Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

So how do the multi-Switch tablet mini games in Super Mario Party? I'm assuming both Switches need a copy of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

hanyolo posted:

Lost 3 hours here if it makes you feel any better doing the same thing, if I didn't buy it digital I would have rage quit and returned it

Well, I feel slightly less like a dummy now. I was just about to face Lt. Surge two nights ago and was real excited to sit down and play for a couple of hours after dinner. Apparently the last time I saved was in Veridian with four low level Pokemon, so I basically have to start completely over. I turned it off and watched TV for the rest of the night :shrug:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Just chiming in to say that I really fuckin' suck at Wargroove, although I knew I would coming in because I really sucked at Advance Wars too. But it's still plenty of fun!

I played a little bit of arcade and just dumped money into Golems. The Golem animations are hilarious because it's just one strong bitch-slap. Which makes it very satisfying when the enemy commander has been wrecking all of your poo poo until you stomp up with a Golem and bitch-slap them into oblivion.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

THE loving MOON posted:

I was really surprised by how complete tecmo bowl is as a lowly new football game. it's fun

Tecmo Bowl is fun as hell. Most of my friends are huge football fans, so Tecmo Bowl always comes out almost every weekend and we'll play a few games and it gets pretty heated.

One of my non-Switch-having friends really sucked when we first started playing, but now he always wants to play because he pretty much always stomps everyone :3:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Dark Souls is around $28 right now.

Resist the temptation, Chosen Undead!

Where? I just looked at it on the eShop like two days ago and it was$40. I was trying to decide between Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma.

P.S. my Switch is a launch unit and I haven't had a single issue with my joy-cons, and I've never had to clean out the joysticks or anything. :smug:

Except I dropped my Switch once and it landed directly on the bottom corner of the attached joy-con and one of the rail clips or whatever got a tiny chip in it when the joy-con flew off, and now it'll pop off the rail if you exert pressure on it. :saddowns:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well drat, looks like I'm using this Amazon gift card to buy an eShop card.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I bought Virtua Racing online at work yesterday so it was ready and downloaded when I got home, but a storm hit right when I left work and knocked the power out for the entirety of the night. <:mad:>

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The new arcade by me has 4-player linked MarioKart and a Luigi's Mansion game.

But they won't issue new cards for their new Initial D or Wangan Midnight games :argh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

drat it goons, I haven't bought a new Switch game besides Goose Game for months and was all excited to go pick up Switcher 3 and Luigi's Mansion 3 this week and you're all making me second guess my decision :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I ended up buying Switcher 3 last night, but could only play for a little bit, and still plan to buy Luigi's Mansion 3 tonight.

Can someone explain this weird rear end card game to me? The idea of a region-wide card came where you can earn or collect playable cards seems kinda cool, but from the tutorial match with the scholar it just seems like "throw down a bunch of cards until your number is bigger and then skip your turn to win." :confuoot:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Speaking of Witcher, can someone tell me what the gently caress killed me the other night? I was running from the haunted manor I was supposed to clear out for some lady in Velen and ran into an ambush of wolves. Before I could really even attack them some huge shadowy figure thing zipped behind me and I backed off to see what it was. I barely caught a glimpse of it, but I saw that it was level 20 and tried to run the gently caress away but I didn't get very far and whatever it was smashed me dead with a giant gnarl of roots or something.

Also I really hate how their attempt at rustling branches in the wilderness just sounds like bones snapping and cracking constantly.

E: Oh yeah, does Human Fall Flat have cross play? I wanna play online with a friend who has it on Xbox, but I'm not buying it if I can't.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

yah its more the general clunkiness

but trying out this alternative option :worship:

e: wait on switch maybe is it just mainly swapping the b and a button? :thunk:

can't tell if movement changes really

I think what others said about making him more responsive is what this does, but I honestly didn't really notice much when I changed it over. It still kinda sucks but I've mostly gotten used to it. The only thing that really trips me up consistently is how long or unresponsive Geralt takes/is when drawing his sword, especially when he's switching from steel to silver or the other way around. I've taken a ton of hits when I suddenly find myself in the midst of a group of monsters with my steel sword drawn and I have to switch.

Also I've not had a crash yet I don't think, although I did have to reload a save and lose some progress because I talked to someone while I was on Roach and then after that I couldn't do anything but move around on Roach. I couldn't get off of Roach, gallop/sprint, draw a sword or crossbow or access the map/quest/character menus. I could only access the options menu where I was able to reload my last save.

Lodin posted:

Anyhow, I'm posting because I just got an email from Double Damage and if everything works out Rebel Galaxy Outlaw will hopefully launch sometime in March. The game is basically done and now it's really all up to Nintendo and Sony, but it doesn't seem like either one can hamper the others launch date.
If it does run as well as in the video from December I'm deffo picking it up again. I just hope they include some form of ship painting even if it's limited. It's my favourite game from last year and easily the best easy going Space game since Freelancer despite some pretty bad level scaling. And I'm not counting Elite Dangerous since that's way more of a sim.

What's the gist of this? I think I've heard of it but I don't know much about it, and I've always wanted to play a chill space game where I can get my own ship fly around space doing jobs in my ship. I can't really watch an hour of gameplay footage at work right now :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

I enjoy the witcher 3 jobs where I get to peacefully deal with rock trolls instead of doing a murder

they seem nice and friendly and id be buddies:shrug:

It pretty much took me until right outside of Novigrad to realize how witcher contracts work, because the first notice board I really looked at just had all random notices and no witcher contracts on it so I thought they were just there for flavor or whatever and never looked at them again. Now that I realized I'm dumb and started doing witcher contracts, I feel like a bad Witcher because I always opt to resolve it without killing the monster in question if possible :3:

Rosalind posted:

I beat Witcher 3 this weekend. I found it amusing that the final boss gave me less trouble than the time I encountered 2 bears and a few wolves. I've been trying out Thronebreaker but I'm learning that I'm very bad at Gwent despite my MTG and Hearthstone experience.

Gwent still both confuses and annoys the gently caress out of me. I WANT to play it but I just don't get it. I feel like I'm doing something really wrong because I get the poo poo kicked out of me and then the AI still has a ton of cards left to play and I don't. I did get to feel smug the other day when the barkeep laid down weather status that nerfed the gently caress out of my Long Range and Siege cards I had laid down, and then I had to pass because I ran out of cards. So instead of passing and winning, the AI played a clear weather status card and then passed, allowing me to win :v:

I have found one thing that REALLY annoys me about this game relating to the controls. Whenever you're in a dungeon and there's one of those giant cisterns that you usually have to dive into to progress, I can never position Geralt to be able to loot whatever chest or body is inevitably hanging out at the bottom.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Okay can I seriously still not play Toads Rec Room games online? Let me play Mario Party Baseball with my friends Nintendo :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I hit a hole in one on a par 3 online to pull ahead and eventually finish T1, :feelsgood: