Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Has anyone bought one of the Hori compact stands?
I know the Lamicall folding stand is the one Jacs recommends, but I really want this Zelda one:

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Compact-PlayStand-Officially-Licensed-Nintendo/dp/B01A9UATJC

Yeah I have one and it does the job fine. It's a fairly sturdy piece of plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Feenix posted:

I really like Mega Man but gently caress that game it's such a rage-inducing piece of poo poo, even on Casual. gently caress it. I am over it. I don't need to feel bad because I can't navigate rear end in a top hat falling blocks and conveyor belts and annoying floating yellow things.

Signed: Someone who is obviously too old for games like that, I guess

I see a lot of Old Gamers doing well so it might just be you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lodin posted:

Seriously, those people should just buy a dirt cheap Chinese Android tablet.

I did, I bought a Switch

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Barudak posted:

It is every time you boot up the game and everytime you change modes after they swap maps.

It basically destroyed my will to play the game in a couple of days, and since it stalls you from singleplayer as well I lost interest in that too.

It is insane why don't they let you press a button to skip it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Volte posted:

Odyssey's motion controls are kind of finnicky though, especially the ones where you twirl your hat in a big circle,

I think there's one music note puzzle that requires you do this and I hated it. I couldn't get the analog stick alternative to work reliably at all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Spellman posted:

I *can't believe GameExplain made a 30 minute hopes and expectations video out of that Switch rumor that algorithmically popped up on my Google news feed

They really Explained the Game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

A friend of mine added me to their family plan, but my Switch says I'm not part of Switch Online. Any ideas?

Sounds like you're not part of your friend's family

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hammer Bro. posted:

You haven't been to a "modern" corporate office, have you?

First they got rid of the walls on the cubicles, so everyone could see everyone else's screen in the direction they were facing, and more importantly (especially in a shop that has both software engineers and client directors), everyone can hear everyone else's conversations.

Then they decided that that was too humanizing so they put everyone on a long trough with interchangeable workstations because nobody really needs a customized environment or personal effects.

I think the next thing we're attempting is putting people back-to-back in the same cubicle. I'm looking forward to playing the hand equivalent of footsie whenever we both decide to stretch at the same time.

None of the justifications for productivity are real and the reasons are all 100% related to management keeping an eye on their employees

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

As a Nintendo player encountering it 47 years after the rest of the planet, I am upset that Dark Souls does not respect my child, myself, or Father Time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The worst part of Dark Souls is they put the save points AFTER the hour long anime cutscenes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

"you shouldn't have dressed like you wanted to get cursed you loving slut"

Oh my god you did not just do this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ptarmigans posted:

No, he'll be impressed and then cut you the same deal as usual.

This game doesn’t seem realistic at all

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KingSlime posted:

I've never heard of "busy work" being used like that in that context, or of these "code words" hidden within reviews. On the other hand, games padding their content with chores is a really common occurrence.

That said I want to hear some homegrown amateur impressions too!

One man’s busy work is another man’s hundred hours of content (collecting feathers)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s pronounced mah-tay

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BOTW's weapon durability mechanic is about as well-thought-out as its cooking

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psylent posted:

I played the poo poo out of Diablo 2 back in the day, but never bothered with D3.

How's the single player portion of the game? Not too bothered about playing online.

The story sucks but you might as well play through it once before moving on to Adventure mode.

Playing with other people is definitely not necessary to have a good time in any case.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Both well worth your time play DS before 2 so you wont miss quality of life improvments.

I went 2 -> 3 -> 1 for my playthroughs and I was surprised to find DS1 totally fine without all the nice stuff the later games add

But yeah I wouldn't recommend anyone else do that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dark souls is a metroidprimevania or a 3d knightlike for short

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

PC crossplay would be tough because the console versions have a dodge roll move, skill changes, and a reduced enemy count to make gameplad play feasible. I wish they would bring the controls to PC but they probably won't at this point.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

This is some peak gamer nerd poo poo right here.

You're not allowed to come up with your own red text avatars

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Your Computer posted:

and they have clarified that they are working on multiple projects.

diablo immortal and diablo 3 switch are probably the "multiple projects"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ROJO posted:

So, I played D3 back at release and again after RoS, but pre-necro. I started a necro for fun to check it out, and I'm having fun throwing corpse arrows at everything. Can someone explain seasons to me? Seasonal characters revert to regular at the end of each right? Is there any reason not to make a seasonal character? Am I missing anything if I do? Or am I totally misunderstanding what seasons are?

