Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hi I'll ask again because the other thread imploded due to being terrible.

How is Wandersong? I watched the trailer for it a few days ago and aside from looking cute I have no idea what the actual moment to moment gameplay is like or what you even do. Is it just walking around while mashing on a singing radial menu and nothing else or what else?

I'm fine with cute games but if there's no satisfying hook then I'll probably just wind up passing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

Now that they’ve done two DQ Minecraft games, they should do DQ Fortnite next.

100 slimes enter. You can combine with your squad to form a king slime.

In a 50 vs 50 mode each team gets a tank and you can play rocket slime

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sakurazuka posted:

Quick someone post Bowsette

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/634794604022353920

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anyone know how to Evolve pins in TWEWY?

I got a pin to max level and it changed so figured that was it- then the next 5 that could evolve just didn't and I think I'm missing something here. A few more have but it's pretty rare and I'm not sure what I'm doing to trigger it.
Tried to google a answer but just got replies in regards to the DS version which has it's own annoying system for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

irlZaphod posted:

Go straight from the Great Plateau to punch Ganon

I misread this as punch a Goron and was really confused as to why you'd do that

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Finished the main story of TWEWY, only had to leave docked mode for one boss because not even the recentering button made it easier to hit him. Other than that one instant though I was fine and only died twice.

I played the game when it first came out and I recall it feeling really short and ending really fast and VERY few, but specific story details. Actual late game/ending spoilers follow. I remembered Neku starting the game out as a total rear end in a top hat, the multiple games, Rhyme being turned into a pin after dying and that Joshua was like, god or something I guess.
I didn't however remember that Josh was a utter rear end in a top hat (especially after playing DDD recently where he was just mysterious at best). I can't believe I got to go on the rollercoaster of "who the gently caress shot neku" all over again. That's the dumbest thing and I loved it.

I think the only reason I thought it was super short when I played it all those years back is because the days are broken up into chapters so after 20 minutes CHAPTER COMPLETE and you're just kinda cruising along. Pretty glad about that and glad the game in general holds up extremely well. Only thing that bothers me is that I have to apparently do a bunch of Kingdom Hearts level bullshit to get to the actual new content. Can't wait to replay the entire game for these Ansem Reports.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I respect the first half of Dark Souls but I do not respect everything after Anor Londo as the game goes to poo poo almost instantly. I always wondered if they ran out of budget or just didn't have a clear vision or what because it's bad.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bombadilillo posted:

What Exactly dont you like? Because the game opens up there and it's a choose from 4 paths thing. So you find the content is leveled weirdly because of any order you can do it. And a bit confusing but no more than the game was already

I just think the quality goes down and the level design just takes a nosedive in general. I think the Library is okay but the rest I'm fine never playing again.

Invisible platforms: the cave and whatnot, infinite ghost town and lost izalith are just dire.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TWEWY being just as good as I remember it and even a little better is such a nice surprise. I really hope we finally get a 2 or game similar to it because man it's fun to just play and mess around with different attacks. Hell the story is really good too- there's almost no filler or fluff, it just gets to the chase minus like... a single day I can think of.

I want the power to be discovered finally. I don't want it to be unknown anymore

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oxxidation posted:

was TWEWY really that much of an unknown, though

also nomura should not be allowed to start a new project, preferably ever again

I'd say TWEWY is a pretty unknown game. I don't think it ever did that well for whatever reason and most people only know about it because it's OST is amazing.

That being said I was just making a joke about Twister as the song usually ends with a chant of "That Power is Yet Unknown" over and over again :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-64/Banjo-Kazooie-269415.html

So Banjo Kazooie just showed up on Nintendos Website.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I mean I get being a smart-rear end and all but I thought it was interesting given the fact they don't own Rare anymore :shrug:

Like honestly I'll eat the L if this is normal because I don't usually pay too much attention but I feel one is more surprising to see than the other here.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

American McGay posted:

I'm pretty sure most every game is already on the site if you search for it. I don't think anything "just" showed up, but I could be wrong.

