Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah, increasing resolution and framerate make it harder, but the fanciness of the rendering should only affect how beefy of a GPU the server needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I wonder why this technique doesn't get used more on even more powerful hardware to bake it look better than it actually is. Maybe it isn't really scalable

PS4pro games often do similar things to reach 4k resolutions without needing to actually render all the pixels every frame.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

Goldeneye with a modern control scheme (m/kb or dual analog with gyro aim) and a locked 60fps would probably be just fine.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

How can MH rise look this good and run this well? I'm legit blown away.

The RE engine is magic, that's how.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

I'm pretty sure the reason joycon sticks drift more than circle pads is because you can click them. They both use the same linear potentiometers, but clicking the stick puts more pressure on the graphite pads, and wears them out faster. I suspect this is why my launch joycons were perfectly fine until I got most of the way through Astral Chain, which frequently has you moving the left analog while it's pressed.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Nobody has ever modded a video games system for homebrew

I softmodded my 3DS so I could play randomized ds castlevania (using roms I dumped from my own game cards) and the MM3D fan patch. Does this not count as homebrew?

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

DS games on the 3ds look a lot better if you hold start/select when you launch them for 1:1 mode. The 240p screens just don't have the resolution to scale DS games gracefully.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Is there a metroid prime randomiser? That’d rule

Yes there is, and it's fun.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

homeless snail posted:

World's biggest sin is that they knew it was their one big chance to really expand the audience for those games, and they go hard at making it resemble a normal video game so you get long largely unskippable cutscenes with a lot of weird people talking at you, and that super strange setpiecy intro sequence. By the time you get out of low rank, and especially once you get into Iceborne most of that pretense falls away though

World also had a lot of boring, samey weapon designs, which was also fixed for Rise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

The Switch is doomed.