Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Has anyone beaten that tug of war mini-game on Challenge Road of super mario party? Pull it Together? No matter what I do Peach beats me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Which Final Fantasy titles are coming to Switch?

7, 9, X, X-2, 12, Crystal Chronicles HD, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Everybuddy

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Is it okay that I am most excited for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon? Is that a good series? I've heard of those games but have never played them.

Have you ever played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? It's like that but with Final Fantasy monsters.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

everything I've read has said that Nintendo is one of the better companies to work for, re: how it treats its employees

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

On one hand Satoru Iwata took a pay cut while the company was doing less than excellent, mainly so they wouldn't have to fire people and lose morale

on the other hand Masahiro Sakurai's arms calcified and almost fell off while he worked from 9am to 10pm every day on Smash Bros

That's the man's personal work ethic, and he seems excessive even for the Japanese work ethic

He's very much a man that doesn't like to leave his work unattended or unsupervised. He constantly comes back to a series that he's continually expressed fatigue regarding having to work on because he sees it as his responsibility.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sakurai treats every Smash game like it's the last one he's ever going to make. At this point he only has himself to blame for not walking away.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Can you buy the physical version and upgrade to the digital deluxe as if it were DLC?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I guess I'll get the digital deluxe version to play on my own Switch, buy the physical version for the arwing, and give the physical copy of the game to my sister.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov3wjgvoaOA

why

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

only vaguely Switch related but

https://twitter.com/BoltGSR/status/1061319844170100736

;-;

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

New characters coming to Mario Tennis Aces.

Luma and Pauline weren't in the datamine.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jose Oquendo posted:

Do I have to buy the toys and poo poo? Like, if I want to just play the game with an Arwing, can I just get the edition that's on sale at Best Buy or do I have to get the super deluxe edition or the toys or whatever?

there's a digital version with all the ships, including the arwing, on the switch eshop. but you can't buy the physical version with the arwing and like buy a digital upgrade

they're both full priced options

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

New ominous things teased in the Kirby Update cause it comes out in a few days.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1066889608439316481

Play as everyone in the new story, fight a real big handful of new/redone bosses and uh... something is happening there that they've been building up to all year.

those swords seem rather familiar...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Well they are in the intro. There's some lore about how they were used by heroes to seal away GREAT EVIL or somesuch but it's not covered terribly well.

they remind me of Sectonia's, is all I'm saying

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Switch is considerably stronger than the Wii U. Like, it's not as huge a leap as the PS4 or XB1 but it's nothing to sneeze at.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

is the performance/porting job better than the other consoles' versions of it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

The HD version looks really weird. It seems only the character models and menus are HD and the rest are SD assets.

https://twitter.com/IntelligenTom/status/1095895291633426435?s=19

It's a strange aesthetic. If it weren't for portability, I'd consider playing the old SD version.

PSX games were not well preserved at Square. The fact of the matter is that those assets don't exist anymore to upscale.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb3Y0h_loyg

3D World + Bowser's Fury is faster than Wii U 3D World

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Super Mario 64 also has a very vocal and valid contingent of people who don't want it changed or messed with in any way, so I can understand why it's more or less just a resolution bump with new textures.

Also there's fanfare over rereleased games because these are classics that stand the test of time that pretty much everyone has been wanting. I'm not surprised they're making a big deal about it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Max Wilco posted:

Ideally, I'd like to have the physical version, but if Nintendo's going to make the physical version a limited run, then I imagine it'll sell out in minutes, and people will turn around and scalp it for obscenely high prices (like what happened with the NES Classic).

You can still pre-order it for regular price. Like. Literally. Right now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Max Wilco posted:

Additionally, I'm a miser who doesn't like paying full retail price for games.

Then you picked the wrong franchise in general. Nintendo, and by that same metric, Mario games rarely drop in price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Guh. I forgot how difficult the manta surfing in Galaxy was. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions, cuz I keep falling off the track.