Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

there should be more NES games on this thing imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I'd be a little annoyed if it were anything other than just a Lite + joy cons with a real d-pad.

Only for selfish reasons, I just got a switch like a month ago

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I'm late but I'm genuinely surprised there are people still in the dark (heh) about dark souls.

I held off on getting the PS4 version so I hope the switch version isn't a mess.

I can't bother to find it but whoever said that darks souls 2 was better is a criminal. and that other guy having a meltdown about getting cursed is such a throwback.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

reports of the sound being low quality and visuals kinda murky are a little disappointing but I guess I can play dark souls at my gfs place so that's pretty neat.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

man why is Diablo 3 consistently the most expensive game for the Switch. even second hand it's around the same as brand new.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Sock The Great posted:

It was for sale on the eShop for $40 a few weeks ago.

hmm must not've been on the aus eshop.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I like gyro aiming in splatoon and Zelda. I tried it for a bit in warframe and I think it's neat, but the default aim sensitivity felt way off to begin with so it wasn't hard to improve it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I finished The White Palace. Hardest bit was gauging the length of the dash at the spikes that pop up and down. I wish playing in handheld mode was a little bit more ergonomic.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I hope the revision, if it's real, comes with 'meatier' joycons. the lil' buttons and analog stick are too dainty.

I held a PS4 controller for the first time in months and it felt insanely good after playing handheld only.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Imagined posted:

And if they really make a version that's not detachable they better make those analog sticks better than the pieces of poo poo on the drat joycons.

the wii u sticks felt better imo.

speaking of controllers, does anyone else have problems with their pro controller registering a left or right as up? I haven't got brutish ogre hands but it keeps happening.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

yikes, looks like wario now chugs VB and calls me a "fuarkin dog oval office" and tells me to "get that up ya guts". not too sure parents are going to love this new australian tradie version of wario but we'll have to wait and see

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

ahh I'm torn between getting diablo 3 or rebuying dark souls. Does DS run ok on switch?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I only recently started using the switch as a handheld and having portable dark souls is almost enough for me to buy it right now.

Realistically I'll probably end up owning both games at some stage.

A console has never made me feel compelled to rebuy so many games. I even considered getting skyrim again since I thought it'd be a cozy bed game. I don't even like skyrim

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I don't have 18 switch games

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Going back the the 4-way roll in dark souls is rough. also this'll be something like my 200th+ hour playing this game and I still can't get the black knight halberd to drop.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

KingSlime posted:

On the other hand, seeing how lethargic some of the bosses are is kind of weird, especially after coming off any of the we're-rich-free-cocaine-in-the-breakroom era titles.

Artorias used to feel fast, now he's just a regular early game sekiro grunt, speedwise

Yeah I've definitely noticed that. Still early game so far, but I remember those black knights being quite tough but now it's just an embarrassment of ripostes.

The slower pace makes all the weapons feel more brutal and the player character seem more "human". I'm happy that the world still feels dangerous even after playing every other souls game since. I've yet to play sekiro but I'm coming off of bloodborne and the hunter is a superhuman compared to the chosen undead.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Master Chief

I've said too much nvm

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

snes games on switch has got to be announced at e3 with like, smw and dkc released that week right. there's no way it gets to July and it's still like "here's festers quest and a mappy rom hack"

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

We'll get a year or two of Game Boy games first.

please...just no more nes games.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The Kins posted:

where's Quest 64 and Charlie's Blast Territory?

good question imo

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

BadAstronaut posted:

Thanks all. That link I shared was Australian dollars by the way, so $26.50 USD for 128GB can't be that bad, by Australian standards.

I paid 50 bucks for a 64gb sd card at JB like a year ago so if that card doesn't have any reviews that say "literally doesn't work with Nintendo switch" then I say get it.

just for curiosity's sake, how much is a 512gb sd card in the states?

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 9, 2019

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok so I’ve been playing BotW for a few days. I did Kakariko, Haetano, and I just finished up the Zora’s realm. I have all the zora armor and weapons and 5 hearts.

This game is really fun and seems super big. I really liked the sacred water elephant dungeon.

it really is one of the best games ever made.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Some of the enemies seem utterly untouchable so far. Like I died to the Centuar Lion with the Shock Arrows like 10 times before I was like “oh they are just scattered everywhere”.

this reminds me that I gotta turn off master mode. I like the remixed enemy placement and the floating platforms, but the regenerating health and complete lack of first tier enemies makes it just too much.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Torn between getting Valkyria Chronicles or Dragons Dogma. Gut feeling is that DD has more replayabilty.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

bowmore posted:

Get both

Mate...Yes.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Skyrim is like anywhere from 9-39 hours of great, would recommend to anyone, game. Followed by 1 hour of realising that it sucks really bad and the cognitive whiplash of it sours the entire experience, filling you with regret. or at least that's what happened with me.

My regret game is buying Farcry 5; I've yet to buy a game I regret on switch. Maybe Dark Souls since it went on sale for the PS4 immediately after I bought it and it was like twenty dollars cheaper there.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:siren:Ausgoons:siren:
All amiibo are $4AUD.

My god...

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

every time someone mentions Tetris I remember that I don't own puyo puyo Tetris and I what a mistake I've made.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Killer7 on switch announcement would whip rear end

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Altus dropped a trailer for P5R and P5 musou on twitter but that's about it.

How are there like a dozen switch games I want to play this year. I don't have time :(

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I need to get one of those joycons with a proper dpad man. Playing shovel knight is wack as hell without one.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

joycons are too clicky and firm. imo. It was okay in botw but I don't like how 2D games feel with it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Len posted:

From my anecdotal experience dataminers are typically finding things that don't happen

"Brave" was datamined since January and it turned out to be correct.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

The gold coin system is legit their best feature

I got hollow knight for free and that's a fantastic deal. I'm tempted to use it to get stardew valley for like 7 dollars.

this thread is cursed. reading it has caused my left joycon to drift

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 4, 2019

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I want d-pad

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The QTE's are fine and the checkpoints are generous enough that failing them makes them more comical than frustrating.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I've had my switch for a year and there are a few things im not clear on. can you have two simultaneous downloads going at the same time? Do downloads continue while I play something? Is it like the ps4 where putting the console in sleep mode makes it go faster?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Good Stuff.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

RE4 is harder than I remember. Maybe it's because I last played it on the Wi, which had super aiming.

My brain is still programmed to aim with the left stick. Can't do it with the right one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

hatty posted:

You can change it to the proper classic controls in the settings. You can even hit A to shoot

Oh yeah I totally changed it over. I've accidentally shot into the air a lot finding out that A and Y shoot.

Bloodstained looks really good. I hope the switch version gets fixed soon.