immediately.

Edit: Sorry, I misread -- this applies to the SN30 Pro+. Not sure how much of that applies to the NES30 Pro.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 6, 2020

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Astro7x posted:

As someone that typically doesn't buy digital games, I feel like Clubhouse games is probably one of those ones you want digital. It just seems like little bitesized things to switch to in order to kill time

Yup. My rule is generally that anything more than 20 bucks has to be physical or on sale digitally before I purchase it. But Clubhouse Games is something I might want to just have ready to go immediately when I go over to my parents house or have on a plane and don't feel like digging carts out of my case.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

My only gripes are

The Mastermind game 2 players should be one of you makes the pattern and other guesses not 2 guessers

Being able to turn off computer players on things like Ludo

Allow more than 2 people to play Yahtzee

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

My only gripes are

The Mastermind game 2 players should be one of you makes the pattern and other guesses not 2 guessers

Being able to turn off computer players on things like Ludo

Allow more than 2 people to play Yahtzee

6 colours max for mastermind is also weaksauce

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

WilliamAnderson posted:

6 colours max for mastermind is also weaksauce

That too

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Weedle posted:

it owned when steam introduced the ability to delete games from your library because i went through and got rid of like 2/3 of my games that were all poo poo i didn't care about at all from various bundles. my backlog is still huge but now i could theoretically complete it in my lifetime

Wait poo poo you can do more than just make games you don't want invisible? Now I have to go through my Steam library and throw out all those weird garbage games Valve for some reason gifted to me over the years.

Edit:

OK, how does this work? Apparently I'm too dumb to find this option, I only get "hide"

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Libluini posted:

Wait poo poo you can do more than just make games you don't want invisible? Now I have to go through my Steam library and throw out all those weird garbage games Valve for some reason gifted to me over the years.

Edit:

OK, how does this work? Apparently I'm too dumb to find this option, I only get "hide"

pretty sure Hide is what he was talking about.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh, bummer. Welp, hiding it is then.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I wish Clubhouse Games had more options for house rules. The way I learned Uno Last Card as a kid is way different.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You can delete games. Go to help > steam support then click on whatever game and click "I want to permanently remove this game from my account"

Leal fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I exited the Clubhouse Games demo yesterday feeling pretty negative about it. Slot Cars was entirely disposable, despite the cool analog throttle option. Dominoes, I couldn't figure out why I was getting no points, probably said a bad word at my Switch. President, CPU rightfully kicked my rear end. Connect Four... is the kind of game that I couldn't justify sitting through a loading screen for, at least while playing by my lonesome.

I exited the demo feeling generally unenthused and even a little mad still, but today I find myself wanting to jump back in, so screw it I'll just pick it up. Really, I think I just want to figure out why I wasn't getting any loving points in Dominoes.