Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I can't wait for DLSS to improve my Clubhouse Games and Disgaea experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just have Nintendo do all the sports games. Hell, they already kinda do with the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games. (Are those worth any mention, btw? They've become pretty background noise, I got the impression they're somewhere between Wii Sports and Mario Party but more po faced)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Martytoof posted:

I can't wait for DLSS to improve my Clubhouse Games and Disgaea experience

Imagine Witcher being just as blurry, but it actually stays at 30fps, even in Novigrad.

That's the dream, right there.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Pretty pleased with how the bioshock remaster games look and run. Even Bioshock Infinite looks and runs good.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just have Nintendo do all the sports games. Hell, they already kinda do with the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games. (Are those worth any mention, btw? They've become pretty background noise, I got the impression they're somewhere between Wii Sports and Mario Party but more po faced)

I’d play a Mario football game that uses various koopa/toad formations with main character perked quarterbacks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rolo posted:

I’d play a Mario football game that uses various koopa/toad formations with main character perked quarterbacks.

The only sports games I ever really cared about were Blades of Steel and NBA Jam and I would play the poo poo out of this

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Anodyne 2 looks like a PS1 game but it’s still very pretty
Really makes you think

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mario strikers 3 pls

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

ChocNitty posted:

Pretty pleased with how the bioshock remaster games look and run. Even Bioshock Infinite looks and runs good.

It's a 360 game from 2013 it better be flawless

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s pretty much no reason to wait for Smash DLC to go on sale right? Because I’m getting back into the game and would like to play with some them new boys.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Not really I don’t remember Nintendo DLC ever going on sale.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm trying out Master Quest for botw and it just feels...tedious? The first Moblin dealing one heart of damage a hit is fine...but using up entire weapons to just barely kill it and it regenning hp if you stop attacking for a split second seems kinda weird.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm trying out Master Quest for botw and it just feels...tedious? The first Moblin dealing one heart of damage a hit is fine...but using up entire weapons to just barely kill it and it regenning hp if you stop attacking for a split second seems kinda weird.

They could have just given us a hero mode where enemies deal double damage and Link has an in-game eating animation but no that had to get weird with it and create a mode that is virtually unplayable in a conventional gameplay style

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yup, that was basically my take on it. The combination of breakable weapons and massively increased health and regenerating health was just too annoying. It's possible that the difficulty evens out later on once you have more access to better weapons, but as it is, I couldn't be bothered to power through to the end of the plateau.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I'm fine with enemies being very deadly and require creative thinking to kill. I'm not ok with "i knocked this moblin off a cliff and by the time i can get to him to finish him off, he's already regenned literally all of his hp" Shame.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

404notfound posted:

Yup, that was basically my take on it. The combination of breakable weapons and massively increased health and regenerating health was just too annoying. It's possible that the difficulty evens out later on once you have more access to better weapons, but as it is, I couldn't be bothered to power through to the end of the plateau.

I just beelined for and wore Majora's Mask the whole time

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Remember how the game is heavily orientated towards expoiting the environment to deal damage through indirect means such as dropping objects on foes/foes off objects and triggering elemental effects? Well go to hell, they'll start auto-healing through whatever chip damage you deal them if you try any of that clever bullshit now

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure everyone's way too distracted with Zelda's rear end and Prince Sidon, and the Gerudo in general

zelda is overrated, link should settle down with his fish wife.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
90% of women and 40% of men in Hyrule want to gently caress Link, so it's not like he can't afford to be picky.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've read the journal of someone pining for Link and she seemed convinced he didn't know who she was. And she was right because I have no idea which nameless npc she was

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1363542922726113282

Len posted:

I've read the journal of someone pining for Link and she seemed convinced he didn't know who she was. And she was right because I have no idea which nameless npc she was

It's Impa's granddaughter or something who has that weird birthmark on her rear end (this is canon).

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Shots loving fired.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Rolo posted:

Shots loving fired.

Plot twist: Wario works for Activision.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lol Sakamoto of all people saying this is the biggest :ironicat:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Always doing stupid things and is really idiotic? Hell, same here.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Lol Sakamoto of all people saying this is the biggest :ironicat:

Literally forgot until just now he was the one behind Other M.

Seems Wario was the one playing tricks on him this entire time...!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I got into BOTW super late and like... will probably avoid the DLC for it after my best friend glowed and stanned for the game over a year and went for the DLC and said "this sucks". Y'all just reinforcing it.