No there's no reason not to do a seasonal character. The only hang-up is that if you have a regular character you've put a lot of time in you can't do the season with them, which also means you can't play the same character across multiple seasons.

Trying to improve your character once you're deep in the realm of diminishing returns seems insanely boring to me so I'm good with restarting for the new season goals.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

Man you sure did own those imaginary posters.

Nah there were a couple guys like that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

b_d posted:

I been playing diablo 3 on here.. I played it on pc when it came out and a little after they added adventure mode and took out the RMAH, but I don’t think I got the necromancer. necro rulez. starting in adventure mode instead of the story also rulez. I plan to play through the story eventually but man .. it sucks so much.

i don't know why you would every play a necro build that didn't maximize the number of little buddies hanging out with you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kashuno posted:

How is Diablo on Switch? I haven’t played D3 since the RMAH still existed but I’m tempted to pick up again

e; I should read up

Perfect port except for tiny text that’s hard to read in handheld mode (but you barely have to read anyway)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Taear posted:

It's not as good as Grim Dawn or Titan quest and you can get Titan Quest on the switch.
They've sort of kneecapped the character development and how your character changes is quite boring. The actual gameplay is fine but I enjoy the character building and it's a real shame that it's so blah.

I've got a question for D3 though - surely there's a way to cast town portal? If there is I can't find it anywhere and it's getting increasingly frustrating!

Just press the right dpad button

You can look up the controls in the game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Corpse Lance > Corpse Explosion

(Cause you can send a golem out to make a pile + skeletal mages leave behind a corpse = EXPLOSION OF SPIKES)

use Land of the Dead to get ~infinite corpses~

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Hey so gently caress Nintendo.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-11-13-husband-and-wife-must-pay-usd12m-to-nintendo-for-running-rom-sites?__twitter_impression=true

They're only going after them to drive up sales of their Classic consoles.
Same reason we will probably never see a VC on Switch.

lmao congrats nintendo for ruining the lives of people for offering chrono_trigger(J).smc and immediately taking it down when told

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

*pushes glasses up nose*

well actually corporations are legally mandated to be insanely, viciously litigious beyond all reason and no I can't explain why some are way worse about it than others

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm not embarrassed. :colbert: I don't know anybody who solo'd them first time who didn't resort to some kind of bizarre cheese to win

Hello

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My first impression of Warframe in handheld mode wasn't very good. The camera movement seems really unfun and imprecise - I felt like I could only make rough movements up and down or side to side and not smoothly in any direction. I'll fiddle with the settings some more and try again.

I'm glad they let you turn off all the graphics options that make the game muddy and blurry. It's a huge pet peeve for me when ports don't scale the menus and UIs for portable mode, though, and you can't fix that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Doesn't the Pro controller have the full set of motion controls? Why would they do that?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

surf rock posted:

Do folks here feel that a screen protector is a necessity for the Switch? I never ended up getting one for my Wii U and that screen is fine after years of use. I don't really have any history of dropping handheld devices or scratching them up. But, I know that some screens do get scratched really easily, so I'm not super-opposed to the idea if that's the experience that people have had.

If so, is there a go-to screen protector that people like?

The amFilm glass protector is great and only like $8 for two.

I never drop my things and I usually end up getting some fairly noticeable scratches on them just from using a cleaning cloth that somehow got a piece of grit in it. Screen protectors aren't invulnerable but they're sure as poo poo a lot easier to replace.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

"Like a good Sonic game if you ignore the story" also describes the better Sonic games

That describes none of the Sonic games

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elderbean posted:

I think it would be more enjoyable if they trimed the fat a little.

enemy to titty

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Leveling up to 70 the first time only took me a few hours, but I got stuck at around Torment 5 difficulty getting tiny incremental upgrades that burnt me out on the game. Guess I won't be finishing all the goals for this season.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I wish the handheld experience didn't seem like dogshit about 1/3 of the time on 3rd party games

Like cmon guys at least scale the font size up a little bit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Harlock posted:

What's the consensus on Everspace. Comes to switch next week?

Yep, comes to Switch next week.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah don’t act like 3rd party seller prices on Amazon are the norm for Nintendo games. Pop in to a Walmart and it’ll be regular price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Amazon and eBay are the only stores where that happens lol