Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Policenaut posted:

I have some friends super into Nocturne speedrunning and yeah Nocturne Remaster is a pretty buggy mess from what I understand. Game breaking progression bugs, frame rate issues all over the place. That kinda stuff.

yeah iirc the initial launch for hd nocturne was really buggy, tho last i checked a lot of the issues got patched out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ilmucche posted:

Dead cells is a lot of fun but I can't beat 2 boss cells. Everything hits so hard and the healing goes away.

Saw a thing about using the ice bow if it rolls with piercing but green melee weapons tend to suck for me.

There's a yet another BC balance pass coming that's making it easier. Here's the new upcoming healing:
code:
BC0: Health fountains in every transition.
BC1: Health fountain every other transition, with one minor flask when the fountain is missing.
BC2: No more health fountain, one minor flask in every transition.
BC3: One minor flask after the first boss and before the second.
BC4: No more health in any transition, enemies teleport to your position.
BC5: No more health, enemies teleport, malaise added.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Apex is out on Switch tomorrow if anyone wants a good BR and can live with bad framerate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVFy6YTpOH4

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

repiv posted:

Apex is out on Switch tomorrow if anyone wants a good BR and can live with bad framerate

30 locked, or unlocked? :ohdear: Too busy to check atm

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

repiv posted:

I've gotten bored of it on PC but I'm going to download it just to see performance. Also would be nice to have an fps option when gaming on the couch.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

30 locked, or unlocked? :ohdear: Too busy to check atm

All the footage we've seen has been capped at 30fps, which is :barf: territory for me as someone who plays it at >120fps on PC but to each their own

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Personally I'm more worried about the draw distance vs. whatever crossplay they implement (if any). The original trailer was blurry af and that game has some lonnng sightlines.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It does have crossplay, Playstation/Xbox/Switch players are all in the same pool, PC players have their own pool, and if a party has a mix of console and PC players then they play on PC servers

Technically you can disable crossplay but it's not recommended because the no-crossplay player pools are tiny and queues take forever

repiv fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 9, 2021

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

repiv posted:

It does have crossplay, Playstation/Xbox/Switch players are all in the same pool, PC players have their own pool, and if a party has a mix of console and PC players then they play on PC servers

lol Switch players are so hosed; they'll never see the shots that kill them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidia-reportedly-stopping-manufacture-of-nintendo-switch-soc-soon/

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
lol the worst performing and ugliest version with no cross progression, get hype.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Has anybody played The First Tree (that fox simulator game)? I have just enough expiring gold coins to buy it if it's good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Twelve by Pies posted:

Look I'm telling you One Piece gets really good after episode 200 you just gotta stick with it until then.

That's not fair. One Piece is good immediately.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Waltzing Along posted:

That's not fair. One Piece is good immediately.

The Skypiea arc kind of drug. I'm only in the mid 500s though but it's been overall a fun read

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://gamingbolt.com/apex-legends-on-switch-to-run-720p-docked-576p-portable-both-modes-at-30-fps

720p30 docked
576p30 portable

oof

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the real question is will it just not even attempt to load textures like fortnite

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

the real question is will it just not even attempt to load textures like fortnite

If Respawn is using a variant of their Titanfall engine then that shouldn't be an issue, as it's based on Source rather than Unreal.

They were able to port the first one to the 360 at roughly the same res for the textures as Apex on an undocked Switch, but with one eighth the ram.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 9, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully Switch Pro will make this actually playable. I would accept 30fps in handheld if the resolution could be 1080p.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Pretty much exactly what I expected. I'll give it a go.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
People still play Apex Legends?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Finished Gnosia. Game stayed great the whole ride. The true ending is pretty clever, probably wouldn't have found out about it without someone telling me though. Def was worth the 25bucks, it consumed my entire weekend.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully Switch Pro will make this actually playable. I would accept 30fps in handheld if the resolution could be 1080p.

