Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The reason SMT3 has such a reputation for being difficult is actually precisely because grinding does very little to help you beat bosses, you need to engage with the mechanics instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I should really dust off smt3 and finish it. I got distracted by something and just kind of stopped

But until then I was punching the poo poo out gods

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
People were used to games like Final Fantasy where it's like "Why would I cast Protect and Shell when I can instead just blast the boss with attack spells" and tried the same thing in Nocturne, and Matador is the point where the game goes "Nope, that ain't gonna work anymore."

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Twelve by Pies posted:

People were used to games like Final Fantasy where it's like "Why would I cast Protect and Shell when I can instead just blast the boss with attack spells" and tried the same thing in Nocturne, and Matador is the point where the game goes "Nope, that ain't gonna work anymore."

Pokemon really enables that unless you're doing like hyper nerd tournament stuff.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

smt3 more like poo poo Made Terribly 3

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The occasion of the Shin Megami Tensei V game releasing and bestowing its great blessing upon the Nintendo Switch console seems like a good time to get a new version of this thread up and running. Who wants to be the OP? Lookin for volunteers.

This thread's pretty old anyway, starting to smell kinda bad in here. Years of bad posts just kinda sitting in the corner, you know how it is.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Tampa Bae posted:

I can get it on Game Pass but the idea was a long game I can play at work in downtime and that doesnt work on a console

Ditch that jrpg pish and get yourself stardew valley

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Ditch that jrpg pish and get yourself stardew valley

I have no strong opinions one way or another for jrpgs, but this advice is correct.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
OP job requirements:
- has beaten a Mario game
- minimum 30 shrines in BotW
- have pro controller (settle thread arguments fairly)
- willing to fix goons joycon drifts by mail for free

If two+ apply, decide winner in a 150cc race in Kart game of their choosing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Electromax posted:

OP job requirements:

:hmmyes:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I have both Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley already yeah. I have experience with SMT-type games, I think it was 3 on the PSP I played first, I have 4 on Steam, and I tried twice to get through all of Persona 5 with my sister but both times stopped at the Pyramid dungeon because she found out she was pregnant (twice! I'm afraid to start a third, I dont need a third nephew or niece)

and Digimon World is like a dummed down version of Persona from what I've played of both except there's no strategy at all to Digimon and you can break the game by getting perks that let you power-grind the game into not being a challenge at all in like two hours

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 3, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dragon Quest XI S is extremely good, don't listen to the JRPG haters

Please ignore that my avatar is from Dragon Quest XI, I am not biased at all

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Electromax posted:

OP job requirements:

*stands up, powerfully,*

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

For real though if someone posts an OP for a new thread I will close this one and link to it, I'm not picky. A bad OP can always be made good later :eng101:

I am a believer in the :justpost: lifestyle

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Harrow posted:

This thread's pretty old anyway, starting to smell kinda bad in here. Years of bad posts just kinda sitting in the corner, you know how it is.

thats just me. sorry. i will not do anything to improve the situation but i am sorry.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know that if you were to purchase the AC DLC, everyone gets to use it.

Does that also work if I subscribe to NSO+ (for lack of a better abbreviation), get it that way, and someone else on my Switch doesn't have the NSO expansion pack?

The weird situation is that my wife apparently had gotten a basic family account last year without realizing it, and had a dummy account underneath it. I have one spot available on my family plan, but the only way she can come over to mine is if she removes that dummy account from her plan.

So she did, and it takes 30 days for it to fully go through (in the event that you aver wanted to undo the removal). Once the 30 days are up, I'll put her on my family plan, but until then, will she be able to play the DLC?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

I'll watch some videos on Dragon Quest 11, not in a rush to pick anything out today. Gamestop lists the Switch pre-owned at $44 while the X-Box and PS4 versions are under $20 though lol

Nintendo why

There is a very beefy demo for Dragon Quest XI on Switch that allows you to transfer the data to the full version if you decide to buy it.

SMTV also comes out next week. That should be excellent.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

voting no on new thread. no point. no reason. lets not. cheers.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Harrow posted:

For real though if someone posts an OP for a new thread I will close this one and link to it, I'm not picky. A bad OP can always be made good later :eng101:

I am a believer in the :justpost: lifestyle

Stux posted:

voting no on new thread. no point. no reason. lets not. cheers.

Nope harrow spoke the simultaneously magic and cursed words it's too late

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Libluini posted:

It's always nice seeing someone immediately getting what a useless joke of a metric dislikes are, we're 100% in agreement here.

Your argument could only make sense once the next-gen version has been released and we know sales figures for it. If they're poo poo, then you could easily make a connection between the poor reception online for the trailers and the sales figures.

The other obvious example would be Battlefront 2 clocking up a load of nerd rage downvotes before EA went back and restructured the entire microtransaction system. Obviously that's because those downvotes corresponded to poor sales, which is the real driver for companies to change something, but there can be a relationship between negative feedback and action. I don't disagree that most of the time it's pointless nerd rage though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Ill.make an op but it's gonna be all bowsette pictures

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

Nope harrow spoke the simultaneously magic and cursed words it's too late

it's true, the spell is cast and cannot be taken back

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008