Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I'm planning on getting the nintendo switch in mid-august when the revision hardware is out, I plan of splurging on myself so the purchase list I'm aiming for is as follows:-

1- Nintendo Switch
2- Smash Bros
3- Zelda BOTW
4- Sega Classics Collection - Sega AGES Virtua Racing
5- a couple indie titles, Windjammers.
6- A wireless gamecube Controller
7- the upcoming 8bitdo SN30 Pro Plus http://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-pro-plus/
8- A big enough micro SD card.

I'm kind of debating whether to get mario maker 2 instead of breath of the wild, what do you guys think? What indie or smaller titles do you recommend? is Sega Classics good or is the emulation broken? The list is large so it's probably gonna be staggered between two paychecks but its been a while since I treated myself with a console, I think I haven bought a console since the Nintendo DS since it's been nothing but PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

man nurse posted:

Mario Maker is cool, but BotW is like a “god drat” level experience. Get that first imo.

yeah I think BotW is definitely the one, I tried it for a little bit and it blew my socks off, I'll definitely prioritize that.

acksplode posted:

Just get a Switch, an SD card, BotW, a good controller, and enjoy the next month+ of your life

yeah lol I'm a stinky smash boy at heart but definitely BotW by itself will more than tide me over for a while single player wise, I think down the road Luigi's Mansion 3 will be the next game.

I'm currently tied between getting a purple wireless gamecube controller that's officially licensed by nintendo (because I want to party like it's 2002 again since I'm a gamecube child and because it's the optimal smash controller, and I want to relive wind waker memories while playing BotW ) and the upcoming 8bitdo SN30 Pro plus for general gaming and retro stuff and because it's cheaper than a Switch Pro controller. I'll probably get both though so I can use the 8bitdo on my PC as well.

Man, I would kill for a new Wario adventure....

I really really wish I could get a switch with the blue and neon yellow joycons out of the box... definitely wont purchase them separately unless I can literally trade them in at no extra cost.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 18, 2019

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Spoken like a true coward, you're now the thread Luigi.

gently caress off, Luigi literally bested undead mansions twice and saved his brother mario and was an indispensable partner in several amazing RPG's he's a hero, I love him, he's a man comfortable with being afraid but never backing down!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

There's input lag in the emulation--it's not the best.

I would pick up the SEGA AGES titles you care about (all of them are very well done) and/or pick up the standalone Genesis Mini when it comes out in September.

ah ok, thanks for the heads up. if there's lag then that's definitely a deal breaker for me. I'll just buy some select SEGA AGES titles. I probably wont get the Genesis Mini because I cant justify buying two consoles. it was either going to be the switch or the genesis mini and I would rather have it all in the switch.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

FF7 is an incredible RPG from 1997 and that's exactly how it should be viewed. It's an Incredible RPG from 1997. much like how Chrono Trigger is an Incredible RPG from 1995.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Can someone give me nintendo's phone number? I've decided since an indie can make for them a rythm zelda game then I have a good shot at pitching a wario adventure myself.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

main site: https://developer.nintendo.com/
contact: https://developer.nintendo.com/web/development/contact

you are going to need a proven track record to get access to using licensed characters but I assume you have that if this isn't a joke post

My Track record?

*pulls out beaten old atomic purple game boy color with missing battery flap with a warioland 2 cart finished 100%*

THIS is my 'effin Track record.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ColdPie posted:

Digital Foundry is a cancer.

I think it's a perfectly fine and nice youtube channel that has perfectly interesting things to say, but I definitely agree that people who harp on and on about miniscule differences in frame rate should probably gently caress off and get a life.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I really loving hate nintendo's complete refusal to release any of their SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii stuff on the loving switch, it's literally the perfect machine I would gladly pay 40 dollars a year for nintendo online if they just let us have a bigger classic game collection.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Man I wish an HD version Quake would come out on PC-

" WHAT?!!! YOU MEAN YOU HAVENT BUILT AND CODED YOUR OWN LINUX MACHINE AND BUILT A QUAD POLYGON MESH VERSION OF QUAKE BASED OFF OF THE SATURN VERSION TO RUN ON IT?!?!?!"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

God dammnit nintendo tell us the release date for the switch revision I'm tired of calling my local gamestore every day like it's 1999 again to ask if it's out yet.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Did my Joycons a while ago but did the console today and moved the Pro Controller into a new SNES themed shell.

