Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Speaking of Disgaea, should I play 5 or 1 Complete? I've only played the Prinny PSP games.

I would say 5. The games in general have improved the battle system with each iteration and while I’m sure 1 complete backports some of that, I think it will still have some outdated mechanics.

1 is generally regarded to have the best story I think, but the story is not the point of Disgaea.

Eta: If you plan on playing them all start with 1. It’s really hard to give up the system improvements going backwards.

garthoneeye fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

:3:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Protocol7 posted:

I don't really know if this review makes me want to play it more or less. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Tim Rogers is really good at making enjoyable game reviews. I have watched his DQXI review at least 3 times.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Schlitzkrieg Bop posted:

Backlash might be a strong word because it's mostly people arguing on internet message boards about a game that sold over 10 million copies, but FF7 was and is still called overrated all the time. :shrug:

I thought FF7 was overrated shortly after it came out. I came around on it, though. It does things with its plot that are genuinely interesting and I think it holds up.

My favorite FF is probably 6, still.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hey, has anyone played Telling Lies? Is it anything like Her Story? Because we really enjoyed that and I love finding new games to play with my partner. Also, would Paradise Killer be easily played with two people, wherein one controls and other helps along? The idea of an investigation could intrigue her, and she had a blast playing Obra Dinn alongside me.

Also Europe is offering a pre-order bonus for BotW Warriors. It's called a "louche de bonheur" in French and I have no idea what it could possibly be or what it's referencing.

The gameplay is essentially identical. I thought the story wasn’t quite as interesting, but I still enjoyed it.