Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Any recommendations on a locking mechanism to keep the switch in the dock for Smash tournaments and stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Iron Crowned posted:

Have you tried not removing your switch from the dock?

I would like other people not to

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I saw that at a local last weekend but thought I'd ask here to get some second opinions.

Seems to be the solution. Thanks guys.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is there a way to customize the home menu with themes/screenshots or have they not added that in yet?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They havent, and the excuse is that the OS is something crazy small, like 300KB, in the name of raw speed

Okie dokie, that's kinda lame but whatever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TheScott2K posted:

Hope you like paying out the rear end

But I poop from there :ohdear:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tempura Wizard posted:

Nintendo please add a function where I can “incognito mode” certain games so people don’t know I’m playing said certain games. Thanks in advance.

Yes I know I can make an alt account and play it on that, but :effort:. I’m mostly joking and mostly need to not care if people see Minecraft or Yugioh in my play history, but it would actually be nice!

Edit: Wilmott’s Warehouse next week! I’ve been excited for this game since it showed up on Cool Ghosts. That’s a nice surprise!

Also Dicey Dungeons needs to be on this system like yesterday.

The ultimate alpha move is to have pantsu hunter on your dashboard and bring your switch to a smash local.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mahoning posted:

I’ve heard Xenoblade is cumbersome and confusing and I don’t wanna deal with that poo poo. I want like slowish gameplay that I don’t need to be making split second decisions. I want to whack the enemy with my sword, then let the rest of my party do their thing while I watch Family Matters on Hulu and then look back down at the game whenever I feel like it and cast a spell or some poo poo.

I thought turn based RPGs were so lame when I was a kid but now I’m feelin it.

I too love games I don't actually play.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is astral chain a switch exclusive?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It is indeed.

Neat

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No that's nier automata

You're thinking of rear end.dat

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SeANMcBAY posted:

Please make a thread for Astral Chain talk. I really want it but I can’t afford it now so I’m getting jealous.:smith:

Wuss.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

asecondduck posted:

Well here I go, buying Overwatch for a third time

Why?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t understand the people being like “Switch needs a better D-Pad for 8-directional inputs” when, like, the perfect little analog stick is right there.

Uhhhhhhh

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t understand the people being like “Switch needs a better D-Pad for 8-directional inputs” when, like, the perfect little analog stick is right there.

I just want to quote this incredibly dumb take one more time

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Those chocolate bars have a longer shelf life than anthem.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Viewtiful Jew posted:

There's a fine line before something crosses from "Hey that sounds like" to "Sounds too much like that" like, for instance...uhh....well this is an example I guess:

https://twitter.com/CapcomTaiwan/status/1171761813714681856

They seem really excited about cock and ball torture

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mega64 posted:

As the best opinion haver in this thread, it's my opinion that they should make a Link's Awakening 2 where Link dreams about making out with Tingle.

This may work because there aren't enough survival horror games

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is pretty janky looking but it works:

I bought a brookes converter to use my arcade stick on the switch, which works very well if anyone's wondering. Then I wondered if I could use my dualshock4 with it, and it works well wired. But I have a wireless dongle I got for the PC to not have to play wired and it works well on the PC so I figured I'd try it out on the switch. Well, it works. It looks silly but it works. So now I have a controller with a decent d-pad for the switch.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lodin posted:

How much would a converter and a BT dongle set me back do you think?

I suggest getting an 8bitdo instead. That setup of mine was just stuff I had already and wondered if it would work together.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Expect My Mom posted:

why do gamers post like this

Epic gamer Posting.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kvlt! posted:

i said gently caress it and pulled the trigger on LA. My first Zelda game! Gonna be fun. Tips?

Zelda is the girl
Link is the boy

Also Zelda isn't actually in this Zelda game (spoilers I guess)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Nah gently caress that, steal everything from everyone.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When you get to a certain point in the game, choose the ak-47 over the m16

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Don't hold Marins hand on the first date or else you'll get the bad ending to that story arc. Also make sure that Talim eats breakfast before his first mission

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Detective No. 27 posted:

But I won't be playing it on a bus, I'm gonna be playing it at home.

Is your home also a bus?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If you wanna get all the Shells you might actually

Look at this guy who doesn't know the secret seashell method

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine wanting to play a boring rear end old game with a fancy new skin when Untitled Goose Game comes out tomorrow too!

Imagine wanting

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I love to play old games after I put on some new skin. Makes me feel young again

It puts the item back on the shop shelf or else it gets the laser again

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hobo Clown posted:

Probably a silly question, but should I beat Metroid on NES before I start Super Metroid on SNES? I've never played either.

I know there probably isn't much of a story I need to catch up on, I'm mostly wondering if I'll appreciate the latter more after finishing the former.

Sure why not, go nuts.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It's funny because if you ask any Canadian that's been around a Canadian Goose for more then 30 seconds they will tell you those things are basically Satan's own spawn

Woosh

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Both

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Elman posted:

What makes DQ11 good? I think I remember trying the demo at some point yesterday but my brain tuned out after fighting the exact same Slime fight 4+ times in a row (that you could beat by repeatedly pressing A without looking at the screen).

Your boat is piloted by a pink leatherdaddy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

bbcisdabomb posted:

BOTW Zelda is one of those giant nerds who can't bring themselves to say a swear and blushes when she says so much as "heck". This will come to light to show her character progression when she calls Ganon a "pussy pig-faced fucker" right before the final battle, causing Link to blush just as heavily.

BOTW 2 will be tied for Best Game Ever with BOTW 1.

Link and Zelda are gonna frick in BOTW2

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zelda's gonna be awkwardly taking pictures with the shiekah slate

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If I want to upgrade my SD card can I just take the old one out and copy everything onto a new one with no issues?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I have money to spend on one game... do I choose Fire Emblem or Astral Chain.

Yes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Inzombiac posted:

God Eater 3 is only $36 right now.

Someone tell me it sucks so I don't have to get it.

It sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/luigi-amiibo-curved-to-hit-g-spot/