Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
In spooky news, the zombie Mario costume is out for Odyssey

Oh and some filters as well

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Holy poo poo the Pokemon look awful

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There's something weird going on because half of people say this and another half of people including myself think they look amazing. Even from people who don't care about Pokemon I'm seeing them on both sides

Okay, it's more like they're a little unsettling to me

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So aside from not having to worry about losing your game carts, are there any benefits of exclusively downloading vs. buying physical?

Like, what happens if the eShop is shut down for good one day, and you lose access to all of the games you've downloaded?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

bushisms.txt posted:

It's funny cause of all the systems, Nintendo is the last one to worry about, look at how they're handling the wiishop closing in 2019. They treat digital like physical, in that you own it, not a license. Compared to sony who is literally shutting down games a year after they launched and pulling others off the store completely and even corrupting the rightful owners copies.

You still end up losing all of the Wii games you've downloaded if your Wii becomes hosed somehow. Also, Sony isn't the only one who has pulled games off of their stores; all of the major companies have had games pulled off of their store front at one point. Finally, what are you talking about with the last point?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

gently caress, I'm gonna miss Reggie.

I'm a little nervous about Bowser, seeing as how he used to be at EA

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Heath posted:

JP release has English support in physical, otherwise yes. In spite of the fact that when you save it tells you not to remove the game card

Would you recommend Amazon Japan to buy it from? I'm getting sick of Play-Asia, and they seem cheaper

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So since the VR Labo kit is out now, I had a question regarding the reflective tape. If it comes off, could you tape it back on with double sided tape? I know that if you use regular tape, it'll cover the reflective part

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I know that this is an old release, but I just bought the Labo Robot kit, and one of the slim grommet is missing. Is there a substitute I could use for it?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 20, 2019

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Did they ever restock the full kits? I ended up just getting the starter, and buying the other kits from Nintendo's online store

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

For those going digital only, does Nintendo have a reliable account system now where you feel like your purchases are safe even if your system fail?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

s.i.r.e. posted:

Now? Yes.

I was just curious because I'm thinking about starting to buy indie games on the Switch instead of Steam. It just seems more convenient, but I wanted to get some opinions on it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

As someone who went all in on physical for the 3ds and got annoyed by carrying carts everywhere, making my portable much less portable in reality, I’m all digital this time. I never sell games really anyway, so that doesn’t really apply to me.

I have zero worries about my games being available. Honestly, by the time the eshop stops supporting the switch, you’ll be able to hack it and install your games anyway.

It’s very freeing to just grab the system and have all your games right there. Go digital and don’t look back.

Well, before the Switch, I'd been using Steam as my go to indie platform. I'm afraid that I'm gonna be tempted to buy everything I had on Steam on the Switch; plus the eShop deals obviously aren't as good as Steam.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love DKJR and Clu Clu Land. They really should have been games that were there from the start though.

Clu Clu Land is vastly underrated IMO

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So I take it the port is pretty bad?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So how is the Castlevania Collection on the Switch, emulation wise?

I heard there are some audio glitches, but is it super bad?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

OhFunny posted:

There's reports of Castlevania 1 crashing on the final level at a high rate. The only bad thing I've seen so far, but it's pretty bad.

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1129038798195576832?s=19

Also sounds like a second collection is in the works since they called this one "the first".

Edit: wow my spelling is bad.

Is there a way to avoid this, like save stating before the last stage, or is it pretty much impossible to complete the first game

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So I guess a Mario Maker 2 delay is inevitable now.

They could fix this before launch, right?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Why is Mario Maker 2 being random only the breaking point for people when it comes to Nintendo's online?

I'm not saying it's unjustifiable, but Nintendo's online has been pretty lovely for a long time

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Shammypants posted:

Is the lack of ease or complete lack of playing with friends a Japanese cultural thing or something? Maybe Japanese people don't like to play with their friends and Nintendo is just like, oh yea no one does.

I'm probably gonna get a ton of poo poo for this, but you do know that there's local couch co-op, right?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I think the situation with MM2 annoys me so much because of the fact that people are making such a big deal out of this, compared to every other time online on a Nintendo system has been mediocre.

Meanwhile, you have poo poo like this going on the PS4, and Sony making bullshit excuses such as " "We've got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base."

https://wccftech.com/wargroove-dev-sony-denied-crossplay/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-13-sony-defends-decision-to-block-cross-play-with-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm sorry if I come across as a fanboy. Maybe part of me is a fanboy, and I need to stop it. Nintendo's online is the crappiest out of all the companies, and it should be free.

