Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Oh poo poo, no wonder I'm not loving any girls in the airport, I don't have a Switch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Steam Deck looks interesting but I'm doubtful about Valve's ability to support anything other than Steam for a long period of time. My main issue, however, is what kind of gaming I want from a portable console. I want to say I want a more powerful portable console, but I really just want a more powerful Nintendo Switch, not PC games on the go. Hopefully the Steam Deck is popular enough that it pushes Nintendo, but I'm doubtful the audience for a powerful generic portable gaming device is large enough to make the Steam Deck enough of a success for Nintendo to take real notice.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Shammypants posted:

We've been over this before but the entire Nintendo library can theoretically be played on this device and even some versions that have upgraded graphics and performance. What is it about the Switch that is so unique if not the games?

Nothing, but the games are the only thing that matter to me in this equation. Better performance means nothing if I don't get the Nintendo first party games, and those are the only games I care about in terms of portable gaming, or at least full price portable console gaming.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Hammer Bro. posted:

Wait, a proper 1/8" analog jack?

'cause I've got some beef with everything-over-USB-C combined with not-all-USB-Cs-are-created-equal.

I miss when the compatibility of devices was determined by whether or not things physically fit.

Yes. And if you can find a 4a 5g for cheap, get that since the 5a is literally the 4a 5g with a tiny battery increase

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I said come in! posted:

So I got an update finally on my Switch OLED, the FedEX barcode on the shipping label cannot be scanned, causing a large delay. I can't even be frustrated with this, because I work in online retail dealing with inbound shipment issues, and so I know how common this issue actually is and how it can completely screw up an order and delay it for a long rear end time. Just really hoping it gets fixed this week. :negative:

At least you have one in the pipeline somewhere, I'm an idiot that thought preordering with Walmart meant something