Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Policenaut posted:

I really miss the era of Virtual Console

To be clear I'm with you but boy oh boy that shows how dire things have gotten

empathe posted:

You aren't entitled to them just because licensing is lovely. Who cares if they use ROMs from ROM sites, they own the rights.

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Mobas are too toxic for Kirby

Nonsense

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

It didn't matter for me because I was loving Super Sonic.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Is there a My Music setting for the music that plays in the main menu? I swear there was in at least one of the previous games.

Also is running Classic Mode the fastest way to earn coins? I'm trying to buy all the music as they show up and I'm constantly broke.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Mega64 posted:

he promised me Mother 3 in return so I'm probably going to die soon.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

That the version where you cant to all the quests cause you dont get the weapons?

20 might be a trigger price for a starfox toy though!

It's a very cool toy, and the game actually being good was a nice bonus.

Fair warning that it is true that you're locked out of some things (some enemies are weak to certain elements and without buying more add-ons you just can't use them) but it didn't have a huge impact on my overall enjoyment.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Come right the gently caress back here and tell us where you got it! :argh:

Go to Japan where there is no shortage of silly Kirby bullshit

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

Yeah they patched in the ability to lock it to 30. I put about 30 hours into the game and never felt the need for it though.

That all being said there are still plans for a 60fps patch and it should be coming soon at this point.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Dpulex posted:

for gently caress sake nintendo maybe by 2050 they will be up to xbox 2006 standards

forget folders we need BLADES

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Can't wait for Nuts & Bolts so I can take the Switch out of the dock and run up and down the streets screaming SEE SEE THIS GAME IS GOOD

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

:siren:PUZZLE BOBBLE 2 TOMORROW:siren:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Is there a limit to how much data your cloud storage can hold? I'm having trouble finding an answer and Minecraft just updated to allow cloud saves and it's uploading about 700MB right now.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

mancalamania posted:

I think "passable" is a stretch for some of the SNES and N64 games. I'm not usually too picky about this stuff but the muted color palette looks *really* bad on bright games or games with lots of whites like Kirby Super Star and Paper Mario, and the lag makes some platformers like Mario 64 and DK64** frustrating and clunky. Even worse, if you press the home button in some of those games the little thumb nail that appears doesn't have the color filter on, teasing you with how pretty and colorful the actual game really is!

**okay that one might have been DK64's fault and not the emulation's fault

The emulation was especially weird for DK64 because it made the game run at 60fps when parts of it were designed around being laggy as hell and so there's a few segments that are suddenly way harder if not drat near impossible

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Rock My Socks! posted:

Kirby’s
Pinball
Land

Remake the Revenge of the Gator title screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmSG6zDzqK4

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Not releasing the characters at all would be better than charging money to be able to have the same content as the other players.

What the hell

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1098663885127569408

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

it's stupid that you can't rebind controls on NES

the games are perfectly playable though

i play them

Well I heard they're unplayable so somebody's lying

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

two years and no netflix

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

This is already a missed opportunity because none of these control options could play Teleroboxer

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Gonna combine the Labo headset and Labo robot suit and break every single valuable in my home

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is the Switch port of Meat Boy the one with the awful soundtrack?

All the current versions are, yes

It probably sounds silly to most but I love Meat Boy and reached 106% in the original release and the new soundtrack is honestly a deal breaker

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

As poorly considered as the Playstation Classic was in nearly every respect they still remembered to include Meryl's codec frequency on the box, there's no excuse for Nintendo to not figure something out.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Why doesn't Nintendo ever show off levels that look like this in promotional materials?

They absolutely did before the game first came out and it led some folks to believe the game might have interesting art direction instead of being confined to one or two levels.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

joke's on you old man nook, nobody's getting refunds this year

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

That's dope, this will be the only time that NES Contra's ever been rereleased outside of a bonus in Contra 4. Unless they do the most Konami thing possible and just include the arcade version

edit:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1108186786298097665

Yup that's the Contra Arcade title screen, lol owned

Fawf fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 20, 2019

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

I lost my copy, and it pisses me off to this day

Rirse posted:

Same. I got the Brady guide but it wasn’t the same. Still got my Oracina of Time and Majora Mask versus guide.

https://archive.org/details/Final-Fantasy-VII-Versus-Guide

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDTp-rHztrc

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Yoshi's Island DS looks and sounds absolutely hideous, the baby swapping gimmick sucks poo poo and every single level goes on twice as long as it should, it's absolutely the worst post-SNES Yoshi game with the possible exception of the GBA tilt sensor game that I can't speak for

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

E: Also I think DS mostly *looked* fine

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Getting those three games owns but now that nearly every first party NES game worth having is on the service I can feel the looming threat of Urban Champion

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

sponges posted:

You poo poo talkin’ Urban Champion, bro?

Until the day I die

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Atomizer posted:

So one of the games I bought for my new Switch is the Mega Man collection; as I mentioned I had a Genesis grow up but played the Mega Man games sporadically on NES and SNES. Well, a couple decades later I guess I'm in over my head because I'm loving awful at the original MM games. Maybe it's my old man reflexes, but holy gently caress are those games way more difficult than I remembered. Between the swooping, swarming, popping-up enemies and the inability to aim up or anywhere but straight ahead, I'm not able to get past the first stage of any of those games (I think after MM 5 or so they get a little easier though.) Definitely having buyer's remorse on this one, although the Sonic Mania game is better.

You're using the rewind feature right? It was added for the Switch version and it should let you brute force any tricky sections

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Boo, I thought the Star Fox stuff was free too. Sucks that the toy production stopped, I have the physical edition and I'd at least like some neat little Star Fox toys if I'm paying for more Starlink content.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Still can’t play Viewtiful Joe on the Switch. Shameful, Nintendo.

It still blows my mind that Viewtiful Joe has never ever been rereleased past Gamecube/PS2

Even God Hand, a game that sold less than 10 copies (which I love dearly) got a PS3 release

It's my favorite game of all time and the way it's been treated is, as you say, shameful

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo really needs to make joycons stronger somehow to make them not drift. It’s really lovely to have to do this stuff.

They're only $80, gotta cut corners somewhere

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

I wouldn't mind the $8 price tag so much if they literally ever went on sale

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

I wouldn't say so. But the campaign runs you through all the game modes and is the only way to unlock the characters, like the buff fish man.

There's also a cheat code

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Spacebump posted:

I don't understand why the upcoming Contra collection doesn't have the NES version of the first game. It's cool it will have the arcade version but why not both? Isn't the NES Contra the most iconic game in the series?

Yes, and despite that you can count the number of times it's been rereleased on one finger

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there some weird rights issue? The NES version is better than the arcade one.

They've literally never addressed it and it's led to theories like there being some bad blood between a higher-up at Konami and someone who worked on the NES version. If they didn't announce it up front I'd honestly sooner expect one of the Game Boy ports to fill out the 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

American McGay posted:

How are there more than 10 Sonic characters?

It's a nearly 30 year old franchise, Mario had that many characters by like the third game