I still think MM2 is gonna be great, but the random online is a blemish, and one that needs to be patched. I just think it's dumb to let that be a deciding factor in whether or not to get the game.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Mega64 posted:

Based on the scientific process of a quick Google search and no fact-checking whatsoever, Super Mario Bros. 3 adjusted for inflation would cost like $100 today so buying five years of Nintendo Switch Online is equal to buying SMB3 in 1990.

Now factor in all the other NES games on there, and you're saving thousands of dollars. Therefore, Nintendo Switch Online is clearly a better deal than Playstation Plus.

That NES service is the first thing they need to change. loving bullshit that they can't do more than three games a month

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm afraid that Nintendo's E3 stream will be nothing but filled with comments about MM2, if the responses to this Tweet are anything to go by

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1133447849566515200

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

SirBukkake posted:

"Nintendo fans, we heard your call and we're going to do our best to provide you with online multiplayer with friends. See you when Super Mario Maker launches June 28. 2021!"

I know you're joking, but I do have a feeling that they're going to delay it by a month due to all of the backlash

I know they could patch it, but is it really something they can implement within a month? Has the game gone gold already?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

they're not going to do this when they can easily patch it in a month later instead

Is is something that could easily be implemented? I'm sorry for being really ignorant about game development, but would this be something they could get out in a patch within a month?

Otherwise, I'll be expecting people to spam one star reviews of the games on every major retail sit

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Has anyone here tried Swords of Ditto? It's on sale, but I've been hearing mixed things about it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Did anyone buy Lethal League Blaze? How does it run in handheld mode vs. docked?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Does anyone know if the sound effects issue found in the E3 demo of the Grandia Collection fixed or not?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

d3lness posted:

I'm playing 2 right now and haven't heard any issues. What was the problem?

When they showed off the first Grandia at E3, some of the sound effects were missing.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Has anyone had any issues with their Joycons wearing out? I was playing Smash today with the Joycon horizontally, but I was having trouble dashing to the right, and my character would end up in a walk

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes. They’re known to drift after a while due to hardware issues under the stick. Nintendo will fix it for free so give them a call.

If I do send them in to get them repaired, is it an actual permanent solution, or will it eventually happen again down the road?

I'm thinking about getting a Pro controller so I won't have to worry about my Joycons eventually drifting

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

No one can really say yet. There apparently is some build difference between ones included with the new systems but they haven’t been out long enough to know.

On second thought, I'm wondering if it is drifting. Isn't that when the Joycons register input even when you're not touching them? I've tested some other games and haven't noticed any problems on them

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

RandomFerret posted:

Drift just means the centre of the analogue stick is moving off from where the system thinks it is. That can result in any number of control issues, depending on the game. Character moving when they shouldn't, not moving when they should, going in a slightly wrong direction, too slow, etc. Some games have a big enough dead zone in the centre that it doesn't even make a noticeable difference

What if I'm only noticing control issues in one game? Like I said, I'm sometimes having trouble playing Smash with the Joycon sideways. When attached to the Switch, it's fine for the most part

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

Maybe you just aren't good at Smash?

Thank you for that helpful comment

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

RandomFerret posted:

Does it get worse when you move further away from the dock? Because there's also a known issue with the wireless antenna on the early joycons that causes similar symptoms to analogue drift and Nintendo will replace those for free as well

I was pretty close to the dock while playing, although maybe it had to do with some wireless interference?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Wildtortilla posted:

I got my joycons back yesterday. It was exactly five weeks from shipping for repairs to getting them back.

Are the repairs a permanent fix, or is it until you wear out the Joycons again?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Looks like Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore is going to be based on the Western version. A sad day for vagina bones everywhere.

So did they change anything other than making all the female characters less skimpy?

Because holy poo poo, the comments on this article are pure cancer

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/nintendo_apologises_for_tokyo_mirage_sessions_censorship_misinformation_offers_refunds

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So with the Namco Bandia publisher sale ending soon, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if I should get the Switch version of Taiko no Tatsujin, or just get the PS4 version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Policenaut posted:

They have different soundtracks so you should look those up first before making any kind of decision.

Yeah, I noticed the PS4 game has more variety when it comes to Namco original songs and game music, while the Switch is more focused on licensed music.

I might as well just get both at this rate. Both are different enough that it justifies the purchase.