It was apparently added 3 days ago and just updated to become visible, least that's what some other sites I've been to are saying. Perfect Dark also showed up along Banjo but Blast Corps and Goldeneye aren't there so :shrug:
Iunno, not trying to imply it means anything just "neat".

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxvzLVGTGs

New free Kirby DLC just got announced. Taranza, Magalor, & Susie and more stages.

Reworked bosses/new ones too. I'm super excited because this looks pretty substantial for a free update.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Eager to see how playable generals look. It's weird that they're acting like it's a mystery when the twitter header shows them and they appear at the end of the trailer.

I hope everyone gets a chance to understand how great Magolor is.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's not just new stages. Kirby Star Allies is actually getting a 2nd campaign. It's known as "Another Dimension Heroes" and takes place after the base campaign. Oh and they described it to be "difficult."

Best part is that it's tied to the lore from the freemium game. Haha goddammit

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Is Kirby lore the only one that has the guts to make what happens in the dumb freemium games every franchise has now matter?

I wanna say important stuff happens in that F2P Kingdom Hearts Mobile game that's been around for a while even though you legally cannot play it anymore in places like Belgium because SE took it offline there.

I have no idea but it's genuinely hilarious

Just for kicks here's the lead up and my own goofy rear end speculation.
After his defeat in returns to dreamland Magolor started opening up amusement parks in dreamland to apologize for being a shitheel. Next few games and spin offs were presented as if he had made them/was the host. Come to Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, the free game.

Magolor is suddenly wearing white and is charging microtransactions for his newest park saying that it helps him with some plan of his. It starts off as basic goofy LARP bullshit but as the story progresses things get wilder until a rip into "another dimension" shows up and "another susie" breaks through (she's one of the villains/reformed characters from Robobot. AS looks like Susie just missing a hairclip her now dead father gave her and is wearing all black). You beat her and send her packing back into the rift and that's that. Kirby just assumes this is part of the attraction and it's never brought up again.

(Speculation) All these bosses are labeled "Another Whispy Woods, Another Kracko" etc and they all came through a dimensional rift that got tore open that Kirby will need to go in to seal. Magolor you play as is back in blue which leads me to think that the LARP Magolor was his clone and this was the payoff to his lovely themepark. That's why he was mumbling about plans in that game and had a different costume on seemingly randomly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

Kirby freemium game?

On the 3DS. It's a 4player wireless game where you fight various bosses.

Premise is that Kirby is visiting a LARP park hosted by Magolor and has to pick if he wants to class as a Healing Potion maker, a Brave Swordsman, a Slow Hammer user or a Time Wizard. You can get equipment and whatnot to make fights go faster and use AI friends if no ones around (or people off your friendlist).
Real life cash can be spent to get materials faster but if you buy enough the game basically says screw it and gives you more than enough points to play the entire thing with (signified by a tree in the hub). It's pretty fun and has some great bosses but it's slow to start and about a third of the way through it does expect you to toss them a few bucks otherwise the wait becomes pretty unreasonable with a unupgraded tree. The Kirby twitter also gives away free mats via codes all the time.

It's Team Kirby Clash Deluxe if that sounds fun/amusing to you

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Super Star Ultra is the best sample platter for finding out what you like in a kirby game (if anything). It doesn't excel in any one particular area but everything is high enough quality that it honestly doesn't matter. Like if you enjoy the exploring subgames and want more go for Robobot or one of those games. If you like the subgames that are minigames try dream course or any of the 3DS "Deluxe" games.

It's great in that regard and still fun in its own right.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ignite Memories posted:

Is Star Allies getting to the point where it's as full and robust a kirby game as Superstar?

I will pay 60 for a kirby but only for the really top shelf poo poo

Not gonna lie it felt more robust than Super Star at launch if we're talking pure game length. You can finish all of Super Star in like 2-3 hours. It's just really good at tricking you into thinking its longer than it actually is.

