Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got a switch as a birthday gift! Time to install four games and play them forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Squinky v2.0 posted:

thats very specific, choose your 4 games wisely

Smash
Fortnite
Halo
Smash but a physical copy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Joking aside I'm thinking I'm going to get myself Smash, Mario XCOM, Mario Odyssey maybe, and a couple others. I may get Zelda but I played at a friend's and the weapon degradation bugs me a lot. Though then again I beat most of Skyward Sword using the sword as little as possible due to the malfunctioning motion controls so who knows!

Mario Maker 2 may be a buy too

e: Oh I lied the answer is Picross, good thinking

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If I get BotW I'll probably just beeline the master sword so I don't have to care tbh. I played an hour or two before, idk, I enjoyed it but there's just something about how fast everything breaks that makes me think it's all absolutely worthless, even knowing it's supposed to tie in to using other means of dispatching enemies. I always liked the 2d zelda more too tbh

Mario Odyssey is probably a grab too though yeah

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Smirking_Serpent posted:

No spoilers but unlike nearly everything else, you can not beeline the master sword.

Oh well lol ill just have to deal if I get it

I don't even have a problem with durability generally it's just so overbearing in botw from my experience with it so far

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want to bring the switch on the metro but I'm worried I'll drop it when it jostles. It's kind of unwieldy.

I need to get an actual controller too the joycons are awful feeling

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cojawfee posted:

Do you have a nerve disorder or something

Lol no it's just a bit weighty and the DC metro is a piece of poo poo, it's nothing about the switch itself

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol there we go, perfect

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't mind low fps as long as it's consistent

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BTW is a screen protector worth the price or not really

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks yall I'll pick one up, wasn't sure how resistant it was

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I caved and bought Zelda lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mister Facetious posted:

I hope you enjoy loading screens.

(It's still fun)

As long as it's not Sonic 2006 I'm okay :v:

It's not the prettiest game but the art style is great and I can tolerate its shortcomings for what it's doing. I think I just had a lovely experience trying with a friend's copy of Zelda.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It took three clubs, two sticks, and a woodcutter's axe to kill a blue bobokin for five fire arrows lol

I died three times :negative:

I should probably go to this blinking light now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh that's really good to know thanks, I thought any hit counted as a critical, not just a throw.

homeless snail posted:

Are you playing on master mode or what?

Normal, but one hit did 2.75 out of 3 hearts.

It went easier when I realized jump attacks with the axe would knock his shield out of his hand

E: it sounds like I'm whining but it was a fun encounter

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 8, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What is the framerate of reality

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Papa Bears a dumbass

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This Metroid controller I got looks classy with the bronze d-pad and trashy with the orange on the back lol, I love it.

quote:

Splatoon 2

Oh I knew I forgot to get something. Well I'll get it with Odyssey!

BTW it's not that surprising it doesn't any more but I thought the Switch came with 1 2 Switch? It didn't have anything packed in with it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Brother Entropy posted:

1 2 switch didn't come with the switch, you just likely thought it did because literally everyone on earth was expecting it to

Oh lol

Did it end up worth fifty bucks?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thank you so much for to ripping their guts

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I totally hit the goddamn baseball, loving lag

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mister Facetious posted:

Can someone please explain the intense love goons have for this game; I have it in the PS4, and to me, it's just average.
Like, I love the terrain destruction ( :rip: Return Fire ), and the 80s/90s action star references are enjoyable, but... enh?
What am I missing?

If you play co-op you do a screen-shaking high five that puts you into bullet time, and also you can flex your muscles

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mister Facetious posted:

Irl, or in game? Your wording makes it hard to tell. :v:

Flaunt em if you've got em

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's the one with the anime child sexbot right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol the korok leaf is the only thing keeping me alive in Zelda right now. Well that, acorns, and healing some on death every time (I hate that though).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Okay, BotW actually owns. Everything everyone uses is broken poo poo that kills Links or goblins in two hits and explodes, I'm roasting mushrooms and acorns by just dropping them in fire, I'm sneaking through woods, cutting down trees for cover and mobility, this is some Wildman poo poo. I love it!

Also I started a forest fire when the wind picked up and one of my roasted acorns caught fire and landed in some dry grass. Oops.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also the hero of time jumped off a cliff and died because I pressed sprint and not grab then got one shot by another goblin and now I have a RIP marking my shame

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

John Lee posted:

was literally listening to this song when I read this, it's a good song

I used to see if I could load in before the buttrock kicked in

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

American McGay posted:

You can also throw your metal gear at the enemy seconds before the lightning strikes for massive damage.

Metal gear?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Inzombiac posted:

Or just using a bunch of yellow jelly.

For new BOTW players. You can convert blue jelly to any other element by exposing the jelly to that element.
Toss some blue out on top of a mountain and BOOM, you got ice jelly.

Same for killing a ChuChu with elemental damage. It will automatically convert the jelly to that element.

What does that do?

Also I assume the answer is "yes" but is there a faster way to cook food then holding>dropping it one at a time?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PantsBandit posted:

Mario and Rabbids was a pretty fun game. It doesn't stack up to its direct competition (XCOM), but for half off it's worth checking out if you enjoy strategy games.

Also it just occured to me how incredible XCOM 2 would be on Switch.

I'm only a few worlds in but I'm enjoying it so far. It's cute!

The action economy leaning more towards dashes and jumps for setup than sprinting/overwatching is a nice change of pace from XCOM.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ColdPie posted:

There's a thousand interesting, fun, and varied games to play, don't waste your life on loving Diablo 3 and Skyrim.

Fus

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

Do not play Dragon's Dogma for characters and story

The story is backloaded and rad, because the story is generic garbage your character isn't invested in or really told all of because the real story is the first story doesn't matter, you're achieving apotheosis during armageddeon

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Heath posted:

Am I the only one who enjoyed the characters in Dragon's Dogma? They're not like Witcher fleshed out or anything but there's a lot of background lore happening there

The Jester is the bester

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Butterfly Valley posted:

Bombs for fishing, bombs for mining, bombs for logging, bombs for hunting, bombs for fighting, bombs for honey collection, bombs for puzzle solving, bombs for seal stunning

Bombs and arrows coming together to make something not quite as bad as the other

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bushisms.txt posted:

Can we make weapon degradation hot takes probatable? We get it, you'r inability to adapt has ruined the game for you, move on.

You can adapt and still think it's kind of dumb like me, the barbarian subsisting on acorns and grunting over the secret of forest fire

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mister Facetious posted:

How does liking weapon degradation make you a 'Nintendo diehard' when it's never been in a first party release until Breath of the Wild? :confused:

Weapons break in Fire Emblem

e: oh no my speed stat is too low

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Imagined posted:

It's April 2019 and I still need to share my opinion about weapon degradation in BOTW and furthermore fffffaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrtttttt

I got it five days ago

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

I broke my umbrella today so weapon degradation is real

Luckily you're holding a dozen more at all times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008