Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
The joycons loving suck dick. My friend brought his switch over last weekend so we could play overcooked 2 and we kept losing connection and having to repair controllers and poo poo at least once a level. I don't know if the controls are supposed to feel lovely and floaty in that game but it was seriously awful. I mostly use my pro controller so I forgot how trash those things are. Definitely not getting Mario Party if I have to rely on that lovely connection and tiny rear end controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
For the record we used both my joycons and also his, both from around launch. I had sent in one of mine to be fixed and it was better but still unreliable. They extremely suck rear end. Lmfao if you don't have a pro controller tbh.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Astro7x posted:

re-pair, not repair
I had no idea what that person was talking about but this makes sense. My bad. Also lol at the idea of opening up a controller multiple times to gently caress with wires or something while trying to play a game with your buddies over.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Macaluso posted:

You also broke your joycons, you are an irresponsible Switch owner

It was that COMMON ISSUE where I think the right one would be extremely lovely. They had a streamlined process for it. I love my precious Nintendos.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Graviija posted:

God damnit, I've been so excited about the prospect of getting a Switch for the holidays this year (my fiancee has asked me to not buy it myself yet so we can "pay off the wedding first" or whatever. I know, I know, I should leave her), and now I'm not sure if I should just wait for the revision.

Thread, should I still pull the trigger on the Switch v1 and just upgrade later, potentially?

I know this is God's Perfect Console, so I literally just need one person to tell me to get the Switch as soon as possible and I totally will.

Lmao Jesus Christ

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Getting married is gay.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Macaluso posted:

Yo does Nintendo have a patent on the split controller thing because I need that poo poo on my PC like yesterday

Pretty sure you can connect the joycons to anything as a generic controller via Bluetooth.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

b_d posted:

the nintendo ones? those are pretty much the original.

Probably the third party ones that plugged into a wiimote.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

bowmore posted:

Nick 'Sex Pest' Robinson

Why doesn't that dude just get a real job and stop posting? How embarrasing for him lmao.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Diablo switch will have seasons, right?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Really hope they toss SNES and N64 game to the online service instead of this being for an N64 classic.

But this is totally an N64 classic.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Shine posted:

Diablo 3 is the sort of game my wife and I will excitedly binge on for like two weeks, then completely lose interest, then 4-5 months later one of us will say "hey, we haven't played Diablo in a while!" and binge for another two weeks. Having a couch co-op version sounds really nice, so we'll probably get it on Switch when the cycle repeats itself.

This is exactly what I do. Usually roll a new guy at the start of every two or three seasons. I just picked up the switch version because I was getting the itch and hadn't bought the necromancer pack yet, so I'm trying them out. There's a few small changes and the UI is way different but it's Diablo 3 alright. The switch sleep mode is such a great addition though, and makes the daily quests that much more bite sized.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Feenix posted:

In D3 I rolled a Necro for this season. I am playing Seasonal Adventure. Do I need to be doing anything special to earn the Seasonal Necro set or otherwise be working toward the goal for the season?

You get it from the seasonal quest stuff. Just keep going for those.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Anyone have a recommendation for a power bank that'll charge a switch? I was considering grabbing a powercore 20100 to keep in my backpack for my phone/to travel with. How do those handle the switch?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Over There posted:

Why do so many people seem to have a deep hatred of D3?

I hated grindy lootgames until D3, which I've allowed to wash over me and give my brain those dumb good feels of big numbers that get bigger. It occupies the same space as like a match three game for me.

Also I really hate the writing in everything blizzard does so it's nice not having to play the story at all now. I really can't stress how much better the game is if you just skip all that poo poo and get straight to riftin' and bountyin'.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Look Sir Droids posted:

Well, I did it. Got the Mario kart bundle, Zelda, Kirby, and a Pro controller. All on sale. Probably end up getting the dumb Minecraft game too bc my 5 yr old specifically asked for Minecraft.

Minecraft is unironically a good game, and really fun split screen. Get it and build a fort with your kid. :kimchi:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
My Switch Indie Picks are Celeste, Thumper, and Tumbleseed. All are available for pretty cheap, though you may bounce off of Tumbleseed. It's a weird roguelike that's both chill and stressful, though they added a big patch not to long after it came out and tipped the scale way more into the chill side. Also Enter The Gungeon is on sale regularly and a good alternative to Isaac. But Celeste is drat near perfect and Thumper is badass. I thought Golf Story was charming enough but pretty mediocre and forgettable after the fact.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How do I get one of the gamecube controller adapters?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What happened to that thing that was supposed to let you stream pc games to the switch that goons were very excited about being definitely released?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hammer Bro. posted:

The hacking version recently added audio support. It also doesn't require an NVIDIA-based graphics card (or something comparably beefy) on the computer side of things.

I'd give it a try but the only PC game I play is mouse-based.

