Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The game in general is hard to recommend because it's mostly fluff with no substance. It's cotton candy that takes 40 hours to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Tarantulas let you walk right up to them, as long as you only move when they aren't primed to leap at you.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dip Viscous posted:

As someone that can't figure out how to play, I want to know why I am getting points in dominoes. The goal is to get x points but I can't figure out where the points are coming from, why some of the pieces are sideways, why some are arbitrarily at right angles, etc. Nothing is explained.

If you have the game at default settings, you get points because the domino you put down made the sum of all the endpoints of the table (the last value on each end) equal a multiple of 5. You gain points based on whatever value that is. The pieces are sideways when they have two of the same value and connect to a domino on the table with that same value (such as a domino with 5 and 5 connecting to another one with a 5).

Pretty sure the right angles and such are just to make it look nicer, and so it won't have to zoom out. I don't think it actually affects anything.

Also, at the end of each round (when someone uses all their dominos), that person gains points equal to the sum of all the dominos in each player's hands divided by 5.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Astral Chain is ultimately less like Revengeance and more like Nier Automata in terms of game structure. The combat is kind of in-between the two, where the game is less about precision but still ranks your encounters. Also the enemies are aren't as simplistic as Nier's.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The GBC game felt like a classic hard platformer from days gone by so I'd say it's pretty good.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

enojy posted:

Shantae is not that horny. She wears a stereotypical "belly dancing genie" outfit that's about as revealing as a common bathing suit, and will bop her hips back and forth as an idle animation. There are incredibly conservative tiddie physics. That's about it. I've liked every Shantae game I've played a lot (all except the first few.) Keep your peepee in your pants and everything will be just fine.

Shantae's design is not what people are talking about when mentioning the horny, they're talking about stuff like the Space Princess costume, or that giant mermaid boss that's chained up.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I to this day still can't remember where the X and Y are on Nintendo consoles. I played the DS a ton as a teen, but somehow it just isn't ingrained in me. The Gamecube basically ruined my perception of their button layouts, and I can't think of face buttons as anything other than Playstation ones.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s the same voice actor still, Jeff Kramer.

Sounds like he's sort of lost the voice a bit, and like he's doing a younger version of York. I think after a little while he'll sound fine.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It sounds like running Crysis is basically the opposite of running Doom. And now the Switch can do both proving it is truly a land of contrasts.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I tried using the 3D when playing stuff on the 3DS, but I never really "got" what I was supposed to be seeing. Turning it on and off clearly looked different, but it didn't really look like there was depth, I'm not sure how to describe it. I tried the New 3DS and it looked the same, so I think it's just something with my eyes.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

You could look into getting a replacement stick if you're thinking about getting a new joy con entirely. A kit cost about fifteen bucks on Amazon, and replacing it yourself doesn't take too long.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Deadly Premonition 2 got an update, and the framerate outside seems to be a lot better. It's still janky and hangs up, but it's definitely way better than it was.

At least it seems that way right now. Hopefully it stays this way.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I preordered one of the new colored Hori Split Pad Pros this morning though I'm not sure if I want to keep it as I already have a Satisfye SwitchGrip Pro (which I guess they're calling the ZenGrip Pro now). Could anyone comment on their experiences with the Split Pad Pro that was released when Daemon X Machina came out and if you went to or from a ZenGrip?

I got the split pad pro for myself, and the grip for my girlfriend. She started using the split pad and never used the grip more than once.

I have to get another split pad now so thanks for the heads up about the different colors.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Well (big spoilers for the game) the game ends with you overthrowing the entire police force. Though you still head it yourself.

You overthrow "the bad ones" that were evil clones and their evil clone dad. Even without the whole legion clone aspect the stuff you do on normal cop time was still pretty uncomfortable. At one point they go "We don't have any evidence on this guy but we know he did it, so just go ahead and capture him".

It's a fun game but the setting is uncomfortably a police state with no real self-awareness that the infrastructure itself is a huge problem. They only focus on the fact that Head Cop guy was evil.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

If you're going to pay 40 for a new Joy Con anyway, you might as well pay ten bucks to get a replacement kit to try and fix the drift problem yourself. The fixing process is a bit tedious if you're not used to that sorta thing, but it fixed the problem a lot cheaper than throwing more money at Nintendo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I own both and don't really see a point to the grip when I have the split pad pro. The buttons are better, there's two programmable back buttons, and it has turbo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Good Sphere posted:

Dread..

Anyone get stuck between Cataris and Dairon? I’m there now, and can’t find a way out either way. It happened to me in Cataris, then I finally saw I missed a door. So far I can’t see any escape here, and I’ve been back and forth between the places 3 times.

There's blocks below you on Darion that you can shoot to fall down. You can find them by climbing up the spider grab thing to go up and to the left, and then following the path as far left you can go, I believe.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I've been using the Hori Split Pad Pro for Dread and really, I think the game feels better in handheld then docked this way. I think at this point Metroid is kind of like Fire Emblem where it feels more at home on a handheld system.

The rear buttons really need to be the standard on controllers going forward, they feel a lot better to use then ZL and ZR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm having some amount of difficulty with Dread, but that's almost entirely because I keep standing in place trying to fire as many missiles at the boss as I can, and only dodge at the very last minute. I have a feeling the game would be pretty easy if I was just more patient.