I think Spring Breeze is literally like... 10 minutes long for example.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I watch gaming content creators and if I feel they deserve money I'll toss something at their patreon seeing how restrictive and generally gently caress awful youtube is to those guys with copywrite claims.

I ad block without a single hint of guilt.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

On a upswing

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWd3JA6cpY0

I have this on loop. Gonna be looping it for awhile I reckon. :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Detective Pikachu is going to end with the original poke rap. The thing is bulbasaur will be far away from the camera in a dark alley staring straight at the viewer, and each time a new pokemon is named it swaps places and gets a little closer. Constantly shapeshifting and shuffling closer with no animation until you're forced to stare the hell beast in the eyes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Newest Star Allies trailer features Taranza getting emotionally bullied.

He will never be allowed to move on. Taranza is suffering.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/FactsKirby/status/1063490188461121536

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I keep thinking I'm in the pokemon thread

I mean I don't really mind, go nuts but :psyduck:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zinkraptor posted:

The switch thread is doomed to be occasionally dominated by conversation about a particular game. Such is the way of every console thread whenever a hip new game comes out. It can be prevented no more than one can prevent the sunset or the rise and fall of tides.

Yeah, I just see the switch thread and pokemon LG thread on the front page side by side pretty often so clicking the Nintendo one and seeing it here often makes me do a double take.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Paging Evil Eagle

Adding to the gigantic update is a new higher difficulty for Soul Melter called "Soul Melter EX". It's apparently going to be "astonishingly hard" as pictured by Kirby who for once is thinking he may of made a mistake.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kind of hard to see as it's a scan but Bandana Dee / Dedede / Meta Knight are getting a rework in the wave 3 patch to to have more unique movesets. So yes, Bandana Dee is getting fully exclusive things now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is The World Ends With You: Final Remix worth it?

I have mixed feelings on it. It's TWEWY so it is a good game by that merit but the controls in TV mode take some getting used to and you have to mash the recenter button all the drat time and the new story content is genuinely loving terrible. The writing for it somehow worse than what you'd see in a teenagers fanfic and it ends on a generally abysmal cliffhanger that will probably never get resolved.

Play it for the base game if you do get it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1065802441352929280

Unless there's a surprise final character has been shown off. It's also 3 characters in one so if you want to be technical and count the B. Dee/Dedede/Meta Knight updates there's now 9 new characters to try out in this update ontop of a new difficulty level in the boss arena and a entirely new game mode with new bosses in general in it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New ominous things teased in the Kirby Update cause it comes out in a few days.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1066889608439316481

Play as everyone in the new story, fight a real big handful of new/redone bosses and uh... something is happening there that they've been building up to all year.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nodosaur posted:

those swords seem rather familiar...

Well they are in the intro. There's some lore about how they were used by heroes to seal away GREAT EVIL or somesuch but it's not covered terribly well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dr. Fetus posted:

I hope they give the bosses more HP or reduce everyone's damage a lot more when there are 4 players so I can actually experience the fights.

Worse comes to worse just solo stuff with powerless kirby

I do it regardless every game first time through and it's pretty fun.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brother Entropy posted:

in awe of the amount of restraint this must take

It's only for bosses. HAL genuinely loves boss fights and will make the craziest, most elaborate patterns that most players will never see due to some powers just dismantling them. Refusing to use powers and going a bit slower usually lets you see most of them :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I looked up "Kirby lore" on Twitter to see if any bombs had been dropped yet.

https://twitter.com/RubyPassage/status/1068361914076602368

https://twitter.com/RubyPassage/status/1068362378327273473

That sounds ominous.

I was right about everything and I'm going literally insane.

Spoilers: It's hard confirmed that Void is Zero reborn. Literally ASTRAL BIRTH being it's tagline. It then goes on to confirm that Kirby is a good outcome of Zero basically, just hyper condensed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Major Spoilers for Star Allies
Thinking about this title and still laughing

Kirby is wild, man.