Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

No. 6 posted:

I just wanted to say that I hate being forced to use motion controls. They've always been poo poo and the controls in Mario Party suck.

Counterpoint: mashing A or wiggling a stick to shake up a can rather than vigorously masturbating thin air with a Wiimote would have sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Does anyone else have issues with Switch Wi-Fi? Sometimes the signal is weak as hell and I've got one red bar no matter who I play agaibst, sometimes it's great. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to which I get

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The real dark horse of my Switch has been Letter Quest Remastered. I bought it on sale, played it for a bit. When I visited my friend in Canada with the Switch he instantly focused on Letter Quest. Then as a result I got back into it.

Now my partner is playing it. I've lost my evening Switch time to her because she wants to play fuckin Letter Quest while I sit here playing Two Point Hospital on a laptop like a chump.

Speaking of, Two Point Hospital...perfect for the Switch? I dunno. But certainly Theme Hospital also went to the PS1

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

b_d posted:

dr willy... lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Cancel Europe instead and make it East America, everyone wins

Post-Brexit UK will already be clamouring to be this

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I may finally submit to going wired when Smash comes out. My Switch and router are both in the same room but complete opposite corners and it's the longest room in the house. This is apparently enough to make my connection spotty as poo poo

Would any old LAN/USB adaptor and cable do the trick?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
How's the Switch version of Warriors Orochi 4?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
So Diablo 3 is out soon. Somehow I've never played a Diablo game but if Nine Parchments was extremely my poo poo I presume I'll like it? Mainly in it for the couch co op

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

I can finally play Warriors Orochi 4 in English. So far, I'm just in the earlygame. At least I have Tamamo to play with.

Are you playing on Switch? How's it hold up? I asked earlier and only got one reply with an "apparently it runs bad", I am keen on first hand testimony

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
my favourite anime titty game

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Torna is DLC but you can buy it standalone. It doesn't need the base game but also doesn't come with it.

You can also buy the base game and then buy Torna on it digitally via the Expansion Pass.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Been thinking of getting a LAN/USB adapter + ethernet cable in preparation for Smash. Are they all created equal or are there some I should aim to get/avoid?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

il serpente cosmico posted:

The only good Xeno* game is the original Xenogears. Throw the rest in the garbage.

If it makes any difference to you, a good WiFi network should only add ~2 milliseconds of ping. You might consider saving your money

My WiFi is good, it's the Switch that's the issue. When it's good, it's good, but sometimes it's just poo poo. I dunno if it's distance or what but when Smash comes out I'll want it to work consistently

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
They offered a demo for Smash 3DS. Though I feel like they would've done so by now if they were going to

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

asecondduck posted:

Wait wait wait they took the previous move (which was just G&W with a torch) and added a feather and loincloth?

The gently caress were they thinking?

They've added a lot of extras to all of his moves to closer represent the original Game & Watch games. So he's not always the same expressionless outline, they've added faces and things.

Unfortunately, the game the torch came from was racist. But yeah its not like they just spontaneously decided to make the move turn him into a Native caricature out of nowhere, it was a misguided attempt to add more authenticity

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Cock and balls don't outrage me; hell, I welcome them

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The adult games industry has pitiful representation in Smash

I would like the next newcomer to be A Whopping Great Cock

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Greninja's scarf has always been a gross concept but...when you can see the taste buds...

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Let's talk about Switch games in the Switch thread!!!!

I'm playing LA Noire. Passed me by when it first came out and had absolutely no intention of buying it but it was a gift. It is alright although I'm currently in Dead Tits Hell. The last several corpses were all naked women. Is that dedication to a Black Dahlia reference or is it the game being creepy, who knows???

Mainly I want to beat this game because it's taking a big chunk of my SD card despite being a physical cart

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Despite being an RPG, Undertale probably won't be friendly if you need slow pace. The battle system involves a lot of quick movement and reflexes

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Feenix posted:

My kid in the car seat would be operating the ball.

Gross

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I feel like my Joy Con batteries are running out faster than they should. Been mostly playing LA Noire which makes heavy use of rumble so don't know if that's causing it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
So my Switch is now wired via ethernet, what are the chances of playing Smash with Americans and the experience being even remotely tolerable

Edit: I'm in UK, lol

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 28, 2018

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The spectre of Michael Jackson continues to loom over Sega every time they even glance at Sonic 3

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
God drat that Toejam & Earl trailer has taken me back a couple decades. Want

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Imagined posted:

I've been playing online multiplayer games since the late 90s, starting with Tribes, Q3A, UT99, etc. Rarely do I ever get mad or take it too seriously.

