Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

akiyba posted:

Well crap. Finding out my right joycon's motion controls don't work when trying to play SMP sucks. It fails the calibration everytime. Buttons and stick work fine.

Long shot but did you try updating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I’ve got about a 58% chance that I get intoxicated and end up buying Mario Party this weekend.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Fremry posted:

Starfox needs to go back to it's best installment ever...... Starfox Adventures.

I had this on Gamecube back in the day and I liked it then. I was only 11 or 12 when it came out so I just saw it as Zelda + Starfox.

I liked it up until I had to walk across a bridge to an NPC in order to turn in a quest. Fox clipped through the bridge and died every time. I could find no way to get around it.

It was heart breaking.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

E-Money posted:

Too hard for me right now! Thanks for the response though.

What about Minecraft? Turn off the mobs, you can move about the realm in peace, collecting and building whatever you want.

I know it's been out for years now, but I still pop into a goon realm for about 2-3 hours a week just to chill out and build my tiki bar.

Also hope your recovery goes smooth.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I have been slowly hollowing out the Earth to just build a giant loving pyramid. It's 2x2 on the highest tile you can build, 4 by 4 on the tile below, 6x6 below that, and so on. I've got it all the way down a bit below sea level, one day it will reach bedrock. Oh and it's all smooth stone I meticulously cooked

drat, are you going to hollow it out or is it going to stay as the massive solid block?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I picked up Tropical Freeze again, but started it out in Funky mode.

I’m a scrub, but this game is delightful.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Everything other than stealth in AC games has felt like trash. Fighting just feels so hollow.

I bit and bought Origins because I wanted to scope out the X Enhancements but after that wore off I uninstalled the game. I played it for maybe 15 hours.

Never liked those games. I've given them a shot but they all feel so lacking. Environments were good though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm still laughing about "managing resources" in BotW.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Your Computer posted:

Unless you're standing around painstakingly breaking every weapon you have on a rock

Someone said this a few pages back and it sounded so incredibly stupid.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

raditts posted:

If we're still doing BOTW chat and the never ending argument over weapon breaking, I think they could have had a happy medium where things like sticks and bones break (and keep it so wooden weapons burn like they already do) but sturdier bladed weapons just become less effective and/or do less damage. Like fire blades could burn out, wands stop shooting out magic and only work as melee weapons, axes don't cut down trees after a while, stuff like that. (I guess even sturdier stuff could still break if you just beat it against rocks all the time, or try to fell trees with a sword or a staff.) And instead of making the Master Sword unusuable for 10 minutes, just make it less powerful, and maybe it just "recharges" on its own instead of you having to use it to its "breaking" point first.

There are many solutions to fights. If you're frost blade breaks as you're fighting a fire lizzalfo, you can bust out your frost arrows. Or your bombs. Or literally any other weapon.

Also, those enchanted element weapons do have a recharge. They'll stop being elemental after a couple of swings, but will restore after a few seconds.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

raditts posted:

I'm not sure what you think you're arguing against here.

quote:

Like fire blades could burn out, wands stop shooting out magic and only work as melee weapons

I guess I was trying to point out that this does happen. Maybe I misinterpreted their post? I haven't had coffee yet and am avoiding work.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

For the second time this month my dock hasn’t output the signal to my tv.

Switch is on, the dock light is on, but the tv is not getting a signal. Both times it was fixed by completely unplugging the dock.

Still weird.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Ptarmigans posted:

I read it as dipping by single digit frame amounts, like 60 to 55. Could be wrong though.

Fwiw that was exactly my take as well. I'm seriously debating getting DS for Switch. I'm such a chicken poo poo and only made it like 10 hours into the game on 360 back in the day.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So I bought myself a year’s worth of online but now my girlfriend wants to play Spla2n on her account.

Is there a way to switch to family plan or do I have to buy an account just for her and circle back next year with a family plan?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

No way to upgrade

Dang, oh well. $20 more so she can play Spla2n and score better than me :smith:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I mean, I get it. I actively stopped going into the ps4 thread because it was nonstop BB and DS chat. This thread isn't nearly as bad.

I'm a loving scrub at DS and haven't gone back to the Taurus Demon since I accidentally found him a few nights ago. I've beaten him before it's just that I hate dying and having to fight my way up the keep again.

I'm very bad at DS. My biggest problems are that I don't pay enough attention to stamina, I get greedy, and I don't know which frames are invincible during a dodge roll.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I wish the little prop stand on the back had a larger angle you could use, even like fifteen more degrees would be ideal

Mine came loose and I removed it a few weeks ago. It would stay on but inevitably get loose and bug me.

Free ballin'!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

CommaToes posted:

So I bought a switch and got Mario Kart 8 and Overcooked 2 so I'd have something to play with my girlfriend, but I feel they're better served as multiplayer games.

Are there any good pick up and play for a little while and then put down type of games? Something where I can just play for a bit but still make progress? I realize this is a bit of a broad question, but I'd love suggestions.

Stardew, Mario Van Rabbids, Binding of Isaac, Dead Cells, Into the Breach, Golf Story.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I remember dunking on my N64 friends because their versions of THPS didn’t have any lyrics to the music.

PlayStation did but not the full track list.

Dreamcast had them all though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

It is based on pokemon go and weirdly dated devotion to the original 151 so Ive no reason to believe Ill like it. It will in all honestly probably be a fine game, if not great for many people, especially the intended younger audience.

