Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

From a mechanics standpoint, yeah. The rest of the draw of Twewy was the present day street fashion style that is now hilariously dated and the story.

Basically what im saying is dont spend 60 bucks on a phone port

What if the phone port is one of two games I care about this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
DK Winston and Samus D.va alts would make unimaginable amounts of bank

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Downloaded TWEWY and it's fun, feels a little slow to start but that's probably because I'm getting used to the new interface, co-oping with both joysticks is hard but fun.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Amazing that Breath of the Wild’s weapon system had it’s humble origins in one Nintendo programmer being very disgruntled he couldn’t keep Phantom Ganon’s sword

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Blizzard were previously rather dubious to a Switch version of Overwatch, but opinions have changed lately. The question is: Has it changed enough?

Paladins at least has proved it's doable, but how Blizzard is going to fit a game the size of around 25 GB into a Nintendo Switch is another question entirely.

By compressing it properly?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I keep thinking I'm in the pokemon thread

I mean I don't really mind, go nuts but :psyduck:

There is like one big release right now and it’s Pokemon

In 3 weeks this will return to being the Smash thread

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol Xenoblade one is the most By the books JRPG out there. I never got where the idea is curbed a lot of tropes came from when it plays it so extremely by the book.

It had well executed voice acting and a great villain for the first half in Metal Face

E: also the clothing might be nonsensical if you look at it enough but the base costumes are so much more sensible than X2

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also the main character of Xeno 1 only having one robot wife is a lot more tolerable

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone ever run into an issue with the right Joy-con not charging properly?

E: Mine seems to be stone dead and I'm not sure what to do

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 27, 2018

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Smash is not inherently competitive.

Hell nothing is.

Posting from 17 pages back but the bottom part of this is v. wrong thanks for reading

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
My Switch is just straight up not charging any of my joycons directly now. :sigh:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is racist.

Resetera dumber than a sack of hammers, news at 11

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

KingSlime posted:

The deejay/Diddy combo definitely raised my eyebrows. Why didn't they use Ryu or Ken lmao. At least with Mr sandman, you actually fight donkey Kong in the new punch out, I'm leaning towards innocent intent there

Maybe there's a reference I'm missing or something with deejay

Diddy mostly fights with kicks

Also in the original Japanese version Deejay had a special where he clamped to the enemy fighter’s face like a facehugger and

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm entering day two of being sick. I decided Paper Mario TTYD would be a good use of my day after buying it years ago and never playing it. It's pretty fun and chill so far, I'm looking around in the sets below Rogueport. My only gripe with the game is Mario's black, beady, soulless eyes. They are unsettling.

A great purchase, please enjoy it!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gonkish posted:

Nintendo Direct, 2019: "Look at all dem anime titties."

Who knows, though, maybe in between their exhaustive explanations about jiggle physics they will announce a date for Animal Crossing or something.

I think there will be markedly less anime titty in this new fire emblem compared to Fates.

There’ll almost certainly be one goth gf tittywitch but I expect they’re going to reel it back a bit

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

this won't happen to those who learn to love fire emblem

I love Fire Emblem and think this one looks like crap so far

Where does that leave me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RME posted:

Three Houses palette is definitely a bit on the muted side and theres some Tellius game feel to the models but I've been a fan of the few character designs they've shown so far, and the armies of units seem to be a way to try and evoke a 3kingdoms kind of feel that should be neat imo

The designs seem middling to me (I like the yellow kingdom guy) but the artstyle is dreadfully boring

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Not being able to practice with a character and learn how they play puts players at an unfair disadvantage when they have to fight against them.

There are over 70 characters in this game.

You’re not practicing with them all to the level where you’ll actually understand the minutia of what makes them good you insane person

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

It's so weird being part of the last generation to grow up partly before the internet consumed everything. I got a computer in my room when I was... 13 I think? I pretty much immediately ran into some hosed up poo poo, but I was for sure better equipped to deal with it than a kid who's half that age.

My parents were actively trying to encourage me to use the Internet when I was 8 in 2000. Like I didn’t really care about using it and they were basically showing me “hey look you can use this for fun things!”

Then 9/11 happened, I stumbled upon a Kill Osama flash game through a news website and oh look I guess I’m on Newgrounds now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Over There posted:

The internet is fine, look how we turned out.

