Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Spoilers for people who don't feel like keeping up with the Smash thread; Ken and Incineroar are confirmed new characters, and Piranha Plant as DLC at some point. You read me right.

Piranha Plant is a free character if you buy the game at/near launch (like by Jan 31st). Then 5 more DLC characters will be made after.

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Kirby is canonically the most powerful character

It looks like it's gonna be Kirby vs Anime Thanos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Jackie D posted:

Are there going to be any good black Friday deals if I finally want to pull the trigger on getting a switch

The only one announced currently, I think, is Target's which is you get a Switch for the 300 it normally costs but you get Mario Kart 8 for free with it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Frankston posted:

Weren't there rumours of a Direct happening today?

Pretty sure the rumors were of a youtube app dropping today.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Like I said, I haven’t played them, but some like Ikari Warriors have bad reps due to their lovely NES ports. The arcade version is supposedly good.

The arcade version of Ikari Warriors is neat as gently caress because the top of the joystick is rotatable so you walk and turn your aim around with the same stick. Beyond that it's a fun little game that was totally made to eat your quarters.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

If he was so good why didnt he disable the phaser banks before they brought down the minefield?!?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Barudak posted:

Top of head bald, rest of body including face and hands covered in hair

I'M the star of Bayo 3?

Over There posted:

Did they ever start?

It was still more fun than SFV, admittedly a low bar.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Pokemon Let's Go Mudkip and Pokemon Let's Go Wobuffet

Pokemon Let's Go Snorlax and Pokemon Let's Go Sudowoodo. All you do is block people from passing all day.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

It apparently replaces the Safari Zone with a new area to get your Go Pokémon.

Even the ones that aren't Gen 1?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Who was everyone's main in ARMS?

I liked Min-Min's mid-air kick and her Chakram fists managed to throw off my opponents a lot in the handful of matches I played with her, though I imagine it wouldn't work nearly as well now with the hardcore ARMS community.

Master Mummy. Hes a giant mummy, had super armor and big fuckoff fists. Stagger a big fist with something faster and give em the ol' jab to haymaker all day.

ARMS wasnt perfect but it was dumb fun and id like to see what theyd do with an ARMS 2.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Everyone knows it's pronounced/spelled Numbchaku.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

How do you think I feel? OoT and I share a birthday. I wish I was only 20 years old though lucky bastard.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Heath posted:

What the gently caress?

Yeah I thought it was gonna be another one of those "Those geniuses did it again!" things but the only movement he does is his hat will disappear when he throws his hat. Still kinda funny to watch him leap after it like a plane stalling out but not worth going out of your way to get it if you don't already have the 9999 coins sitting around.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

Of course I have 9999 coins sitting around. It's like you people don't even play Balloon World.

About a couple of weeks or so ago I decided I was gonna get all the costumes that had come out after I beat the game. So yeah i've played a lot of Balloon World back to back.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wow that's pretty lovely. Maybe I'll just get the Ultimate Edition digitally somewhere down the line. I really don't want any more of the toys since they're not Starfox related.

I'm pretty sure you can buy the individual ships and weapon packs and pilots online. I don't think it matters if you have the game physically or not since after you dock them the first time you can just use it all digitally anyway if you use a regular controller.

EDIT: Actually maybe not. The little tag line above the DLC section in the shop says "Digital Edition is required to use these items." Hrrrrrm.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

So theoretically I could just find someone with all of the toys to unlock everything? The thing is I don't even know anyone with the game so it'll never happen, interesting to think you could just get all of the "DLC" that way.

Kinda bullshit I can't just buy the rest digitally.

Hey I know this was awhile ago but I fiddled around with it today and sure enough even if you have a physical copy you can just buy the rest of the poo poo you want digitally and it'll show up. I have no idea why it tells you you need the digital version.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I know its been said before but drat I hope a port or remaster of this is the next thing Sakurai works on. I loved it at the time and I really wanna go play through it again but I hesitate because I dont wanna wrassle with the controls.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Frankston posted:

It had the best 3D fighting game.

Thanks for mentioning Fighter's Destiny so I didn't have to waaaay later.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Nintendo is publishing it, so they're probably paying for its development so Wolverine will be a DLC character in Smash is what I'm getting at.

