Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Does Diablo III have online co-op? I know It has local, and LAN network, but I wanna play with other people online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I got Diablo 3, and i’m loving it. But I want to do online co-op as much as possible, so i’m curious as to how the matchmaking is structured.

In adventure mode, to match with another player, you have to be using the same difficulty setting, and be on the same chapter? Or even on the same quest? I found Normal difficulty too easy, and so its on hard, and im wondering if rhats affecting my chances at finding another match.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

More people, get Diablo so maybe I can find co-op matches.

There’s so much added content to the game that its pretty complicated. So many different modes.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

mawlok posted:

I still cant get over how perfect Diablo is for the switch, I couldn't get into it with the original release on the pc but on the switch I'm over paragon 300.

I remember Diablo on PC had one of the worst launches of all time. Online only, aand many people couldnt even play single player. Then the auction house system made it pay to win, and some were paying hundreds for items. And it had far less content. Buggy as hell.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Physical copy is worth more. You can resell or lend it to friends.

I just found out Diablo 3 Campaign is open to public matchmaking with seasonal characters, but friends only with non seasonal characters. So I changed it. Hopefully i’ll get matched up. But I have it on the second to highest difficulty. The necromancer seems kinda overpowered. I have a giant entourage fighting with me, not counting the cuckoo, and rezzed enemies.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Started a Diablo 3 co-op match with two random players and we all played pretty much non stop for 6 hours.

It's pretty impressive how performance stayed solid no matter how much poo poo was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whnbn06WH5M

I'd like to get a match with 3 other necromancers. You gotta use Quick Match to host or join a public game btw.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Metroid when

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Holy dang, I had no idea the Switch has Youtube now.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

is it worth buying the $30 official Nintendo LAN adapter, compared to the $12 ones?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

If anyone wants to play Diablo 3 co-op, my friend code is: SW-7123-1968-0897

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I wish there was a way to get the Switch to use public wifis that require a browser to accept terms to use. I wanna play Diablo 3 co-op while at McDonalds.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

How long have you guys waited to play botw a second time, and how was it playing it again?

It’s been a year for me, and i’m thinking of playing it again. I think I put at least 200 hours into it.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Which game is better, Luigis Mansion 3 or Links Awakening? I’ve played all the other best Switch games.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Morphite is USD ~$3.00. Any opinions for or against it?

Too expensive. Get Thief Simulator for $1.99.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I’m on the fence with Torchlight 2. Already beat Diablo 3, and I played the first Torchlight. But I wonder if online co-op matches can be found with the switch version.

Thief Simulator does run like rear end. I guess you get what you pay for.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I dont read or watch game previews, but i’m curious about wether or not you guys think the new Animal Crossing will be better than Stardew Valley.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Insignia stand and case are only $13 for both at bestbuy. Quality is decent for the money.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Look at this stupid poo poo:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Was Nintendo ever able to fix the lag with Smash 3 or 4 player online matches?

I’m messing with Brawlhalla for now.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I really liked The fractured butthole. Yes the story/humor isn’t as good as the stick, but there’s still a handful of laugh out loud moments in the game that had me in tears, and the gameplay is solid. Also a great game for the Switch.

Apparently St. Vincent had to play the switch to film a scene, and ended up putting 300 hours into botw.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Out of the hundreds of games i've played since I was a kid, less than 10 of them had story/writing I thought was good. Witcher 3 was one of them. History nerds can tell that the books its based on was written by someone who has a good understanding of medieval european life. And I love how you go into a quest thinking you're helping someone who's been victimized, but then you find out they're full of crap, much like real life. More games are starting to adopt this notion of there being two sides to every story.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Doom 3 is worth $3 just to have another title in my library and more justification for the SD card I bought. I might even play it.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Which of the free to play online multiplayer games are worth spending time on? Smite, Paladins, Realm Royale, Brawlhalla?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

If the lite had hdmi out it would be fully worth it, and I don’t think it would cannibalize sales of the standard switch. The lite is still a better handheld and the standard is still a better home console.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

Big disagree

Wow even bigger disagree

It doesn’t hurt to give some reasons to back up a statement.