720p is a fine resolution for a handheld that's the size of the switch, it's double the ppi of a 27" 1440p monitor

well, obviously this apex port isn't hitting the native 720p but still

Andrast fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 9, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:supaburn:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

If I can't rebuild the Zellers store I worked at, then I'll likely not bother.

Seasonal dept is almost complete!

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

How is Mario Tennis singleplayer? Is it as chill and satisfying to play as the N64 version? Hesitant to get it at full price since all I really want to do is zone out and rally with Mario characters, if it does that well and whatever gimmicks or flashy specials aren't too intrusive, I'd go for it

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Pikamee's recent playthrough of Mario Odyssey got me to dust off my own copy (metaphorically since it's digital) and it's been a lot of fun. I finally beat Dark Side, the first rabbit was giving me trouble back when I was playing regularly, but I didn't have much trouble with him this time and the other three are complete jokes. I unlocked Darker Side and messed around with it but I can't even get past the first part, I always get blindsided by some Goomba I didn't see.

There's so many cool outfits for Mario and I feel bad because I just wear the Mario 64 one all the time.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I said come in! posted:

Reverse for me. I've gamed on phablets and the difference between 720P and 1080P was negligible to me on a small screen but the difference between 30fps and 60fps is huge. If I was viewing DSLR photos I noticed the resolution bump, but not gaming.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Shneak posted:

Has anybody played The First Tree (that fox simulator game)? I have just enough expiring gold coins to buy it if it's good.

Yeah, it's very cute and chill and buying it supports a single developer.

I followed his development vlogs and he seems like a good dude.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

American McGay posted:

Better than Warzone these days in terms of actual fun.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Apex is apparently very popular in Japan.

I didn’t care for it but if it lets Respawn make another titanfall then it’s all been worth it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Apex is probably the best of its class, I just don't think battle royales are fun and all of them have predatory loot box mechanics attached.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Mister Facetious posted:

Better than Warzone these days in terms of actual fun.

And reasonable storage size (comparatively)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

dr.acula posted:

And reasonable storage size (comparatively)

Need a 512gb card just for Warzone... :suicide:

The Ohio of video games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

dracky posted:

How is Mario Tennis singleplayer? Is it as chill and satisfying to play as the N64 version? Hesitant to get it at full price since all I really want to do is zone out and rally with Mario characters, if it does that well and whatever gimmicks or flashy specials aren't too intrusive, I'd go for it

Never played the single player in the N64 version. It is a kind of short campaign.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Beat" Bowser's Fury and that was a blast. Definitely going back for the rest of the shines and if that's the model for the next Mario game (with maybe whatever the equivalent of fury mode is being just slightly less intrusive or like completely up to you to trigger) I'm into it.

I thought the way 3DW let you store a powerup to retrieve when you wanted was great but gently caress it, gimme five of everything at will was a masterstroke.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"Beat" Bowser's Fury and that was a blast. Definitely going back for the rest of the shines and if that's the model for the next Mario game (with maybe whatever the equivalent of fury mode is being just slightly less intrusive or like completely up to you to trigger) I'm into it.

I thought the way 3DW let you store a powerup to retrieve when you wanted was great but gently caress it, gimme five of everything at will was a masterstroke.

While I was playing Bowsers Fury all I could think was "What if they remade Sunshine in this style?".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

What does this mean for Nintendo exactly? Are they going to use a new SOC for Switch Pros and only manufacturing those?

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

punk rebel ecks posted:

What does this mean for Nintendo exactly? Are they going to use a new SOC for Switch Pros and only manufacturing those?

Either that or just silently upgrade the SOC without making a fuss like they did before with the red box Switches.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It was cool it felt like having an inventory like some metroidvania. Oh need to climb up this wall? Let me equip the cat suit. Trying to hit that distant island? I’ll pop my tanooki suit on.

Mario metroidvania when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There’s plenty proof-of-concept Metroidvania levels in Mario Maker, proper 2D and 3D versions would own.

Or at least a ROM hack where you have Mario and his power ups in Super Metroid, that would own.