Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The tank controls of LM3 is almost killing my enjoyment of the game :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Your Computer posted:

dunno what weird version of LM3 you're playing that has tank controls, but if you're struggling with the controls have you tried using the shoulder buttons instead of the face buttons?

I’m using the shoulder buttons and but I don’t like how Luigi turns and how it feels inconsistent due to tank controls. I just did the rubber duck boat stuff and holy poo poo that was so unfun with the turning controls. The number of times I had to repeat the shark fin/boss was infuriating just because I turned the wrong way and ran into spikes or the shark ghosts. Ugh.

(And I am not using gyro looking, hell no.)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

No big new first party game in 2021 so far

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Also, Rushin' Attack when, Nintendo?

Didn’t that get an Xbox Live Arcade remake?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

If it's anything like World, the "story" segment is fine alone but beyond that it's more fun with a group

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ah yes, I too am excited about the indie game "House of the Dead", by indie developer Sega.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

DMCrimson posted:

Alongside a game finally featuring my favorite little-known characters, the teenage mutant ninja turtles

Ninja....turtles? I dunno, I don't think that'll work!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm sure it does.

Phil Fish sure does love porting the only thing he ever made to every platform in the world rather than actually making something new.

I don’t think Phil Fish is involved in any of the ports, and has separated himself from Fez. Blitworks have been doing the ports.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Has anybody called it the “Swiitch” yet?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

They’re gonna spend most of the time talking about a new fire emblem character in smash

And people will gobble that poo poo up

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I propose we call it the Nintendo Swoled

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It has the same internals as the original model so like… what’s even the point??

are you new to nintendo products

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

when the new zelda comes out and the oled switch inevitably struggles with it, I want to check back on all the "justifying my purchase" people who will be suckered into "upgrading" to this waste of money :newlol:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm only wondering if the new dock can be used with the old model Switch so I can get the wired ethernet going on it.

you can

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The Postman posted:

HUGE leak just happened: switch 2 will be called switch extrawide. not only will the device and dock be W I D E but the kickstand will actually be wider than the device itself

The Switch EW, I like it

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Why W I D E

And not

SWOLED

ZeeBoi posted:

I propose we call it the Nintendo Swoled

:colbert:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The tech specs for the original and W I D E models both say “NVIDIA custom Tegra processor,” but there’s a (very small) possibility they used a newer Tegra that can run games at a higher native resolution/framerate. Since, you know, most games (especially in handheld) are running at a lower resolution and upscaled. I’m not holding my breath but I’m sure people are gonna be clamoring for clarification and Nintendo will address it at some point.

again, is this your first time dealing with nintendo products?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I said come in! posted:

When do pre-orders go up for the new Switch?

That’s cute that you think you’ll be able to score a pre-order

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

wow look at that thing that people will buy and not use for 99% of their steam library

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

"I can't wait to dig in to all those games", he says languidly, as he reads from the script

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

this isn't a new announcement

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Augus posted:

bomb rush cyberfunk is gonna own

closest thing to a new jet set radio, I'll take it

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Augus posted:

Issues I had with Samus Returns
-Stop and go gameplay with the counter and free-aiming (very much fixed)
-Crappy sound quality and mixing (fixed)
-Repetitive level design (looking good so far!)
-Very little variety in enemies (can pretty confidently say at this point that this is fixed)
-Stiflingly linear even compared to the original Metroid II. Very little room for skips or fancy movement tech (allegedly fixed, mobility has definitely gotten a huge upgrade)
-That terrible giant robot boss fight and the obnoxious Gamma metroids that ran away from you constantly (we'll see I guess lol)
-Poorly-handled atmosphere and storytelling, with the quiet moments free of enemies from Metroid II that built tension and communicated how dangerous the Metroid were turned into noisy gauntlets. (The devil's in the details but Dread definitely looks like it's making an honest effort at building a sense of, well, dread.)

- Was on the 3DS and is uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOvefm5U250

I want this right now

Edit: if you want it without the voiceover (Amiiiiiibooooooooooo):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmSctyvQwNY

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 10, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Price officially dropped by 20 squid in England and 30 gyro in Europe

I assume a price drop in the U S is in a mint this morning

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1437370604479524866

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Just over 3 weeks until Dread is out :sigh:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Nintendo is loving stupid

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Looking forward to all the angry tweets and posts after 6:40 pm tomorrow

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/razzadoop/status/1440889796616855555?s=09

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/bnam_jp/status/1440949268307537923?s=19

Bandai Namco clearly teasing something Pokemon related

Look at their pinned tweet.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1441067874794106884

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1441077256617533450

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

If you're spoiler tagging the leaks you're part of the problem :hehe:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hahaha of course they charge more for N64 games

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Skipping over Smash and AC stuff and giving them their own presentations was a good move by Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Little Mac is an All-American hero straight outta the Bronx