Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I never got the hang of the ice maze.

I did the boss time trials and tried to squeeze out the most efficient boss wins, but the ice maze is kinda lame because there's only one plausible solution for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

EMMI's are such fuckin bastards. Managed to git gud at repelling them but it's twitchy as fux. There must have been some specific note about making sure players pass through each area multiple times because lmao at how many times we have to load areas. I get winding through the EMMI zones a few times for a good scare, but the teleporters are a bit much.

Also gently caress those speed boost puzzles, their timing is too tight. There's like 5 of them in total and I had to look up one because I had zero reason to expect the ramp to return me to running full speed.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Stux posted:

you sound mad

I'm really not. I actually really liked the game overall, but there's no denying there's alot of returning to previous areas for no reason and gameplay ends up pretty linear with an appearance of exploration. There's a bunch of spots to get frustrated with, but that's probably for the best since it means there was a challenge. It can just be a bit lame to go through the effort of a speedblock puzzle for... +2 missiles, yay..

Hollow Knight still remains the best Metroidvanian game.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Why are you complaining about metroid dread as difficult in the same breath as Hollow Knight lol

I was unaware of the existence of shinespark puzzles in Hollow Knight. I was really hoping they'd take a page and have something like the Arena of the Gods or whatever it was called.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

hatty posted:

The path of pain is in the same ballpark as the shinespark stuff. You can ignore both but they’re fun the go through

I forgot about the path of pain. I was happier that way.