Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hello switch friends, i think bowsette pictures are nice on the whole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I was actually planning on closing it to create a new OP since E3, yesterday is just when I finally got around to doing it. First day of the month seemed an opportune time.

new thread every month let's go

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I lent bayo 2 to a friend of mine months ago, but I don't think he ever finished it :saddowns:

digital wins again

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
post the fanart, cowards

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Don't steal games and don't mod your switch

if something isn't for sale, who are you stealing from

me, I'm backing up the snes games I've owned for decades

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Any snes game you post about playing, you must post proof of ownership with a piece of paper with SA and today's date visible on it in the photo.

i think my mom threw the receipt away :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Graviija posted:

God damnit, I've been so excited about the prospect of getting a Switch for the holidays this year (my fiancee has asked me to not buy it myself yet so we can "pay off the wedding first" or whatever. I know, I know, I should leave her), and now I'm not sure if I should just wait for the revision.

Thread, should I still pull the trigger on the Switch v1 and just upgrade later, potentially?

I know this is God's Perfect Console, so I literally just need one person to tell me to get the Switch as soon as possible and I totally will.

expensive weddings are a scam and all those important traditional elements were made up not that long ago by people trying to sell a product

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Lmao, telling someone he's a "sucker" for buying into the marriage industrial complex in the switch thread is exactly what I'd expect from the nintendo crowd. I didn't see him asking for any input on that.

Y'all are just mad you can't legally marry an amiibo yet. Or that stupid dumb poo poo dog from animal crossing.

no i said no tomato!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Only wedding you need to worry about is the wedding between Princess Peach and Bowser in that hit 2017 Nintendo classic, Mario Odyssey

Bowser scoured the planet to put together the best wedding ever and he got rejected at the altar :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Random Hero posted:

I really want to get a Mega Man on Switch but I haven't played any of these games in years... Where should I start?

shovel knight

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Random Hero posted:

I actually have Shovel Knight and haven't started it yet... That's the best option?

it's not THAT mega man-ish but it's very evocative and also better imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Heath posted:

Isn't it a little early to speculate on anything, since we know exactly (paper rifling) nothing about what a switch revision would be like?

at the very least it probably won't be crackable with a paper clip

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

T-Square posted:

So how do the multi-Switch tablet mini games in Super Mario Party? I'm assuming both Switches need a copy of the game?

I'll let you know in *checks watch* about two and a half months

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i have unlocked the true main character and elevated Mario Party into its final form, Dry Bones Party

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've never had a pumpkin spice latte but my local grocery store sells pumpkin soda in the fall and it's real good so pumpkin spice is probably also good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

vlad3217 posted:

How do you actually unlock the hidden characters? I've played through each mode once at this point I think.

quoting an older post

Folt The Bolt posted:

Dry Bones is unlocked at random after playing any of the main modes. You can use the Party Pad to see if he's in the plaza after a round of games, in which case just go up and talk to him to add him to your party (and the playable roster). He's the easiest to unlock of the four unlockables.

Reaching three of the five endpoints in River Survival unlocks Donkey Kong. He'll be in the plaza so you can add him to your party (and the playable roster).

Diddy Kong is unlocked by clearing Stage 2 in Challenge Road. To unlock Challenge Road, you must unlock all the minigames. (This is actually relatively easy. Do some rounds in Mario Party and Partner Party; the minigame selector to my experience will always pick a game you haven't unlocked yet if it can.) After that, he'll be in the plaza to let you add him to your party (and the playable roster).

Pom Pom is also unlocked in Challenge Road, this time by clearing Stage 5. She'll be in the plaza afterwards, letting you add her to your party (and the playable roster).

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Good to know my post is still useful to people after the initial time period.

i don't agree with your warriors game opinions but you post good, friend

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Caesar Saladin posted:

Is Kirby and good for a five year old? She's pretty good at mario kart, i'm just wondering if kirby ever requires some tricky controls

it's perfect and also has four player coop!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Octoling Amiibos are mandatory now

please tell me the witch outfits aren't amiibo exclusive

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

I've tried many times to get through metroid, loving pretty much everything from super metroid on. But I just cant. Zero Mission might be criticized as too hand holding. But got drat. Metroid is just indistinguishable tubes with some gently caress you secrets to to continue.

i love how super metroid gives you the scanner visor to help with finding secrets, and then has a handful of invisible blocks the visor doesn't work on anyway lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I'd recommend Captain Toad and Kirby Star Allies

seconding these

also i hope you're doing okay dude!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i only browse from work on my phone, because my computer monitor is cluttered enough as it is and i need the screen space

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

thank you for choosing Sonic, how may i help you?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jawdins posted:

Donkey is a monkey that look like King Kong

thank goodness for kirby's namesake

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i wish there were a bonus star for losing the most stars

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i wish the switch had more jrpgs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I have heard you can not pause in dark souls? It's on consoles now that have home buttons, can you just press those?

i used to think the home button on the ps4 worked like a secret pause button but then i had to try it during a boss fight in bloodborne and came back double dead

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i flipping love dark souls

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hentai Jihadist posted:

problem with dark souls 1 is that 3 is insanely better in every respect. 1 is still a good game but when the game goes "oh poo poo you got the thing, now the REAL game begins" thats actually when the game falls down a toilet and dies

its still a very good game though and probably better than anything else on switch bar Bayonetta 2 so ymmv

just treat O&S as the final boss and whichever lord soul area bothers you the least as optional post game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I'm late but I'm genuinely surprised there are people still in the dark (heh) about dark souls.

I held off on getting the PS4 version so I hope the switch version isn't a mess.

I can't bother to find it but whoever said that darks souls 2 was better is a criminal. and that other guy having a meltdown about getting cursed is such a throwback.

smoother online, much easier co-op, and the sheer variety of viable weapons and builds make dark souls 2 way more fun than 1 and i hope it gets a remastered switch port too somehow

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
fast rammers x

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm taking a break from monhun to see what this Soloman's Key game is.

i think it's where castlevania games get all their enemy names from

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I came across this and hoping it was some kind of fan project that was being worked on because it looks real good, but then in the description it says that it's not a game or anything, just a proof of concept :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG6lVNJSe04

:negative: :negative: :negative:

they've aged like finely grated rear end but darn it i love the prerendered graphics in the dkc games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Botw's bad durability system doesn't matter anyway cause Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game

Wow! This looks pretty heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands... Wow! This looks pretty heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands... Wow! This looks pretty heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands... Wow! This looks pretty heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands... Wow! This looks pretty heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands... Wow! This looks pretty heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands... Wow! This looks pretty heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The only problem with the weapon durability is that there should been a way to tag weapons in your inventory as "auto-switchable" so that Link would move to another weapon automatically when one broke.

link should be able to punch a moblin in its goddamn face

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Beastie posted:

I guess I was trying to point out that this does happen. Maybe I misinterpreted their post? I haven't had coffee yet and am avoiding work.

i think they mean burning out and not recharging at all, as opposed to breaking

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Barudak posted:

I am extremely aware and that incentive has all the significance of "the last bullet in a clip deals double damage" does on gun usage behavoir in a shooter.

i think this would be true if you couldn't reload your gun, and so it feels different and actually useful in botw

idk weapon durability never bothered me but I've also been playing fire emblem forever

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Go straight from the Great Plateau to punch Ganon

this would for real be amazing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Barudak posted:

You can reload your weapons, thats what a new copy of a weapon in BotW is.

i was thinking something more like link merging two damaged copies of a weapon like they're soldiers in advance wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

My roommate finally ended up beating O&S by hucking poop at them until they died on account of all the poop

that's what they deserve tbqh