I bought a Lite after finding one almost new for $100 in a pawn shop, but it just had me craving a regular switch. The lighter weight, the proper D pad, brighter screen (looks more crisp because its a little smaller but same resolution), lower price point, definitely make it a better handheld. Great for kids who cant always use a TV and are too small to comfortably hold a standard switch in their hands for extended periods of time.

Luigis Mansion 3 was the first game I played on the lite, and it kind of highlighted the lites caveats. It was more difficult spotting clues on the small screen, and not having the hd vibration made the gameplay elements less satisfying.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

People on craigslist and offerup are selling switches new in the box for $240-$260 all day. Account for not paying sales tax on top of that and its a pretty good deal. And they have the red box versions.

Its funny how they’re selling a bunch of games on the online store for 10 cents. That must annoy PayPal.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Mario rabbids is $15 at bestbuy right now.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Breath of the Wild is like freebasing crack cocaine. The first experience is the best, and then you do it again to try and get that same high, but it’s not quite as good.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I beat Doom 3. I enjoyed it. But im pretty sure that 6 of the 20 hours I played it was spent saving my game after every enemy encounter.

I’m trying to get back into Okami HD. I put 35 hours into it over a year ago. Now I cant remember most of the gameplay mechanics and its frustrating.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Lodin posted:

Took a picture.

That's a good idea. I'm gonna look for a cheap one on craigslist.

This is probably obvious to most but if an SD card is priced significantly lower than the competiton, its probably a fake. The firmware is modified to show it has the right capacity, but it doesn't. And if you fill it up more than its real capacity it will start writing over other data.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Target is selling Animal Crossing skins that cover the joycon and tablet. They had one thats styled for guys and another for gals.

Botw is definitely more enjoyable with the pro controller. Because it utilizes every element of the controller and you spend so much time on the game. I even bought it brand new which my cheap rear end rarely does.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Final Fantasy 7 for $8. That's a lot of bang for the buck.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The IGN review for Animal Crossing is funny. The reviewer clearly spoke his mind about how boring and tedious the game is, yet gave it a freaking 9, because giving it an 8 would have caused a tremendous backlash with the fanboys.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

If you truly like a game, it shouldn’t matter what others think of it. You shouldn’t give butthurt snarky sarcastic replies because someone thinks its a $5 walmart bargin bin game thats been polished up.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I kinda want Doom 64, but being so used to modern shooters i’m skeptical about the level design and spending half the time trying to figure out where i’m supposed to go or what item I need.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

Witcher 3 question, I'm not on Switch but it's talked about enough here. I'm fairly early on, and I like the story, but the mechanics aren't really doing it for me, so I set the difficulty as low as possible. If I want to breeze through the game beyond that are there any places or skill setups worth looking into to make Geralt just totally busted or is it not that kind of game?

For me it just took some time to get all the combat elements down. Buffing, debuffing, parrying, upgrading skills, and after that I found it wasn’t difficult. I wouldn’t be discouraged. Before each enemy encounter don’t forget to apply the appropriate oil to your weapon, apply quen, and attack them when they are in the yrden magic trap.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The switch lite is still widely available at retailers while people are paying up to $500 for the regular switch. That doesn't speak well for the lite.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Having the Wii Metroid games on Switch would be legendary. But I think it's unlikely because it would probably take too much money to overhaul the aiming mechanic since the Wii's aiming is detected in 3d space and not just gyro/accelerometer based like the switch.

Has anyone played Risk of Rain 2? I could go for a good online co-op shooter. Already played Warframe.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

My nintendo fanboy response is, get the pro controller, its awesome. And joy cons are packed with tons of tech, in the size of a candy bar, so you should be happy they even exist.

But in all seriousness, that sucks, and I hope your joy cons are early ones, because that issue shouldn't be occurring on joy cons made after 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm pleasantly surprised by Doom 64. The framerate, the graphical options and ability to turn up the brightness, the map view, really makes this game very playable. Plus the gyro aiming is really cool.