Except, for some reason, Rocket League. That game has me raging and cursing at the screen like the biggest stereotype of a toxic gamer. I yell at everyone. My team, my opponents, and especially my dumb idiot self WHO CAN'T loving HIT THE BALL WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU rear end in a top hat IT'S RIGHT loving THERE.

Why does this game and only this game affect me this way, and why do I love it?

smash is the only thing that does this to me. i can go from 1st to 12th in mario kart following successive shells and be all "well drat that sucked, oh well"

whereas i've had to take breaks after particularly tense for glory matches

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What am I missing with multiple references to Fat Heads?

looks like we got a fat head over here

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Didn't Brosephine get banished from this thread

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I got Diablo 3 for Christmas. I believe I read in this thread that there's a season component to it which would require both me and my partner to have Online for our accounts to do co-op online? Unlike, say, Mario Kart, where only my account needs the online subscription.

Mainly my question is: is there enough there for us to enjoy then if we don't both have online?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Argue posted:

This could be entirely due to the mix of people I'm hanging out with but I'm on vacation with about 16 friends and I'm shocked at what a huge hit Mario Tennis turned out to be (there's a storm so all our plans to beach and island hop were cancelled and we're all just holing ourselves up in a big house). Yeah, they had fun with Smash and Mario Party for a bit, but they haven't stopped playing Mario Tennis since last night. They were playing it for several hours last night past when I went to sleep at midnight, and they've been playing it for at least 4 hours today and haven't stopped yet. And there's an even mix of gamers and nongamers who are way into this, so it's not just the competitive people (although the nongamers have also suddenly gotten incredibly competitive over this). And now they're making plans for a tournament/drinking game.

I don't know if it'll be like this for the rest of you but I think my group's found our ultimate party game.

I was going to post about my evening yesterday before I went to sleep but couldn't be bothered. Basically this. Went to a friend's new house for the first time, 5 of us in total, he got a Switch for Christmas so I brought mine too. Briefly played Fifa on the Xbone (which I'm poo poo at) then a bit of Mario Kart and then an evening of non-stop tennis doubles. I brought Mario Tennis on a whim just to have options and expected to just say "also there's this I guess, lol" but they couldn't get enough.

Did a fair bit of Big Ball swing mode also. And got way too into challenging when the ball was in/out

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

When you guys do this do you do simple or standard?

We're six at the moment for New Year's, and the group is mainly non-gamers, but it could be nice to have as an option.

On the other hand, not to brag, but I need to learn how to dumb my skills down convincingly enough when playing against my far less proficient friends. Mario Kart is simple enough because it's a challenge and fun for anyone to just be in any position (as long as it's not dead-last), but the battle modes can't be done. Smash I can manage when we do large timed free-for-alls with at least 3 to 4 people. When on 1v1 my friends get discouraged way too fast, even when I decide not to use a single item myself, I don't dodge or shield just run in and attack. In Tennis I try to just stay back and hit long steady strokes down the center, I personally try to see how long I can keep a rally going. But eventually people catch on that I'm not "trying" and get on my case so I try and just beat them down because I've spent years playing these games compared to them. So they get frustrated and refuse to play. I'm not really sure how to make it palatable for everyone.

I realize this is the biggest non-problem since it's fine if we just sit around and talk too.

My group included two people that actually play tennis so they were keen on simple. I dunno if the trick shot/special stuff might be too much for non-gamers. Unless you maybe work them up to it after a few rounds of simple.

Incidentally the Jackbox stuff would be perfect if your friends don't game much, I presume you've already considered that though

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Is Lego Harry Potter prone to crashing or should I start to worry about my Switch?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s probably the game if you haven’t noticed any other games crashing.

Did have one weird thing yesterday. The sound was really static-y. Noticed it during Smash. Decided to do a hard reset and was then forced to because the Switch crashed when I went back to the menu. But the reset did fix it.

Been reading that being on ethernet heats the Switch up, don't know if that could affect anything? I've unplugged the ethernet as a precaution for now unless I'm playing online or downloading

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Are you forgetting the Joy - cons which have never used XABY since they can be turned on their side? All the diagrams for them just show the direction of the button you should press

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Strong nostalgia for the Mega Drive/Genesis here, being European and with siblings. Much like the Switch it was a blast for co op games

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Don't listen to Ondore's lies

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I would be more interested in what games a 5 year old wouldn’t like.

Picross?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The only gap Nintendo needs to fill with releases is my rear end

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The only Giga Wrecker I want is for my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
You'll never guess what I want Travis to strike again