See also: people like me who haven't touched the game since Pokemon Silver. I hadn't even considered Pokemon until Go came out. I played that for about two months before the bugs, glitches and hurdles got to be too much.

It successfully got me jazzed for Let's Go Pikachu though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I made it like 10 hours (at most) into DS on 360, and bought it for Switch.

Currently in the Undead Burg farming for XP.

Have gone against the Taurus Demon twice so far. The first time I forgot about the drop blade trick, so I died.

The second time I did the drop attack and got him down to 20%, but on the last time of leading him away from the ladder I dove too soon and was trapped.

Gonna beat that fucker tonight while I wait for RDR2 to unlock.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

Theres a box with lightning powder in the burg, and dont forget two handing increases all weapon damage including plunging.

My dude!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Playing Dark Souls on a train, listening to Primus.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Brown Album or bust.

Pork Soda what was on at the time. Was killing to DMV.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Am I missing something about Stilt Town in Dead Cells?

Every enemy there has tons of hp, either teleports or has homing attacks, or turns into smaller enemies that teleport.

Each encounter I have to cheese, just so I don’t take a ton of damage. Seems to go against the whole “speed run type game” thing, that’s why I’m wondering if I’m missing something.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Lodin posted:

Are people really posting ancient Dark Souls memes? Well have the best one then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGov43YQvbo

This happened to me last week, in the exact same spot and way, while I was on a flight.

Switch owns.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Ugh, Jesus Christ thread. Now I am going to buy D3 when I get home.

It's pushing me towards it as well, but I think I'll go physical in case I bounce off.

I'm also just getting into Star Link.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I caved and got Diablo, have never played the game before. Is there a good "things to know for noobs article?"

Most of what I find is from the 2012 release and from what I have gathered from this thread, the game is extremely different now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Thanks for the tips! I've watched my brother play, but never tried to understand whats going on under the hood.

I'm starting as a Necro on the story mode. Figure I'll put like 3 hours in there, get the basics, and jump over to a rift or adventure mode.

Liking it so far.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I make my guac with spicy crushed up pistachios in it. poo poo is good enough to eat with a spoon.

Team Guac!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Is the Pro Controller a no-brainer? The battery life sounds great, but I never touched the Wii/Wii U equivalents and it's a little pricey. Then again the only other option I'd consider would be something super basic like the Horipad.

It's fantastic and you might be able to find a deal if you can wait. My buddy got one at Walmart for $50, and I got the Spla2n joycon for $60 during the same sale.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Guys this Diablo game is pretty fun.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I’m a Necro at level 11 in the D3 campaign and I cranked it up to hard but am still chewing through dudes.

Me and my skeleton army just bumbling around launching bone spears out of corpses, loving every minute of it.

I seem to be leveling up fast, so may bump up again.

Game is fun as hell.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Playing Diablo 3 on my Nintendo console, and that's a statement I don't think I'd ever make.

Game is a fuuuuuuuuuuuuckload of fun. Playing as a Necromancer and just using corpses to spike enemies one after another is just the most :allears: thing.
I can play D3 in bed as well. It's great :allears:

Not sure how the 'Gift for [Person on your Friend List]' works. Assuming I can only hand those out to people who have Diablo.

Thanks for the gift, a sent you one as well. Shortly after that I had a gift for another friend. Christmas is here early!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Licarn posted:

You know how you take an inflated balloon and rub it on the carpet to generate static electricity so it will stick to the roof, and also it gets hair and fluff from the carpet stuck to it.

That's what happened to that Jigglypuff.

I never saw Jigglypuff as covered in fur. I assumed it was just like a big balloon of skin.

Is Kirby covered in fine hair?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Zore posted:

Wigglytuff at least has always been described as furry

Gold Their fur feels so good that if two of them snuggle together, they won't want to be separated.
Silver It has a very fine fur. Take care not to make it angry, or it may inflate steadily and hit with a BODY SLAM.
Crystal The rich, fluffy fur that covers its body feels so good that anyone who feels it can't stop touching it.

I'm not protesting, I'm clearly wrong.

What I'm having trouble with is 20 something years of thinking about it a certain way and now the reckoning is upon me.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

How exactly does the co-op work in Let's Go?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

CYBEReris posted:

seeing the more goony side of the competitive scene pearl-clutching over the simplified mechanics has been pretty great. just makes it more authentically yellow with new stuff that's fun for family participation on top imo.

The only thing that sort of bums me out is that co-op really trivializes the game. I get why, you want your kid to be able to beat some trainers with a little help. But now I'm sitting here wondering if my girlfriend and I would just steam roll this game.

It would be cool if they allowed you to scale difficulty for co-op. Working together to chain elemental attacks would be rad. From the two write-ups I've seen it's just 2 vs 1, and you'll blow through the competition.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Macaluso posted:

So idk how all this legal nonsense works, obviously this couple cannot actually pay Nintendo 12 million dollars (I assume they aren't millionaires). What happens instead?

They’ll probably settle for a manageable yet still lovely 6 figure amount.

Also lol they had to turn over any Ninty hardware or games that they do own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I've never been a big MMO/RPG/RTS guy but I am absolutely loving D3. Makes me wonder if I've been unnecessarily ignoring an entire genre my entire life.

May have to look into watching some LP's of Civ 6 in preparation for it coming out on Switch.