Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Shockeh posted:

Meanwhile, the other suggested Metroidvanias are all nowhere near as good, and that leaves me with the grim realisation I have been utterly spoilt by the quality level of Hollow Knight, and nothing will come close.

loving S A M E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
echoing the sentiment that motion controls are fine conceptually and it is very much the specific implementation in Let's Go that is overtly problematic

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

is Tim Rogers like Xenoblade where when people say they like it it's actually a Funny Meme that they are espousing and not some bizarrely true fact

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait I don’t get it what’s the funny meme with XC2? The big tits thing?

the joke is people saying it's a good game that they like

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Feenix posted:

It does look like that, in moments, but mostly very shimmery and fuzzy.

you're right, it is Warframe

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Some of us live in places that are far from everyone else with bad internet and the netcode can make or break a game experience.

sounds like the netcode ain't the problem

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Barudak posted:

There are 9+ different systems for character advancement in XBC2, the story ask you to forgive/feel sorry for multiple people who are plotting complete human genocide, titty titty titty rockin everywhere, combat mechanics are parsed out with the full system not available till 20+ hours in, the just about every single boss fight ends with you getting your rear end whupped in cutscene to the point where it becomes farce, combat is half baked, there are numerous mechanics or quests that are just egregious time sinks, its DLC is so much an improved experience if you play it first good luck finishing the main game, and it has gatcha mechanics in a single player game.

this; in other words, it's 1) bad and 2) your average contemporary JRPG

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I don't care what they do in Metroid prime just make those loving chozo ghosts stop respawning every time I go in that God drat room, you know the one.

I know exactly the one and I feel this so hard

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I watched the trailer. It looks cool I guess. Reminds me a lot of a PS game named Tonga or something about a pink haired cave man dude.

hell yeah, motherfucking TOMBA

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

Also I refuse to just call them "Duck Hunt." That's just lazy naming :colbert:

you're wrong

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Any reason not to do a family online account and have friends pitch in like $5 to be added

Nope.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

it takes a tack with depression and anxiety that led me to the (incorrect, but i got there anyway) moral of "your mental illnesses can be solved by simple perseverance"

I cannot think of a single healthy way to deal with mental health problems that does not involve perseverance

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Through fire, justice is served! :black101:

To punish evil forces, I have been charged!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

sexualization of minors

they call it "anime" I think

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I keep getting disconnected from online games (Smash, Splatoon) and I can't loving figure out why. My roommate also has a Switch and plays the same games and it hasn't happened to her once. We'll be playing Splatoon together and I'll get disconnected - from my ethernet-connected dock - while her wireless connection keeps on chugging (I tried just switching to wireless and it didn't change anything).

Posting this after being banned from Splatoon for three minutes for disconnecting too much. Can't believe I paid money for this poo poo.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

That sounds like an issue with your router or ISP.

It might be a thing with having two Switches connected to the same router, but I would hope that that wasn't a problem.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it an official Nintendo Ethernet adapter, or just a random usb-to-ethernet adapter?

I'm using the one I got from Newegg for my Wii U. I'd replace it with an official one if I had the money and knew it would solve the problem.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Check this page and report the results.

Did all this after reading. Hopefully this alleviates the problem.

LethalGeek posted:

The only time I had this kind of connection problems was when my machine was using wifi in the dock when it should have been on wired. Given it sounds like you checked that while it was happening my thought is the ethernet adapter or wire itself is somehow bad or the router is doing something pissy specifically to you. The former is easier to test at least.

That's the next thing I'm gonna test if the issue persists, yeah. The Switch dock's ethernet connection is also connected to a switch (heyo) that connects to the router, and that might also be a problem, I suppose.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Haven't gotten disconnected in quite a while, but now my Splatoon pro controller won't charge. I switched the battery out with my other pro controller, and the battery itself is fine - the Splats controller just, can't read a connection from any USB-C cables.

I just want to play video games.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

It's the same reason Xenoblade Chronicles was heralded as godly when it came out: when a JRPG comes out with a quest completion function where it just checks off instead of making your rear end haul over to the questgiver, a save anywhere function, and actually bearable voice acting, people noticed because it these were features that normal human beings would appreciate.

normal human beings were also put the gently caress to sleep by the boring rear end gameplay, though

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I don't care about indies, the only thing I like about video games is the perverse joy I take in knowing they were produced by a company that I've arbitrarily categorized as not being independent

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Gripweed posted:

I'm starting to get the impression that whether or not a game is too anime is based entirely on whether or not you liked it.

my usage of 'anime' as a pejorative is generally "sacrifices good writing and art and often gameplay to instead appeal entirely to lonely nerds who get off on extremely-dated anime tropes and patriarchal feelings of possessiveness towards women (waifu)"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

show me the switch f-zero game nintendo

SHOW IT TO ME I KNOW YOU HAVE IT SOMEWHERE

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

SilverSupernova posted:

You now have a second Captain Falcon mii skin for Mario Kart 8.

Fallom posted:

may i interest you in an "assist trophy" instead

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

You're right, I'm not, because I don't play Smash. And now I never will now that I know that it's pay-to-win.

why do you think that my friend

Mons Hubris posted:

Mischief Makers remaster when

this... this is a good question. a tough question, that gets to the bottom of, the issue at hand,

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Astro7x posted:

Has it really been 15 years since we had a console F-Zero game? How is this possible...

Nintendo decided that people must not like F-Zero when they didn't buy the really lovely GBA games that played like bad versions of the SNES game

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

GreatGreen posted:

Definitely no fanboys in here who will defend Nintendo’s every decision no matter how baffling, nope.

'fanboys' is a strange way to refer to 'people with functioning digits and/or brains'

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

depends on to which part; the "should be able to remap controls" part is right, the "gonna use ableist language to insult people for not being born with a freakish mutant hand that can only possibly play video games on the original NES controller and as such requires options that enable them to change any other controller into as close a facsimile as possible to truly experience joy" part is an eyebrow raiser

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I've beaten Dark Souls seven or eight times, and Ornstein and Smough still give me trouble every single time.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Super Mario Nation

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

RCarr posted:

I would have paid $60 for Hollow Knight.

I have, and a further 100 on top of that

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

yo where's the Fight Crab news

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

if you don't need a box then what the gently caress is it gonna stream to, google

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

okay but when are they gonna show us the NX

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

go somewhere else

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Macaluso posted:

And I also don't want them to re-write stuff or do new dialogue, because I don't want them ruining changing Cloud or Aeris to be more like their post FF7 versions.

you're not wrong but also the current ENG script for FF7 is straight up terrible

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

the problem with 9's story, I say as someone who just played through it on the Switch, is that it sidelines the most interesting character (Vivi) almost entirely after the first chunk

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Reality Winter posted:

I'm looking for something I can play on PC with, but with the proper nintendo button placements.

http://www.8bitdo.com/

edit: oh you're looking for analog triggers, guess I shoulda read

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

hot take; 30fps just straight up looks better than 60fps

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Leal posted:

Stable 30 fps is better then unstable 60 fps

yeah that

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

American McGay posted:

Unstable 60fps isn't 60fps.

unstable 60fps is the reality of nine out of ten games that seem to make a big deal of being 60fps, in my experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Fallom posted:

xenoblade 2 makes my eyes bleed

anime does that to me, too