We’re mostly going to be dead in 20-30 years anyways because we’re turning the Earth into a hellpit so long term who cares anyways? :shrug:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

But for real they just essentially just dropped a Smash Direct with no fanfare and a 'Its out tomorrow'!

why

Joker burned Notre Dame as cover to steal the paintings and Nintendo is trying to get ahead of it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

^burtle posted:

If I have the RPG itch, which is going to scratch better, Torna or Vesperia?

Vesperia by far

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Make Rare Replay Switch but find a way to get the GoldenEye license and have that and games like the Rare Donkey Kong games replace games like Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Seems easy enough, just tell them how they’d be making the first good use of the Bond property in a decade

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Didn’t they make literally 1 film in the last decade

2 of them, one that was good and one that was really lovely

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
OOT, Super Mario 64 and Star Fox are all still good games

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why is the instrumentation in LA so bad

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I finally realized what it is about the new Link's Awakening's soundtrack that bugs me so much, the live instruments sound so out of place and a lot of the new soundtrack just sounds so subdued relative to the original soundtrack, and I wish the whole game leaned more into the electronic sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C_GTxMsKlk like this is great and evokes a ton of the original game's feel, but it would be a lot better without the oboe coming in

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

thats why its good imo. but also they leaned on the digital sounds the most for that track which i think was also an effective choice

It's 100% a personal preference thing and I know it's super heavily rooted in nostalgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYjpQ0Z-vfs They replicated the dreamy "pop" to this track really well with the live instruments too, whoever's doing the music definitely gets it, it's just something that bugs me (I think the Mabe Village remix is bad though, the music box was not a great take IMO)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iMdyDLaAYs&list=PLwDEuPBgBi4MMgtkG59Tm4wZ5ZMX097Sb&index=55

This is incredibly loving charming also

E: I forgot how incredible Tal Tal Heights is as a derivative on the series main theme, both it and Termina's are fantastic

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 23, 2019

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The South Face Shrine is some great poo poo, it directly tells you, the player what's going on and gives you a couple of rooms to process it before Owlfacts

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

whaley posted:

saying anything slaps should be illegal

The farm's that way grandpa

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can we agree that the billion dollar company fucks up every once in a while and leave it at that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A pro controller doesn't have to cram a shitload of tech into a small form factor alongside a battery.

None of it's worth it for taking the fun out of swimming :colbert:.

That was the one game where swimming was fun

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Has link ever kissed a girl?

Link has canonically hosed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I was told that by a couple people I complained to. Here's the thing: Ganon is also vulnerable to Silver Arrows and that's how I beat him. I've only beaten LttP once. I played it right before Link Between Worlds. There was no loving way I would know to use a spin attack

I was also told you can ram him with the Pegasus Boots but I swear to god I tried that and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't actually hit him? Either way, I'm calling bullshit on that form. None of the other forms gave me trouble. Just beat the game. Got tedious at the end but meh. I liked it overall.

I also didn't notice any frame rate problems.

If you don’t have the Golden Sword in LttP Spin Attacks are the only way to damage Ganon.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I think I had the Golden Sword... In any case, it's kinda bullshit that the game relies on knowledge from a different game for that one bit, and doesn't give you any other hints about it. The game expects me to remember how to beat the final boss of a game I beat... what? 6 years ago?! I can't even remember what I did a week ago, much less 6 years!

The game doesn’t tell you in LttP either!

Did the game actually explicitly tell you how to deal with the slime boss?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

There's a lot of negative hype surrounding the new pokemon games. Is it all because of how they compare to recent other pokemon releases? I havnt played a pokemon game sine the original Red, is it a good enough game in its own right?

If your last experience with the games is Red and Blue and you enjoyed them then it’s likely to be a massive step up and worth looking at.

pixaal posted:

Amazing game, people are butthurt that there are 400 pokemon in the game instead of 1000.

Yeah, you really just can’t expect that much from a 3DS game!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Personally I think it's innately good to be suspicious of anything or anyone stanning for idol-based things

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I don't know anything about idol culture and I still liked TMS because it's got catchy music and I don't play many RPGs in a modern setting.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/look-but-dont-touch-inside-the-weird-dangerous-world-of-japans-girl-idols here you go then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Quotey posted:

Struggling to play Kirby Superstar with a friend- can't loving figure out how anything works. Can someone please tell me how the hell you do multiplayer on one of these SNES games. Please acknowledge that I'm not too smart. Jesus .

Hit the A button as Kirby when you have a power.