BTW Hades still super good and I can't stop playing it

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Omnikin posted:

I got into BOTW super late and like... will probably avoid the DLC for it after my best friend glowed and stanned for the game over a year and went for the DLC and said "this sucks". Y'all just reinforcing it.

BTW Hades still super good and I can't stop playing it

DLC has some good and some bad but worth it if you love the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hero's Path should have been a base game feature

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Extra costumes are hit-or-miss, depending if you're interested. Trial of the Sword has a nice reward, if you don't mind the challenges to do it. Hero's Path is nice to see where you've traveled and to help find areas you haven't explored yet. The Champions' Ballad DLC is pretty solid once you get past the dumb "die in one hit" poo poo that starts things off, though it requires beating the four Divine Beasts first.

It's not a bad set of DLC for $20 and felt I got my money's worth, but you're also not missing out on anything game-altering if you skip it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm still pissed off at Three Houses $30 DLC! I want to play that extra story thing but that seems to be the only compelling thing in the DLC.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The motorcycle looks pretty dope. I'll eventually buy the DLC just to get that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm still pissed off at Three Houses $30 DLC! I want to play that extra story thing but that seems to be the only compelling thing in the DLC.

The extra story thing is sweet. Some amazing map design in there.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Chaotic Flame posted:

So, my Switch isn't being recognized by my TV all of a sudden. Dock seems to be working (charges the switch) and it's not the HDMI cord or TV HDMI inputs since other devices are working. Any ideas? Not seeing this as a common issue and I've tried the common troubleshooting stuff (power cycling, checking other cords/inputs, etc.). Was literally working fine yesterday afternoon.

For anyone else that runs into this, it was because my RGB output had changed from "Limited". For whatever reason, "Automatic" & "Full Range" cause an issue with some TVs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The BOTW DLC is amazing, absolutely get all of it. There’s a ton of optional gear that makes Link look silly though.

But the Champions Ballad is A+ DLC content and well worth the price. The Master Sword trials are hard as gently caress but you get a good sense of accomplishment if you can power through and complete it.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't know if it's worth $30 to everyone but the extra "path" is really good, and you can recruit all the new characters in the main game. It also gives more uses to Renown if you're doing NG+. It was worth it for me but then I had already spent 200 hours in the main game.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

And yet his rival chows down wild mushrooms sight unseen and can’t keep the Princess from being serial kidnapped, very curious

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

The BOTW DLC is amazing, absolutely get all of it. There’s a ton of optional gear that makes Link look silly though.

But the Champions Ballad is A+ DLC content and well worth the price. The Master Sword trials are hard as gently caress but you get a good sense of accomplishment if you can power through and complete it.

Playing through the trial of the sword is the only way you fully realize how dynamic and asymmetrical the combat can be in the game. Its a bold statement but botw has a deeper combat system than 9 out of 10 open world games.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

CrossCode is soooo good if you were looking for something in the spirit of ChronoTrigger. It actually feels like a 2100 A.D. sequel. Everything about it feels the same, the run speed, the way the monsters move. The way the camera frames the action. The font. The music. The style of writing is very friendly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuN-5yxwogU

The big differential is its battle system, which is completely live action, with some twinstick shooter elements. It takes some getting used to, but it's very fun, and you will have companions that fight with you

And it's got good puzzles that wouldn't be out of place in Zelda. They essentially took all the good elements out of action adventure RPGs, and made a pretend MMO (materials, sidequests, guilds). The trailer makes it look wild, but you start the game with pretty humble abilities. Comfy game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Spellman posted:

CrossCode is soooo good if you were looking for something in the spirit of ChronoTrigger. It actually feels like a 2100 A.D. sequel. Everything about it feels the same, the run speed, the way the monsters move. The way the camera frames the action. The font. The music. The style of writing is very friendly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuN-5yxwogU

The big differential is its battle system, which is completely live action, with some twinstick shooter elements. It takes some getting used to, but it's very fun, and you will have companions that fight with you

And it's got good puzzles that wouldn't be out of place in Zelda. They essentially took all the good elements out of action adventure RPGs, and made a pretend MMO (materials, sidequests, guilds). The trailer makes it look wild, but you start the game with pretty humble abilities. Comfy game

I can't agree with that. The gameplay, as you point out, is completely different but it is also an incredibly bloated and overwrought game where Chrono Trigger is pared back to the bone. That's not to say there's anything wrong with liking it, although I clearly didn't, but the experience of playing them couldn't be more different imo