Wow holy poo poo this rules! I dont plan on touching my future joy-cons out of fear of accidentally busting them but man oh man I would love to try and turn my pro controller when I get one into that SNES themed shell, was is hard to do? is the Pro Controller fragile? is the plastic material good? where do I purchase this shell?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Zas posted:

I'm going to pay $60 for link's awakening. i'm a big believer in that game.

oh poo poo Links awakening is gonna cost $60? isnt that a bit much for a small nintendo remake game?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One of the biggest gaming heartbreaks I ever experiences was when I was really enjoying Disgaea on the DS and then they decided to hit me with the mega-grind wall that was so insurmountable I wouldve had to give up living to accomplish. I will never trust that series with my time ever again.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Literally Shaking RN waiting for the new battery switch to come out, it's out in hong kong and australia so it should be out in the wider world soon! cant wait!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

iddqd posted:

I really do hope we get a Switch Pro. I've thought a lot about how they wouldn't want to make a bigger switch because of the Joycon and dock size for compatibility. Just shrinking those huge honking bezels would be enough for me along with some added horsepower.

I think we're not going to get a switch pro for another year and a half, I think the battery upgrade switch is all we're going to get for now so that's why I'm getting it instead of waiting.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Imagine playing doom on anything but the PC with Brutal Doom slapped on.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

If nintendo actually does start releasing SNES games they've made the case for Switch Online and added immensely to the switch library.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

you're being very silly,

it's a hint that SNES games are on the way because the last time they released games onto the system they made NES controllers to go along with them so it's very reasonable to assume that these controllers are being made in the leadup to an announcement of SNES virtual library.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

How was this game?

it's a really good mario 64 game!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

yeah I'm pleasantly surprised FE is now making traction in the west, it's a shame that I'm buying the new switch sometime this month with smash and zelda so it's gonna be a while before I get around to getting Fire emblem.

I think the priority list for games in the future is:-

1. Luigi's mansion 3

2. Mario Maker 2

3. Fire Emblem.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 16, 2019

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

The Ion Fury devs have an open discord where they complain about SJWs and transexuals btw.

Ah poo poo there goes any willingness I had to support them or buy this game. loving alt right Pepe Nazis.

On a more positive note, Nintendo’s gonna have a big indie game showcase Direct in a couple of days, really looking forward to it!

https://youtu.be/yaFrSNsO1Mk

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Looking forward to the Nintendo Indie direct tomorrow, here’s hoping for some nice surprises!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Reality Sinner posted:

Does persona 5 count as an indie

I wish it did, I’d kill for persona 5 to be on switch :(

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the way nintendo treats it's classic games is a crime against art and against culture.

Every generation of gamers should have access to Mario Galaxy and Wind Waker, so that they can experience the magic and power behind gaming.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The first review of astral chain came out from famitsu:-

37/40

Really good sign!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy loving poo poo Astral Chain got the equivalent of a 10/10 on Eurogamer!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-26-astral-chain-review-a-platinum-plated-masterpiece

YOURE KILLING ME NINTENDO, FIRE EMBLEM & ASTRAL CHAIN TURNED OUT TO BE MASTERPIECES WITHIN A MONTH?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

If Deamon X Machina gets good reviews this pretty much seals the deal on the switch being the best console for Mecha fans

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I do not think it will. It was unfixable imo. They'd have to release a demo that really wowed me in the opposite direction to even consider it.

they made a big video where they took everyones input and fixed alot of stuff:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwUByr7woc

unless you're talking about the core gameplay?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

YO SAMSHO COMIN TO SWITCH

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/samurai-shodown-for-switch-launches-december-12-in-japan

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Man if only joycons werent absurdly expensive I'd gladly change the colors.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Inacio posted:

Just grab em from AliExpress. They release the shells for every official color there for peanuts.

oh thanks for the headsup. if I ever work up the courage to open the joycons I'll look into that

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

So the Night in the Woods guy is dead...

holy gently caress

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Shammypants posted:

An SNK fighter doesn’t make sense because it excites and interests absolutely no one. Well, maybe the small number of people who feel good about knowing so much about old school fighting games and everyone else is an imbecile who only likes modern games, ugh!

hey buddy.

Go to hell.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i would avoid Daemon X Machina until reviews are out, all signs are pointing to a game that's not that great.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

If the Direct is just a picture of a metal slug with a smash symbol for 40 minutes I'll just nut myself.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Overwatch is gonna be available tomorrow.
New Smash character (Metal Slug. 4 characters with 2 costumes each).
Release date for Bayo 3 (summer 2020).

this is the Ideal Scenario yes.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I firmly believe that nintendo should treat Galaxy 1/2 and Wind Waker as artistic legacies and make sure every loving console generation of children have the chance to experience those games, anything less is a travesty.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Mario sunshine is great you guys stop being insane and wrong. people only memed into thinking it's bad because the earth-shattering galaxy came out after it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

IGN tossed up some new impressions of Link's Awakening. Apparently it still has performance issues? That seems kind of insane.

isnt the whole point of a cutesy art style like that to take advantage of the hardware you have? that's nuts.