Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

They should just make Kirby Air Ride 2 instead of what ever ya'll are going on about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Electromax posted:

The MK dlc introduced Zelda, Animal Crossing, FZero tracks and I really hoped it meant a Nintendo Kart would be the next step ala Smash. Quiet ever since.

think of all those nobodies from Fire Emblem they could add that no one cares about.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

It's me, the one person on Earth who'd prefer a new Diddy Kong Racing game

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

chaleski posted:

you're not alone

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

chaleski posted:

Hello secret government clone of myself do you want to have sex

Muscle Tracer posted:

you're not alone

oh goodness this is going to get messy

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

chaleski posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAoSY5bhSw

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

chaleski posted:

I still here the narrator say "darkwater beach" in my mind far too often

It was a good game

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

chaleski posted:

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

xedo posted:

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Why do people act like being a fan of Diddy Kong Racing is some small minority? I remember it being super popular when I was a kid, it’s a very common opinion that it was better than Mario Kart 64. It’s a gross injustice that the series died on the 64 (or DS if you count the remake).

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I also support a new DKR.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

We got the good new 2d sonic game but I want the old bad 3d sonic games

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

flavor.flv posted:

Play Sonic Colours on the Wii and you can have a good 3D Sonic game :eng101:.

Seriously, Sonic Colours badly needs an HD remaster.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
it is a tragic thing to me that a game as mediocre as Sonic Colors is so widely lauded as "the good one" w.r.t that series

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bleck posted:

it is a tragic thing to me that a game as mediocre as Sonic Colors is so widely lauded as "the good one" w.r.t that series

As much as I wanted to love it, I never could. It's ultimately a mediocre title elevated by the fact that it's not Sonic 4, 2006, or the storybook games.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't want a good or even mediocre sonic game, I want the bad ones. I want to grind rails. I want to fight world destroying gods while crush 40 buttrock plays. I want increasingly more powerful rival hedgehogs to appear and for Amy to show up in the game just to mistake them for sonic in comedic cutscenes

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

flavor.flv posted:

I don't want a good or even mediocre sonic game, I want the bad ones. I want to grind rails. I want to fight world destroying gods while crush 40 buttrock plays. I want increasingly more powerful rival hedgehogs to appear and for Amy to show up in the game just to mistake them for sonic in comedic cutscenes

you basically described the most recent mainline game sonic forces and it loving blows rear end

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sonic 2006 was a treasure and nothing like it will ever exist again. The perfect blend of broken gameplay and awful cutscenes

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bleck posted:

colors was a lame but solid enough proof of concept that generations improved upon massively

not for nothing that the worst level in generations was the sonic colors level

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Colours owned and still owns

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

colors was a lame but solid enough proof of concept that generations improved upon massively

not for nothing that the worst level in generations was the sonic colors level

The Planet Wisp stage in Generations absolutely botches everything good about the original Colours version. Generations is mostly good, but it also has some bad choices in worlds in the Gen-6 version. Nobody needs a Sonic 06 stage, let alone goddamn Crisis City. The 3DS version has a much better selection of classic Sonic worlds.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

flavor.flv posted:

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/sonic-colors-remastered-listed-in-portfolio-of-german-voice-over-studio

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

I've been playing through SA2 again and I love it just as much as I did when it came out.

Sonic 06 is awful but I can't help laughing my head off while playing it because it's like the game is deliberately playing pranks on you. Like 'I wanna be the guy' where you never know what ridiculous thing is going to happen next.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The best adaptation of the planet wisp stage is the steam gardens in Mario Odyssey

Fawf posted:

you basically described the most recent mainline game sonic forces and it loving blows rear end

lol I completely forgot that game existed

Time for me to regret being nostalgic!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes please :stwoon:.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Planet Wisp stage in Generations absolutely botches everything good about the original Colours version. Generations is mostly good, but it also has some bad choices in worlds in the Gen-6 version. Nobody needs a Sonic 06 stage, let alone goddamn Crisis City. The 3DS version has a much better selection of classic Sonic worlds.

I disagree about Crisis City. One of the most underutilized aspects of remakes is being able to improve upon something. Generations redeemed that level.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I disagree about Crisis City. One of the most underutilized aspects of remakes is being able to improve upon something. Generations redeemed that level.

The modern remix is fantastic. Really fun to play too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyWezywxxqU&t=22s

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The best Sonic song is the one at the end of Super Mario Odyssey.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Electromax posted:

The MK dlc introduced Zelda, Animal Crossing, FZero tracks and I really hoped it meant a Nintendo Kart would be the next step ala Smash. Quiet ever since.

You are saying what makes the arcade one so good. Why yes I will race as Pacman for some reason or the Taki no Tatsujin drum.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lodin posted:

The best Sonic song is the one at the end of Super Mario Odyssey.

lol that's a good one

But seriously it's A Ghost Pumpkin Soup

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It seems kinda tragic to me that the people that make the sonic games are just flailing, throwing stuff at a wall because they don't seem to understand how to iterate on things that work.

Likes it's their job to make fun games and they cannot figure it out.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It seems kinda tragic to me that the people that make the sonic games are just flailing, throwing stuff at a wall because they don't seem to understand how to iterate on things that work.

Its because Sega or at least Sonic Team as been bleeding talent for years. They also love to sabotage their own efforts a lot of the time. Sonic Boom had potential to really push the series in a new direction but executive meddling from Sega got in the way. Sonic Forces was a massive disappointment because they clearly wanted to emulate the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon and Archie comics but were also hamstrung by Sega to not clearly define things or shoehorn the game characters into roles not suited for them.

Of course as I say Sega is bleeding talent but then I look at Balan Wonderworld and I'm like "yikes..."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sam Faust posted:

They should just make Kirby Air Ride 2 instead of what ever ya'll are going on about.

Yes

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pac-Man 99 is good, but it reveals the D-Pad sucks on the Pro Controller, at least on my model before the D-Pad was supposedly 'fixed'. So I'm playing with my SNES controller

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The "d pad" on the joycons is the real crime.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Joy con buttons make a great d pad for pac man, you crazy

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Okay, I need to check something.

People who use a singular controller (i.e. not separate joycons), do you:

1. Use your index finger for L/R, your middle finger for ZL/ZR, and ring+pinky to hold onto the controller, or
2. Use your index finger for both L/R and ZL/ZR, and middle+ring+pinky to hold onto the controller?

I naturally use position 2, cause otherwise I can’t support the controller well enough (and it’s slipped out of my hands a couple times). But based on the button placement, apparently you’re supposed to use position 1. Hence the potential use case of L+ZL, etc.

How many people use position 2? Am I alone in this?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sonic Adventure 2 is great and still holds up as an awesome 3D Platformer. I would definitely Play It On The Switch(tm).

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Unless I had to hit both shoulder buttons at once for some reason then my index fingers do all the work

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 is great and still holds up as an awesome 3D Platformer. I would definitely Play It On The Switch(tm).

I would like some kind of Sonic Collection that includes that game and Sonic Generations. I don't see how it would get made without including a lot of bad Sonic games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The frustrating part is they actually solved that core problem with 3D Sonic games and level-padding gimmicks in Sonic Colours, and even said as much in interviews; Pad out the levels with 2D platforming, and use the super-speed 3D stretches for big fancy setpieces.