Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My partner got me a switch lite for my bday so hello new bookmarked thread.

Today I said gently caress it and went to amazon for a case, a USB charger (the gently caress nintendo, why is there only an AC adapter) and diablo 3. I did this with very little research so I hope d3 is good.

Tried a couple of demos last night too, octopath and oni, neither are really grabbing me despite both looking great. I do appreciate the freebie versions being available though, I wish every title had that option but eh. Does the nintendo store have a refund option if you're under 2 hours or whatever like steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

jackhunter64 posted:

It's the same as the OG Switch, wall plug on one end and USB C on the other. I assume the poster means a separate wall charger and cable setup that most phones and tablets come with now.

Yup that's what I meant, only comes with a wall plug. Not the end of the world, just thought it was a bit odd. I already have a couple of usb to usb c leads but they're all very short so I bought a 6ft one

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Waltzing Along posted:

Why buy a switch lite, put a grip on it, and make it bigger than a normal switch? I feel like I am missing something here. I though the point of the SL was that it was smaller.

Lite is around £150 cheaper

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

deadly_pudding posted:

I finally checked out Dauntless. It's not bad???
It's kind of basic, though, very Numbers Going Up.

I've played a bit too, I wish there was something to do other than go to island and kill big monster. Maybe some smaller monsters to also kill. Maybe special NPCs to find and rescue, idk. The system for getting better gear is super boring though - build the base armour set then upgrade in tiny increments.

It does have its moments though, you feel pretty kick rear end when you hammer shot a shrike in the face mid flight to drop it to the ground.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I cant stop playing darkest dungeon, send help

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah I often look longingly at warframe on the store. I want to play it on switch but like hell I'm going to start over. Game is grindy

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I picked up botw and upon starting realised I should have grabbed it immediately when I got the switch. drat it's good.

Having to retrain my RPG brain. Keep busting out the big weapons all the time and then tell myself no, I don't need this flaming sword to dispatch these crappy little goblin dudes, just use a lovely stick spear. Does feel great when one is about to break so you just hurl it into their face

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Huxley posted:

Take off your metal armor and stow your metal weapons!

e: I feel like this is one of the first big ones a lot of people encounter when they go a little galaxy-brain over "oh wow, that actually DOES that?" And there are a LOT more of these in your future.

Ah man I sold my cloth bits. Oh well, sure I'll find something else.

Also those shark dudes are kinda dicks. I was running round looking for shrines and whatever and like 4 of these guys keep bugging me to go see their prince. I know it's open world and I coulda just fast travelled away and back whenever but I felt compelled to run up that long pathway full of electric assholes. That wizard thing at the end was a right pain. The whole way along prince fishboy is just swimming in the river shouting at me

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I just keep climbing mountains and then I see another mountain I wanna climb

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm on a switch lite, discovered a couple of gyro puzzles, tried for 5 mins before just giving up in frustration. Guess I'll give that lie on bed upside down trick. Preferably when I'm home alone

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Does this actually happen or it just something people say on internet forums?

Have you ever played a MOBA

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Real tempted to buy skyrim even though I know its poo poo. Stupid sales. Looks like it's just the base game though, no expansions?

How long do these sales usually last anyway

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Mutant year zero has popped up on sale, 40% off. I remember this piqueing my curiosity when it came out on steam but forgot about it till now.
Anyone tried it?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
God damnit I caved and got skyrim. I've barely even started botw, what am I doing.

At least I also scooped up doom 1 and 2

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ah man I just got my first ancient arrows in BOTW and ofc there is a guardian hanging round outside to try em on.

My face after: :stare:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Good to hear about xcom2 coming. With the new ones I only ever played the first one on a phone port which I enjoyed well enough. When I got the switch recently I was a bit disappointed to not see any of the titles on there.

Now they could really make my day by announcing terror from the deep

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Lockdown made me purchase children of morta. At least its 33% off

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I remember finding my first korok seed, I had climbed to the top of this big mountain and there was a rock on top. Naturally my thought process went 'bitchin, I am totally going to pick this up and hurl it off the top of this mountain'. So I grab it and theres this little dude who gives me a seed! It was such a delightful moment

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
When will nintendo sack up and do the right thing

That is port might and magic 7 for blood and honour

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I just picked up Divinity OS2 and already have a serious case of reroll-itis. Does anyone know if it gives an option to skip the tutorial ship if I start again?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Speaking of the newer western RPGs that have been doing well lately, I picked up divinity OS2 and was a bit apprehensive about how it might be for switch lite but it's totally fine. UI is perfectly readable, controls work well enough. Game is also awesome

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
They should release wip3out on the switch so I can go 'huh cool' and think about buying it but never actually doing so. Maybe they did already idk

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Rogue trooper redux is 66% off so I picked it up. For those of you who know it, hey lookie it's cheap. For those that dont, it's a surprisingly good single player shooter. I grabbed it on a whim years ago on original xbox expecting nothing and had a blast with it

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Once I gild my rattleguts I'm calling it persona non grakata

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I picked up dead cells as the game + dlc is pretty cheap right now, played an hour before starting dinner and wondering why I didn't pick it up immediately after getting the switch. I dont even really like these kinda games but holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Its ok to like or not like a game, can we not have thesis dropping please