The steam link app works pretty good if you have an Android phone FYI. I used it to play some slay the spire and into the breach.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is it wrong that I'm just looking for the panel arrangement that would be closest to loss? (4123)

3 1 4 2

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Mega64 posted:

Sell it and buy it again when it comes out, when you're not playing your Switch you're wasting money.

lol

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What's the word on Wargroove? Goon approved? Might pick it up when I get home if it's good.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Have not actually gotten that far in the game but I loving love every one of the palette and background options in Downwell. This has to be the best $3 I ever spent.

Whats the minmax upgrades and weapons? Laser weapon feels most powerful to me paired with buying some extra charges, otherwise I need the laser sight upgrade.

I'm not very good, but iirc grabbing weapon pickups also gives you bonus (health, +ammo meter, etc) so it's best to just get good with everything and always go for new weapons.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Wargroove? Good?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
So the announcement said Tetris 99 was free to play, but it looks like it's just straight up free (with the paid online thing of course) and there's nothing you can buy at all? Because hell yeah gimme more of these weird little experiment type games for free.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Spellman posted:

I thought about the Link's Awakening remake and proceeded to imagine how easy it would be to do the Oracles up the same

Both the oracles games in one package where you can do the cross game stuff without messing with codes....... gently caress yes.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

We knew about the VR headset patent things for a long time now. I'm thinking it was just a prototype thing that will never be realized. The switch as it exists would be loving godawful to slot into a headset like the Google daydream or whatever. The GameCube had the groundwork in it for 3D screen displays, but nothing ever came of it. It's vestigial.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Yo FUUUUUUUUCK the dpad on the pro controller. What a goddamn piece of poo poo for like seventy loving dollars or however much I paid for it. Yes I did just end three games of Tetris 99 because it slammed a piece down when I was trying to move it to the right. You'd think modern technology would be capable of crazy poo poo like know that up and right are different things but this wasn't solved back on the loving NES controller or Gameboy or anythingJesus Christ Nintendo you guys really have your top men on this poo poo huh you stupid motherfuckers.

Rot in hell.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

unimportantguy posted:

I've had a total of 1 bad input on the pro controller playing Tetris 99. Granted, it lost me the match, but given that I've owned the thing since launch and used to play Puyo Puyo Tetris on it all the time, I'm willing to deal. What are some of you doing with your dpads?

I bought mine like a week after I got my switch on launch day and from day one it hosed up in BotW selecting weapons vs selecting your magnet/timestop/whatever. It didn't matter much so I didn't care, and I didn't really touch the d-pad in most games beyond booyahing in Splatoon. It's poorly designed/made as evidenced by all the people cracking it open and sticking tape in it.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Heath posted:

If you went to the graveyard more than twice and kept doing it even though you were getting owned and getting no reward for it and making no progress, the problem is with you

Ah yes, why would you think that this game that is the poster child for GIT GUD, the hardcore game that is known primarily for being difficult, would be this hard. You idiot. You collosal moron.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Brother Entropy posted:

why is losing in tetris 99 way more aggravating than losing in apex

Because you only have yourself to blame, and also you can kinda seemingly just get screwed by being targeted at random. Game owns, I still need to fix my dumb pro controller though, or pick up one those 8bitdos.

Apex on switch when.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Real hurthling! posted:

Is source engine established on switch? Any other games on the platform use it?

Orange Box on switch when

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I just got a switch and am likely never going to buy any physical games for it. What's generally the best place to get digital copies? From nintendo itself? Amazon? Doesn't look like anyone is selling Legend of Zelda digitally for less than $59 at the moment, for example.

Typically from the eShop. I think Amazon will have sales on digital stuff but not with any kind of regularity. I can't recall seeing anything on sale there.

The best thing to do is to keep an eye out for sales on eShop credit. Those pop up pretty regularly. Check in the video game deals thread, those guys are wizards and have helped me secure discounts on Nintendo bux a couple times now.

I typically stock up on funds and spend them on big games I want or wait for eShop sales for exxxtreme savings.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
My body is ready

To cry :negative:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

MarcusSA posted:

Lol then they kill it 2 years later for no real reason.

Yeah, as someone who lives in an ex Google fiber city, I don't trust Google for any new service like this. They can't even commit to a single text message app for fucks sake.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Tetris 99 reminded me that lLmines is on here and I bought it at launch and it's still really fun even if the switch port kiiiiiinda sucks.

I saw that Voez recently reached over 200 songs. I remember looking at that back when there were only a handful of games on the switch. Anyone here play it and recommend it? I know there's a demo and I remember thinking it was pretty fun but wasn't really into the songs.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

SeANMcBAY posted:

What’s wrong with it on Switch? I’m still thinking of buying it.

It has pretty bad load times. Nothing like totally egregious since the normal mode games typically last quite a bit longer than a go at Tetris, at least for me. It's super annoying in the little challenge mode though where you have to make shapes, to the point that I just don't do that mode despite liking it alright.

I've also noticed slowdown/frame drops during gameplay. I can deal with it, but it's certainly annoying, especially in a game this chill and pretty. It does take me out of the flow a little bit.

This is all in handheld mode btw.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
APE OUT is tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Looper posted:

1. wonderful 101