I would laugh real hard if Smash wound up with Wolverine and MvC:I never did. Hell I laugh at MvC:I pretty hard already.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Imagined posted:

It would be really weird if the PlayStation hurt Sony's share price that much considering isn't the gaming division like the equivalent of the pinky toe of that massive financial services and electronics and media company?

I cant remember what year it was but I remember seeing a breakdown of profitability of the divisions at Sony and the only other division to not post horrible losses (the gaming division made money that year) was their health care/insurance they offer in Japan. Which at the time was almost singlehandedly keeping the company in the black.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 6, 2019

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

That was a good rear end direct. I've gotta become un-poor again before Summer because that's a lot of stuff dropping all right next to each other.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Street Fighter V is great value if your fetish is bad mechanics choices and frames of delay.

Let me assist you here.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

gently caress yeah.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

I couldn’t get into it since most of their exclusives did nothing for me. Yakuza and Persona are dope though and I’d love to see them on Switch.

PS4 was my Uncharted box that became my Yakuza box. (Although King of Fighters exclusivity at the time sealed the deal for me.)

Switch is my Nintendo games box that also became my 'Indie games I ment to pick up 2 years ago but forgot till now' box. (As evidenced by me picking up Thimbleweed Park in that sale. Pretty good point and clicker till it kinda falls apart in the last 1/5th.)

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Astro7x posted:

You don't have to do this for the default ship/pilots/weapons that came with the game, only for additional toys.

Good to know. I bought physical back when it was on sale for 30 but bought the cloud guy ship and an extra weapon pack to get all the types digitally. Kept wondering why it never asked me to hook the physical stuff back up after awhile.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Your Computer posted:

I've had my Switch since 2017 and have never had any issues with the joycons (or anything else) and I've played with them exclusively since I only use it handheld. Not for lack of use either, I've almost exclusively played video games on the Switch since I got it.

With how much people are talking about having gone through fifteen joycons and stuff I guess I was lucky and got the secret indestructible ones :iiam:

Oddly enough unlike everyone else my right launch joycon was the one that developed the drift in it. At the very least it gave me an excuse to spend money on those sweet yellow joycons.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Rabidsamba posted:

Heads up for anyone else headed to Target for Xenoblade, mine had the Torna expansion for $20 not the full game. When I asked someone they checked their app and said the full game thing must have been a misprint. Not sure if that's just my target or what but figured I'd let people know.

Yeah looks like it as the Target website has the Torna expansion for 20 and regular Xeno 2 for 50. How was the Torna thing? Also was it separated enough you could play through it first without having played base Xeno 2?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

It's my daughter that plays Fortnite. Super swear.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

So I beat Mario Odyssey yesterday.

That ending sequence was loving badass, this game was just goofy as hell and I loved every second of it. Gonna take a crack at getting more moons, but we'll how long my patience lasts.

If you're like me you'll do some, then put it up, then in 6 months you'll feel THE ITCH again.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Foehammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rNzEpPLE0

Who is the magic goon that keeps wishing these things into existence?

This one is probably my fault since I popped my copy back in the other day to play through it again since I had pretty much forgotten most things about it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

sponges posted:

I love the N64 but the lack of any good rpgs and fighting games is a big mark against it.

Clearly someone has never played Fighter's Destiny.

We live and die by the point system!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

If you had to nickname your rear end one of the characters from smash bros what would it be

Jigglypuff.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Just unlocked the Gameboy theme, now to never play the game again.

You mean until they release the next event with a NES Tetris skin with the changing color blocks and Nutcracker music.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

American McGay posted:

I'll have to admit, even I was taken aback by the recent marketing push for Fire Emblem.

Bernie: I fight for my friends.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

They've just announced that Pokemon are real now and they've built pokemon centers to heal them at. Fascinating if true.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

WE'RE the reason you'll wake up in the morning. THE ONLY REASON!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

KingSlime posted:

game freak really is the most :effort: company ever and now they're just rubbing it in

Speaking of which

Pokedude: I don't know man we're calling it the plus plus or something.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I want to force someone I know to wear that Magikarp shirt.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

This is BIG news!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

Breaking of the Weapons

Paddling of the Swollen rear end! (with breakable weapons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Terry Bogard is all I wanted in Smash. They can close up shop now. He picked that invitation up and I saluted the screen like it was The Boss' funeral.

Kyle Katarn and Francis York Morgan are on my switch too and that makes me just as happy.