Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Currently shows as sold out, but "more to come". Easily worth $5 if you can get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sold out.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Tender Bender posted:

One jank tip: The double jump is weird, you seem to get more of a boost if you hit the button twice in quick succession, rather than waiting till the height of your first jump to do the second.

I didn’t know I had a double jump until the penultimate base game level

I sold my physical copy but there’s no reason not to get this

e: drat

Weedle
May 31, 2006

fourth-largest game publisher in the western world “sells out” of digital licenses for its own game

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Weedle posted:

fourth-largest game publisher in the western world “sells out” of digital licenses for its own game

It's really that good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Weedle posted:

Trash company.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Weedle posted:

Its a marketing stunt to get people talking about the game
Fomo gonna push a few 60$ sales

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

Probably, but being an Ubisoft title means $5 is almost too much.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Weedle posted:

Sure, but they have to buy (or whatever) eShop codes from Nintendo and I'm sure that process is hardly as smooth as it could be.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm really hoping this means Mario and Rabbids 2. First game was really good and deserves to be further fleshed out.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Real hurthling! posted:

That game goes on sale all the drat time, though I've never seen it quite that low...

It's a good game, Rabbid Luigi is where it's at.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's still $15 (which it goes on sale for frequently), the $5 is just utilizing a site wide $10 off coupon on the Ubisoft store.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bit the bullet and got a split pad to solve my loud button issues and unsurprisingly it’s very comfortable as everyone keeps saying. I only have it attached on the right side with a normal con on the left for gyro purposes and it’s very nice though it looks like a horrible homunculus. Do recommend

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

What are the odds that we might get an Ace Attorney Trilogy 2 (Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice)? Just seems.... right... (I have Apollo Justice on mobile and it's alright; the Ace Attorney Trilogy just hit right).

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Probably not for a while after the Great Ace Attorney comes out.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yo what the gently caress is there seriously not a Gyrados in New Pokémon Snap? They'll shove Magikarp in your face in practically every level but that's it? What a cocktease.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Super Mario & Luigi have an older brother called Regular Giuseppe who actually is a competent plumber.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I got a little RG351v handheld emulator thingy and I want to start replaying Earthbound but I also have a very very very small hope that we'll get it on the Switch soon maybe around E3... But I also know that's never going to happen. :(

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

Super Mario & Luigi have an older brother called Regular Giuseppe who actually is a competent plumber.

Regular Giuseppe Odyssey

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Frankston posted:

Yo what the gently caress is there seriously not a Gyrados in New Pokémon Snap? They'll shove Magikarp in your face in practically every level but that's it? What a cocktease.

I was really mad about this. There's no "make a pokemon evolve" moments like in the first game either but that one example is particularly egregious.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

JustJeff88 posted:

Mario was a failed carpenter before he became a plumber.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Also an incompetent exotic pet owner

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
So, I got Xenoblade Chronicles DE today, after having played and enjoyed the sequel as much as I did. Just fought the faced mechon, and what the gently caress fiora's dead?? already??? Since she's a DLC character in 2, I thought for sure she'd be a permanent party member, not dead in the second chapter :stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

So, I got Xenoblade Chronicles DE today, after having played and enjoyed the sequel as much as I did. Just fought the faced mechon, and what the gently caress fiora's dead?? already??? Since she's a DLC character in 2, I thought for sure she'd be a permanent party member, not dead in the second chapter :stare:

Yeah Xenoblade pulls no punches. She goes out like a champ too. Just charging a cannon tank full speed into the enemy.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That’s a chumps death if I ever saw one.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Blaziken386 posted:

The story is tighter in the first one and has real good character arcs and moments.

Speaking of DLC, Torna for XB2 is another tight narrative with a fun cast of characters. If you liked XB2 you'll probably really enjoy the experience.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Chronojam posted:

Speaking of DLC, Torna for XB2 is another tight narrative with a fun cast of characters. If you liked XB2 you'll probably really enjoy the experience.
Played it already, in fact. While I liked it providing supplemental backstory & character motivations, honestly, I preferred the base game. Occasional good moments (Torigoth was a nice gut punch), but the overall plot was kinda lackluster, IMO.

Probably didn't help that I'd had a fairly pivotal part of the ending spoiled for me right after I started playing. :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

The faced mechon is a loving rear end in a top hat and i love him

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Blaziken386 posted:

:sickos:

Metal Face is a real fucker.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

As my roommate says every time the topic comes up:

The Mooonaaaaaa-do.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spoilers obviously but

https://youtu.be/GPoFisxGTFw

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Waltzing Along posted:

Mario was a failed carpenter before he became a plumber.

drat decent golfer, though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 hits a good balance between batshit JRPG stuff and effective melodrama imo. When it goes off the rails it works. Neither of the sequels hit their stride in that way.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 10, 2021

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

My theory is that the Switch Pro will be announced at the Keighleycast tonight. Seems like the kind of announcement Geoff would snaffle up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Comrade Fakename posted:

My theory is that the Switch Pro will be announced at the Keighleycast tonight. Seems like the kind of announcement Geoff would snaffle up.

Nintendo is not participating in Summer Game Fest

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Lol if you think Nintendo will ever announce the switch pro, I’m now convinced they won’t announce it before the fall if at all. Nintendo loving hates announcing things when people expect them to theyll take their sweet time. Also Reggie no longer works for Nintendo so the only inroads Geoff Keighly has into the company is gone.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

not no drat way Nintendo makes a major announcement on someone else's poo poo

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Geoff is going to pretend he's never seen a Wii U before and tell everyone he stole a Switch Pro prototype

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

:sickos:

Metal Face is a real fucker.

oh yeah i forgot they just called him metal face, what a lame but awesome name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh yeah i forgot they just called him metal face, what a lame but awesome name